HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   A.Kostitsyn vs. Perezhogin (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=268188)

Tatay Farlo 07-06-2006 08:10 PM

A.Kostitsyn vs. Perezhogin

What do you think. After seeing Perezhogin play pretty good near the end of the season and into the playoffs and Kots really pick it up after his first few months in the AHL, who do you think will have the better career. I always thought Perezhogin but I think he will be a solid 20-25 goal guy with a strong defensive game while Kots will be more of a top-line forward that can challenge 50 goals with the right linemates.

Who do you think will have the better offensive upside for the Habs?

Poochie_D 07-06-2006 08:13 PM

Kostitsyn will become a Miro Satan level player.

Perezoghin will become an Afinogenov level player.

hard to pick.

Hackett 07-06-2006 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baljitgill (Post 5947795)
What do you think. After seeing Perezhogin play pretty good near the end of the season and into the playoffs and Kots really pick it up after his first few months in the AHL, who do you think will have the better career. I always thought Perezhogin but I think he will be a solid 20-25 goal guy with a strong defensive game while Kots will be more of a top-line forward that can challenge 50 goals with the right linemates.

Who do you think will have the better offensive upside for the Habs?

where have you been?

SOLR 07-06-2006 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poochie_D (Post 5947822)
Kostitsyn will become a Miro Satan level player.

Perezoghin will become an Afinogenov level player.

hard to pick.

Miro Satan? I think Kostitsyn got much more of Marian Hossa and I think thats about his upside.

Afinogenov?(he got a lot of physical traits) I dont think Perezhogin got any comparision in the russian world, hes quite unique in how hard he hits, and how stable he is, maybe a less talented, smaller Kovalchuk(talent -1.5 tiers) would be my description.

kostitsyn1489 07-06-2006 08:27 PM

I prefer Kostitsyn and he'll be a better player but both will be really important for the team. Kostitsyn will never have the quickness of perezhogin.

Tatay Farlo 07-06-2006 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hackett (Post 5947881)
where have you been?

Whats up bro. Been lurking here and there but busy at work and took some vacation. I'm back to annoy. :)

Tatay Farlo 07-06-2006 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOLR (Post 5947984)
Afinogenov?(he got a lot of physical traits) I dont think Perezhogin got any comparision in the russian world, hes quite unique in how hard he hits, and how stable he is, maybe a less talented, smaller Kovalchuk(talent -1.5 tiers) would be my description.

As much as I like Perezhogin, I wouldn't even mention Kovalchuk and Perezhogin in the same breath from a comparsion standpoint. Kovalchuk is a rare breed and haven't seen anything last year that would show me Perezhogin having even a bit of that.

tinyzombies 07-06-2006 09:00 PM

Kostitsyn is the shooter, he'll be the better player imo. Perez will be good too.

SOLR 07-06-2006 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baljitgill (Post 5948160)
As much as I like Perezhogin, I wouldn't even mention Kovalchuk and Perezhogin in the same breath from a comparsion standpoint. Kovalchuk is a rare breed and haven't seen anything last year that would show me Perezhogin having even a bit of that.

I said -1.5 tier in talent, placing him as a 30-35 goals kovalchuck(Kovalchuk upside is 60-70 goals). Both have some of the same abilities at being very solid on their skates and not afraid at working in the corners. Both can also hit like north americans. Perez is also smaller. Afinogenov is completely on the other side, very afraid to engage in physical play, only use finesse etc. Thats why I said Perez is a less talented and smaller kovalchuk.

Maxpac 07-06-2006 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOLR (Post 5947984)
Miro Satan? I think Kostitsyn got much more of Marian Hossa and I think thats about his upside.

you have go to be kidding me?if there's one thing i can't stand about Perezhogin is how easily he falls down, evreytime he's up againts the boards he falls on his ***, very frustrating even, but he's still young and will become stronger

Habsfan18 07-06-2006 09:44 PM

Kostitsyn

SOLR 07-06-2006 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcel the great! (Post 5948805)
you have go to be kidding me?if there's one thing i can't stand about Perezhogin is how easily he falls down, evreytime he's up againts the boards he falls on his ***, very frustrating even, but he's still young and will become stronger

Hmm? Compared him with Afinogenov, he doesnt go in corners! :biglaugh:

Evil Ted 07-06-2006 10:57 PM

there should be a "hard to say" choice aswell because these guys dont have many NHL games between them at this point.

I also think alot of people are picking kosty because they have only seen a handful of games perez didint have a great season this year with the habs, so hes portrayed as a player who is not as good as kosty.

Slick Nick 07-06-2006 11:06 PM

All I can say is that Perezhogin will suprise you next season. He has all the tools. Kosty lacks vision, but has better finishing skills.

I'd pick Zhogy before Kostitsyn by a mile.

Dr_Hook 07-06-2006 11:06 PM

it's tough cause last time I saw Kostitsyn play was in november and he sucked big time... :( Supposed to have gotten lot better after that.

I picked Perezhogin. We saw a little bit of it in the playoffs against Carolina, he seems to have passion and fire inside, with him crushing that guy's face with his stick a couple years ago and stuff... He won't take BS from anyone :D

jpchabby 07-06-2006 11:11 PM

I take Kostitsyn, simply because he has a lot more talent then Perezhogin... Kost is gonna become one of the great players in the NHL, that's for sure...

Perezhogin is not gonna become one of the bests, but simply a very good player, IMO

chillmat 07-06-2006 11:15 PM

Kostitsyn seems to be the more offensively skilled of the 2 but I do think Perezhogin will become a very useful 2-way player...

Slick Nick 07-06-2006 11:17 PM

Perezhogin is so underated... :shakehead

Well it's all good... I've been trying to tell everybody the same about Markov a few years ago, people laughed at me!!

Tatay Farlo 07-06-2006 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slick Nick (Post 5949912)
Perezhogin is so underated... :shakehead

Well it's all good... I've been trying to tell everybody the same about Markov a few years ago, people laughed at me!!

I dont think he's underated, I think its more that Perez will be more of a solid 2-way player while Kots will be a pure sniper.

Slick Nick 07-06-2006 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baljitgill (Post 5949976)
I dont think he's underated, I think its more that Perez will be more of a solid 2-way player while Kots will be a pure sniper.

Depends on what you mean by 2 way forward... a third liner with an offensive upside, or a first liner with good checking skill.

IMO, 95% of the people that said Kostitsyn had a greater upside actually only seen him in 2 or 3 games, and are that dispointed with Perezhogin that they vote Kostitsyn by default.

I was amazed with Perezhogin's game in the playoffs... I'm really high on him for next season. He has such great skills, but seems to have an even greater problem with confidence... to me the only thing that stops him at this point.

The kid is shy.. if he can get a little confidence he'll be a great NHLer.

Tatay Farlo 07-06-2006 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slick Nick (Post 5950068)
Depends on what you mean by 2 way forward... a third liner with an offensive upside, or a first liner with good checking skill.

Thinking a 3rd liner with offensive upside personally.

Slick Nick 07-06-2006 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baljitgill (Post 5950096)
Thinking a 3rd liner with offensive upside personally.

Personally, I think you're wrong.

Habsaku 07-06-2006 11:42 PM

I voted Kostitsyn only because of the shot and the Kovalev type moves. I'm a big fan of Perezhogin but his lack of shooting skills last year made me rethink his offensive potential. That said, it think Perezhogin is a much safer bet as a future NHL star, he's got almost all the tools needed. He's also getting stronger and faster each year.

Slick Nick 07-06-2006 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsaku (Post 5950124)
I voted Kostitsyn only because of the shot and the Kovalev type moves. I'm a big fan of Perezhogin but his lack of shooting skills last year made me rethink his offensive potential. That said, it think Perezhogin is a much safer bet as a future NHL star, he's got almost all the tools needed. He's also getting stronger and faster each year.

Perezhogin's shot was always praised as one of his best assets.... as any Hab fan, I've seen zhogy miss shots like a pee-wee all of last season... but you have to put this on lack of confidence...

I mean how could have he been drafted in the first round, play with Jagr and on the russian national team if he misses so much shots... nervous kid.. next season will demonstrate if he has enough balls to deal with the NHL pressure..

Le Tricolore 07-06-2006 11:53 PM

I voted Kostitsyn because... I don't know. I've just been following him ever since he got drafted.