HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Mike LeClerc (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=268496)

BDubinskyNYR17* 07-07-2006 12:45 PM

Mike LeClerc

He is only 29 and would add some size and grit to our lineup. I would not mind if we signed him to a 2 year deal. Anyone think we should target him?? If we signed both Mike LeClerc and Isbister our lineup would look a bit better

Straka Nylander Jagr
Prucha Immonen Isbister
LeClerc Cullen Ward
Hollweg Betts/Moore Orts/Orr

Levitate 07-07-2006 12:50 PM

why.

he brings nothing that the Rangers don't already have for the 3rd and 4th lines.

and Isbister? again, why?

He's in no way a 2nd line player. Not really even a third or fourth line player because he just plays like he's invisible. the only reason he's still in the NHL is because teams keep thinking that they'll magically be able to unlock the ability that he does have, but does not use.

people hate Hossa, Isbister is worse

True Blue Bleed Blue 07-07-2006 01:22 PM

I'll take Simon over him

DutchShamrock 07-07-2006 01:22 PM

Man, are you ever content? Really, if you had your way, the lineup would be different year to year. Changes for the sake of changes.

As for this one, no. Like Levitate says, we have enough of this type player, young and cheaper. What we need, a #1 D man and some scoring forwards, are not easy to come by. If we acquire any it will be out of left field and a shock to us all.

McDonagh27 07-07-2006 01:26 PM

It's getting ridiculous... Every day you want at least 5 different guys signed...

Edge 07-07-2006 01:48 PM

LeClerc never became the player some people expected and at this point likely will not. Same with Isbister.

Not worth it to me.

bobbop 07-07-2006 02:07 PM

Leclerc has always intrigued me. Before he ran into a string of injuries, Leclerc had broken into the top 6 in Anaheim and he was heading towards top line status. I saw him play quite a bit when I lived in LA and I was really excited about his development. That said, it's been a few years since he played at that level so I'm not sure what's left in the tank. If he is healthy he is definitely worth a one year incentive laden contract. Best case, he could be a nice surprise. Worst case Jason Ward with more offense or a winter in Hartford.

bigblue21 07-07-2006 02:29 PM

Isbister, you couldn't pay me to take. Well, that is, unless you were paying me specifically, and not the Rangers.

Leclerc, intriguing player, doesn't do a lot for us, though.

BigCanada77 07-07-2006 02:36 PM

Edge, I like LeClerc's potential and I think its still there, somewhat. It seems to me he was never in the right enough environment. With that said, lets hope New York is another wrong environment and he doesn't come here. Doesn't bring anything.

And Isbister????? C'mon now Orts.

n8 07-07-2006 02:49 PM

i also have liked Leclerc. maybe if we don't get Shanahan. but no thanks to Isbister.

ChrisKreider20 07-07-2006 03:43 PM

:biglaugh: :biglaugh:
The proposals never end...

eco's bones 07-08-2006 01:26 AM

Isbister is a classic case of what an underachiever is. For all those can't stand Hossa based on his performance last year--just think about someone who has had that same kind of a season about 6 years in a row. That's Isbister. Yes he's big and he has some skill but he doesn't do anything with it. And from what I've seen he's not all that physical either. As for LeClerc he's also a reach to put on your top 2 lines--he might have been worth it to take a chance on about 4 years ago.

CM Lundqvist 07-08-2006 02:02 AM

I'd rather sign LeClerc than Sykora.

As for Isbister, put the peace pipe down.