HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   EHM Habs! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=26838)

Duff88 11-09-2003 02:14 PM

EHM Habs!

Try this :

1- Go download Eastside Hockey Manager
2- Go on This site and download the latest roster
3- Start a season using the Habs
4- Have fun, right your stories here :-P

IMPORTANT : Do not do trades like Audette for Forsberg, be realist and don't do easy trades even when the other team accept

IMPORTANT : Try not making too much trades and FA signings, it'll add more fun to the game.

I did it. The first thing I did was trading Donald Audette and Richard Zednik to Dallas for Jason Arnott and a 2nd round pick. I started the season and it went very well with a 16-13-2-1 start.

Then came the WORST part of my 2003-2004 season. 15 straight games without a single win. I was close to fire Julien but the team consistently dominated so I decided to keep him for a bit more time. Ribeiro, Dykhuis, Brisebois and Kilger were claimed off waivers. Koivu, Arnott and Souray were all injured so it was quite difficult.

Then, there was Arnott and Souray's return that helped the team a whole lot. We came back from a 16-25-4-2 record to go out and win most of the games. With the signing of Stanislav Neckar, my defensive was like this : Markov-Rivet / Souray-Komisarek / Hainsey/Quintal / Neckar, Bouillon, Traverse. Then, there was my best move of the season, bringing Chris Higgins up, and lining him with Koivu and Ward. Higgins had 15 goals, 16 assists and 31 points. He finished 2nd in rookie scoring behind Zherdev.

I traded Sundström and Archer to the Calgary Flames for Martin Gelinas who was having a bad season, but who came out strong with us.

My team were in the race until the end but came out short of a playoff appearance by 4 points, behing the Rag$. That was frustrating because Tampa Bay (3rd in the East) had the same number of points and Dallas & St. Louis had a points less than us.

My season's best player was Yanic Perreault who had 22 goals and 34 assists for 56 points, and a FO% of 73,7.

Detroit beat NYI 4-2 in the Stanley Cup Finals, Ray Whitney was the Playoffs MVP.

The award ceremony :
Jack Adams Award --------Dave Lewis
Calder Memorial Trophy --------Chris Higgins
King Clancy Memorial Trophy --------Eric Staal
Hart Memorial Trophy --------Markus Naslund
William M. Jennings Trophy --------Martin Brodeur
Lady Byng Memorial Trophy --------Markus Naslund
Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy --------Darren McCarty
James Norris Memorial Trophy --------Nicklas Lidstrom
Maurice Richard Trophy --------Markus Naslund
Art Ross Trophy --------Markus Naslund
Frank J. Selke Trophy --------Shane Doan
Conn Smythe Trophy --------Ray Whitney
Vezina Trophy --------Patrick Lalime
Stanley Cup --------Detroit Red Wings

Then came the most important day of the year for a GM, the Entry Draft. I did scouting all the year with André Savard, Trevor Timmins and Nikolai Vakourov.

CSB had Ovechking first, followed by Schremp, Olesz, Laaksonen (Game created offensive forward), McGrath, Wolski, Poracky (Game created heart-and-soul two-way forward), Levasseur (Game created heart-and-soul two-way forward), Tardif (Game created heart-and-soul two-way forward) and Barker.

I had the sixteenth pick and among the players that interested me, there were Poracky (#7 from Karlory Vary) Levasseur (#8 from Acadie-Bathurst), Tardif (#9 from Guelph), Adam Pineault (#11 from the NCAA), Ralph Diamond (#13 from the NCAA) and Richard D. Willaume (#17 from Sweden).

The draft went like this :
1) Pittsburgh - Alexander Ovechkin
2) Atlanta - Rob Schremp
3) Phoenix (CBJ) - Rostislav Olesz
4) Calgary - Aapo Laaksonen
5) Carolina - Cam Barker
6) Los Angeles - Wojtek Wolski
7) Chicago - Evan McGrath
8) Edmonton - Zdeno Poracky
9) Minnesota - Lauri Tukonen
10) Florida - J-F Levasseur
11) Washington - Daniel Tardif
12) Nashville - Adam Pineault
13) Buffalo - Ralph Diamond
14) Dallas - Evgeni Malkin
15) St. Louis - Richard D. Willaume
16) Montréal - ???

I was in trouble. Poracky, Levasseur, Tardif, Pineault, Diamond and Willaume were all drafted in front of me. I had four options :
  1. Trade down to Vancouver in order to #27 in order to draft game created forward David Laliberté from the Montreal Rockets, a physical two-way center.
  2. Trade the pick to get help immediately for next year or a prospect
  3. Pick Jakub Sindel, a small but extremely skilled goalscorer from Czech Republic
  4. Pick Mike Card, a big defenceman who hits hard and plays well on both ends of the ice

I took #3, and Jakub Sindel was my choice. He is the same kind of pick as Andrei Kastsitsyn. He's not a sure pick but could become a big factor in my future.

#16) Jakub Sindel - Goalscorer
#44) (From Dallas) Mark Fistric - Big physical defenceman to form THE duo with Mike Komisarek in the future
#46) Mattias Hellström - Two-way center from sweden.

I decided to trade my 3rd round pick to Atlanta for prospect Guillaume Desbiens. They drafted goaltender Wayne Weight.

#106) Johan Fransson - Opted out in 2003, and he was one of the players I really wanted in Montreal. Offensive defenceman.
#136) Per-Olaf Ljungdvist - 6'6/220 forward. Plays a good all-around game, might become a fourth liner if I'm lucky.

I just started my new season, Perezhogin has graduated and I signed Teemu Sellane to form a line of Higgins-Koivu-Selanne.

Try it, you'll see it's really entertaining.

CrAzYNiNe 11-09-2003 02:19 PM

lol I have been playing that for over 3 years now. I love it

Duff88 11-09-2003 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY_NiNe
lol I have been playing that for over 3 years now. I love it

It's the same thing for me. I can't wait for EHM:FE. The possibility to start in the Q as the Sags and waiting to get an offer from an NHL team just seem too great. :yo:

Belarus Rocket 11-09-2003 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duff88
It's the same thing for me. I can't wait for EHM:FE. The possibility to start in the Q as the Sags and waiting to get an offer from an NHL team just seem too great. :yo:

Do you know when Is the game supposed to be In store and If it will be available In Quebec

Duff88 11-09-2003 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Future=Hossa
Do you know when Is the game supposed to be In store and If it will be available In Quebec

It will be available in the first quarter 2004. I'd be surprised if it'd be available in store but you will most likely be available to command it.

Team_Spirit 11-10-2003 01:55 PM

I like more FHL leagues ...you talk with people like you and make trades , it's much more realistic . I've joined a league and i have the Habs . No one wants Audette or Juneau and i like it in the way that it's the same in the NHL !

1st move :Fire Julien and put Gainey behind the bench .
2nd move :Trade Dackell and Rivet to Atlanta for Braydon Coburn .

Duff88 11-10-2003 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
2nd move :Trade Dackell and Rivet to Atlanta for Braydon Coburn .

WOW!!! What was the other guy thinking! :lol:

Team_Spirit 11-10-2003 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duff88
WOW!!! What was the other guy thinking! :lol:

well Rivet is a decent d-men and Dackell had 78 of DF wich make him a prenium 3rd liner on a contender ...

But yeah i've put a ****ing great move :)

EquabaleAce 11-10-2003 02:05 PM

ive been playing it for like over a year now but is there a new version out
i keep on getting the one with alav vigneualt as coach

Maithz 11-10-2003 02:29 PM

I have download the new roster and I'm in 2003-2004 and here is my lineup

1 Alexander Perezhogin - Saku Koivu - Richard Zednik

2 Tomas Plekanec - Chris Higgins - Andrei Kostitsyn

3 Michael Ryder - Mike Ribeiro - Jason Ward

4 Chad Kilger - Sean Avery* - Niklas Sundstrom

1 Andrei Markov - Patrice Brisebois

2 Ron Hainsey - Mike Komisarek

3 Sheldon Souray - Stephane Quintal

Res : Steve Eminger* ( Not Ready , 59 Overall , he is in Hamilton )

Injury : Marcel Hossa 2M

1 Jose Theodore
2 Mathieu Garon

* Sean Avery acquired in return , Jan Bulis , Craig Rivet , Steve Begin and 2 5th pick in 2004

* Steve Eminger Claim off waiver by the Montreal Canadiens ( 1-11-2004)

EquabaleAce 11-10-2003 03:28 PM

does anyone know why koivu is out for 4 months at the start of the game

Duff88 11-10-2003 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adammacisaac
does anyone know why koivu is out for 4 months at the start of the game

His knee injury, it'll be only two months after the mid-season. He comes back after 12 games.

EquabaleAce 11-10-2003 04:42 PM

thanks

Habs4Life 11-10-2003 04:59 PM

The site has been down all day!

Habs4ever 11-10-2003 05:04 PM

Use this link it works

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs4Life
The site has been down all day!

http://eastside.peliplaneetta.net/

download feature doesn't seem to be working does anyone have the latest 1.18 version PM me if you have it.

Dutchy 11-10-2003 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs4ever
http://eastside.peliplaneetta.net/

download feature doesn't seem to be working does anyone have the latest 1.18 version PM me if you have it.

Same here...

Cayouche5 11-10-2003 05:39 PM

I started a season
Look at my roster

Zednik--Perreault--Audette
Nagy*--Ribeiro--Shastlivy**
Bulis--Juneau--Sundstrum
Worrell***--Begin--Ward

Markov--Boynton****
Brisebois--Komisarek
Rivet--Quintal

Theo
Garon

*Trade #1
Nagy for Hossa and 2 5th rounder

**Trade #2
Claim Shastlivy in waiver draft and Unprotected Dackell who was Claim by Florida

***Trade #3
Worell and 5th for Balej and 4th

****Trade #4
Sourray and Maxim Lapierre for Boynton and 3rd

Trade #5
Trade 2 3rd for Konstantin Zhakarov and Konstantin Pushkarov

Koivu is out for 5months
I'm 8-8-1 after 17 games

Audette is my leading scorer with 10goals and 9 assits in 17 games ( :dunno: )

EquabaleAce 11-10-2003 07:22 PM

i made a bunch of trades, i just can't help myself. i'd be the worst gm in the league, but i did get alot younger and cheaper though

AK-47 11-11-2003 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HABS-65
I have download the new roster and I'm in 2003-2004 and here is my lineup

1 Alexander Perezhogin - Saku Koivu - Richard Zednik

2 Tomas Plekanec - Chris Higgins - Andrei Kostitsyn

3 Michael Ryder - Mike Ribeiro - Jason Ward

4 Chad Kilger - Sean Avery* - Niklas Sundstrom

1 Andrei Markov - Patrice Brisebois

2 Ron Hainsey - Mike Komisarek

3 Sheldon Souray - Stephane Quintal

Res : Steve Eminger* ( Not Ready , 59 Overall , he is in Hamilton )

Injury : Marcel Hossa 2M

1 Jose Theodore
2 Mathieu Garon

* Sean Avery acquired in return , Jan Bulis , Craig Rivet , Steve Begin and 2 5th pick in 2004

* Steve Eminger Claim off waiver by the Montreal Canadiens ( 1-11-2004)

You traded Jan bulis, Craig Rivet and Steve Bégin and two 5th round pics for Avery? Geez, that guy hasn't proven anything yet and I fail to see the incredible upside that would justify such a trade. Just by trading Bulis for him, you were ripped off. I hope you were trying to slice down your payroll coz otherwise that trade doesn't make much sense. Furthermore, if you were trying to build for the future, then why trade your picks?

On the flip side, your lineup still has a lot of potential and seems well rounded for the future. Claiming Steve Eminger off waivers was a no brainer. Good move

Nyclaus 11-11-2003 08:53 AM

Any1 can help me: I can't use the "Lines" tab hence, I can't simulate games and am stuck at 05-09-2002

Nyclaus 11-11-2003 09:08 AM

Sorry guys, this is a poorly coded game.

FerrisRox 11-11-2003 10:41 AM

Nyclaus...

Your inability to work the game, while everybody else has no problem, doesn't mean the game is poorly coded.

Secondly, yes, that Sean Avery trade was truly awful. Trading Rivet or Bulis alone for him would be one-sided for LA.

Also, another GM lost several serviceable players for nothing on waivers.

No excuse for that. Guys like Juneau and Dackell, etc can all fetch decent prospects or mid-picks, or high picks if packaged to a depth-challanged team.

Duff88 11-11-2003 01:12 PM

I finished my 2nd season yesterday. My first line of Higgins-Koivu-Selanne was my best line of the year as Koivu finished T-8th in the league with Lecavalier and Modano with 77 points (32-45). Selanne finished T-6th with Kariya with 39 goals (39-31-70). Higgins has developped nicely so far.

Alexander Perezhogin and Cory Urquhart were the only rookies to make the team for more than 5 games, as Perezhogin played the whole season to finish T-5th in rookie scoring with Aapo Laaksonen with 30 points (13-17). Ovechkin was, without a surprise, the rookie of the year with 41 points (18-23) while playing with Straka and Beech most of the year on a bad Penguins team. Urquhart was less lucky. After a sensationnal developpement in the first 15 games in the AHL, he was brought up after an injury to Jason Ward, but after a kneeing of Rostislav Klesla, he had to be out for 2 months. He then was sent down to the AHL after. He was good before his injury, he had 2 goals and 3 assists for 5 points in 8 games.

The team was in the race until the end like in 2003-2004 but we finally missed the playoffs by 5 points. The race for the playoffs was extremely tight in both conferences since the difference between the worst team who made the playoff and the last team in the league was only of 17 points. I finished with the 7th overall draft pick.

The turning point of my season was the firing of Claude Julien in the middle, after a 12 game losing streak were we dropped to the 28th rank in the league. Doug Jarvis took his spot has Head Coach while Mark Habscheid was hired as the Farm Team Head Coach.

Detroit won their second straight Stanley Cup against the Florida Panthers. They lead 3-0 but Florida won 3 straight game to force a 7th game. Pavel Datsyuk scored 1:18 in the 1st OT to give Detroit the stanley cup.

There was one BIG trade in the league, Jagr went to Buffalo for a couple of prospects.

The award ceremony :
Jack Adams Award --------Bob Hartley
Calder Memorial Trophy --------Alexander Ovechkin
King Clancy Memorial Trophy --------Aapo Laaksonen
Hart Memorial Trophy --------Jaromir Jagr
William M. Jennings Trophy --------Martin Brodeur
Lady Byng Memorial Trophy --------Markus Naslund
Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy --------Adam Deadmarsh
James Norris Memorial Trophy --------Braydon Coburn
Maurice Richard Trophy --------Brendan Shanahan
Art Ross Trophy --------Jaromir Jagr
Frank J. Selke Trophy --------Olli Jokinen
Conn Smythe Trophy --------Pavel Datsyuk
Vezina Trophy --------Martin Brodeur
Stanley Cup --------Detroit Red Wings

Again, the NHL entry draft. It was a really poor year if you forget the #1 (Sidney Crosby), and the top 8, the draft was about as weak as 2002. I'm frustrated because the team who got Crosby didn't deserve him because of their big market and big players. Anyway, the player I wanted was rated #6 and his name was Ken Whitney, a 5'11/190 forward but who plays a good offensive game and who works well along the boards.

1) St. Louis - Sidney Crosby
2) Carolina - Matt Young ( 5'11/170, similar to Whitney but with less grit )
3) Columbus - Charles Paré ( Future franchise goaltender from the Q )
4) Toronto - Joey Lyndon ( Big talented center but he isn't physical )
5) Chicago - Luke Cerda ( American forward with good offensive skills and good skating )
6) Dallas - ???

Here was one of the best moment of the year. With Chicago's choice to go for a hometown boy, I was left with CSB's #5 Gus Cowall and CSB's #6 Ken Whitney. They both are similar players but Whitney is more consistent and talented, while Cowall is bigger and more physical. I had Whitney in front of Cowall in my draft list.

Dallas chosed Gus Cowall

So I chosed Ken Whitney and was really proud of my choice! :yo:

37. Todd Nenaydohk - Big RW, not overly physical but is a good scorer. He's playing in the NCAA so he'll take some time to developpe
67. Richie Williams - All-around defenceman who can do anything on the ice from throwing hard hits to scoring goals and playing a good defensive game. Lacks of hockey sense and is inconsistent.
97. Olivier Pichette - 6'6/249... Played with Maxim Lapierre in the Q. Needs to get faster and more consistent.
100. Sébastien Poulin* - Franco-ontarien who scored 71 goals in 73 games last year with the Kingston Frontenacs.
127. Wilson Marshall - Even if he's only 5'7/140, Wilson Marshall is a great playmaker who can skate and stickhandle throught defence. He's playing in the NCAA so we'll let him developpe.

I just started my 2005-2006 season. Here's my current lineup :

Higgins-Koivu-Selanne
Kostitsyn-Perreault-Ward
Bulis-Perezhogin-Hossa
Ryder-Urquhart-Parker**
CALL-UPS : Plekanec & Milroy

Markov-Rivet
Hainsey-Yuskevich***
Souray-Komisarek
CALL-UPS : Shasby**** & Korneev*****

Theodore
Garon

*Pick acquired from Washington for Brent MacLellan
**Acquired with a 2nd round pick in exchange of Arnott (Under-achieved)
***Signed as a UFA with a lack of experienced Defenceman ( 1 year + team option, Two-way contract for 1,4M )
****Could have made the team out of camp but I decided he was too young
*****Injured during camp

My Audette+Zednik for Arnott+2nd round pick trade turned out worse than I expected. The 2nd round pick turned out to be Mark Fistric who is a future core player but Arnott really underachieved while Zednik had 21 goals and 54 points last year, while Audette left as a UFA before retiring. Zednik for Parker+Fistric+2nd round pick is OK but I thought I made a great trade.

BrettHabs24 11-11-2003 01:26 PM

When you download it, where do you download it to?

Because I just downloaded it and I still get the whole roster etc..

Can someone post a detailed instructions on how to download it into the game etc.. for it work??

Thanks.

Duff88 11-11-2003 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrettHabs24
When you download it, where do you download it to?

Because I just downloaded it and I still get the whole roster etc..

Can someone post a detailed instructions on how to download it into the game etc.. for it work??

Thanks.

Read the readme of the roster update!

To edit a .ehm file, use Notepad (Bloc Notes)