HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Fischer to play with Johnson! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=268551)

Freaky Habs Fan 07-07-2006 03:42 PM

Fischer to play with Johnson!

Eric Johnson will play at least one season in college so David Fischer will play on the same team. Hopefully, he'll be able to play on the same pairing for a while...

Cyrrus147 07-07-2006 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan (Post 5956034)
Eric Johnson will play at least one season in college so David Fischer will play on the same team. Hopefully, he'll be able to play on the same pairing for a while...

Yea , thanks to Johnson he decide to go to college :handclap:

SOLR 07-07-2006 03:47 PM

Scary Team.

didjuicythat 07-07-2006 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan (Post 5956034)

I'd say Johnson is expected to have a much, much bigger impact than Fischer in his first year in WCHA hockey. After all, Fischer has only played HS hockey so far in his career.

From what I understand, Fischer won't be asked to be much more than a 3rd pairing d-man in his first season with the Gophers.

Talent Analyst 07-07-2006 04:09 PM

Nice .. !! That will help him for sure in his developpement !!:bow:

Marchy79 07-07-2006 04:22 PM

To be quite honest I was hoping Johnson was going to be in St. Louis this year. That probably would have meant more minutes for Fischer IMO.
Ahh well, I have faith in Fischer... I think he may surprise in his first year of NCAA hockey.

goalchenyuk 07-07-2006 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost # 1 (Post 5956633)
To be quite honest I was hoping Johnson was going to be in St. Louis this year. That probably would have meant more minutes for Fischer IMO.
Ahh well, I have faith in Fischer... I think he may surprise in his first year of NCAA hockey.

The team already have few good d-men , out of Johnson ....

Habruti! 07-07-2006 04:36 PM

That should give us a pretty good guage to evelualte him...

Marchy79 07-07-2006 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark0v (Post 5956795)
The team already have few good d-men , out of Johnson ....

Fer shure ;) but adding Johnson to the mix will probably result in costing Fischer minutes. Prospects improve most in real game situations... Limiting a player to 3rd pairing d, when he could be somewhere in the 'O' playing top line mintes... well, is a bad situation for our guy... With that thought (of more better 'd') I'd be worried about quality playing time for our prospect... :dunno:

Toro 07-08-2006 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost # 1 (Post 5956861)
Fer shure ;) but adding Johnson to the mix will probably result in costing Fischer minutes. Prospects improve most in real game situations... Limiting a player to 3rd pairing d, when he could be somewhere in the 'O' playing top line mintes... well, is a bad situation for our guy... With that thought (of more better 'd') I'd be worried about quality playing time for our prospect... :dunno:

In College hockey he will get more practice time. which is almost as valuable if not more. A lot can be learned in U.S. College Hockey..It is a great league.

I agree with earlier post that it will be nice to guage fischer against Johnson.

HabuseMoi 07-08-2006 07:51 AM

Fischer will own Johnson

just to piss people off :D