HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Aebischer to St-Louis? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=268594)

Cyrrus147 07-07-2006 04:25 PM

Aebischer to St-Louis?
 
According to hockeytraderumors.com, the St-Louis Blues would have a interess in the habs goaltender David Aebischer.

Which player could we get in exchange of David Aebischer? A young defenseman would be nice.

PyrettaBlaze 07-07-2006 04:27 PM

I'm going crazy with all these rumours! :banghead:

Poochie_D 07-07-2006 04:28 PM

Aebischer to St.Louis for a second rounder. Signing Shanny would be alot easier that way.

Firthbird 07-07-2006 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pyro (Post 5957350)
I'm going crazy with all these rumours! :banghead:

Relax, go burn something Pyro:sarcasm: :biglaugh:

PyrettaBlaze 07-07-2006 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firthbird (Post 5957361)
Relax, go burn something Pyro:sarcasm: :biglaugh:

Where do you live?

Artie 07-07-2006 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pyro (Post 5957372)
Where do you live?


now that's :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

JordanStaal#1Fan 07-07-2006 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 (Post 5957339)
According to hockeytraderumors.com, the St-Louis Blues would have a interess in the habs goaltender David Aebischer.

Which player could we get in exchange of David Aebischer? A young defenseman would be nice.

Since they probably will finish last, well, a first rounder would do the trick :sarcasm:

P.S.: Would love to have Angelo Esposito, wouldn't you?

centsfan 07-07-2006 04:33 PM

Wait a second... What's interesting in St-Louis? [thinking] Don't say a draft pick!

BobbyFischer* 07-07-2006 04:35 PM

Abiescher for Al MacInnis!

wildone26* 07-07-2006 04:35 PM

If Montreal is going to trade away Abby to a place he can be the #1 goalie they had better hurry it up. Only a week ago there were 5 teams possable looking for #1 goalies:

Philadelphia
St. Louis
Detroit
Los Angleles
Ottawa

and 5-7 goalies looking for to be traded or signed to those teams:

Cloutier
Gerber
Aebischer
Nabakov
Biron
possably Giguere
possably Weekes


Now Los Angeles and Ottawa are gone, with Cloutier and Gerber going there. There are reports that Belfour is signing with the apparently crazy Detroit Wed Rings. So that would leave only two teams possably looking for a new #1. Montreal had better move faster, unless they want the uncomfortable situation of both Huet and Aebsicher being there and both making over $2 million a year.

cazawaza 07-07-2006 04:47 PM

What about Aebischer, Ryder and a third VS Tkachuk?

GoHabsGO252006 07-07-2006 04:47 PM

This also being reported by Andy Strickland who posts on hockeybuzz.com often, from what I have seen he is very reliable in his reporting, in fact I don't think I've ever seen him report stuff that was blatantly ridiculous, false or made up. I trust his reporting whether or not a deal will get done, who knows.

HCH 07-07-2006 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildone26 (Post 5957430)
If Montreal is going to trade away Abby to a place he can be the #1 goalie they had better hurry it up. Only a week ago there were 5 teams possable looking for #1 goalies:

Philadelphia
St. Louis
Detroit
Los Angleles
Ottawa

Add Florida to that list.

wildone26* 07-07-2006 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by briste (Post 5957594)
Add Florida to that list.


You dont think Florida are satisfied with Auld as their starter? I am not sure, but possably you are right and they will be looking for a starter as well.

centsfan 07-07-2006 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildone26 (Post 5957622)
You dont think Florida are satisfied with Auld as their starter? I am not sure, but possably you are right and they will be looking for a starter as well.

They're looking for lots of things... Including fans!

IcE ColD 07-07-2006 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CazaWaza (Post 5957544)
What about Aebischer, Ryder and a third VS Tkachuk?

Gross. Don't swear like that.

RC51 07-07-2006 05:03 PM

SO what is Abiecher worth to ST. Louis?
It better be more then a pick in 2010. Thier just is not much they can offer.

PyrettaBlaze 07-07-2006 05:08 PM

Sending aebischer alone to St. Louis wouldn't get you much in return..

Stiffler 07-07-2006 05:09 PM

What about Aebisher and Souray for Eric Brewer?? If Souray truly wants out and since he will be UFA in a year, that could work well for us.

IcE ColD 07-07-2006 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pyro (Post 5957750)
Sending aebischer alone to St. Louis wouldn't get you much in return..

We'd get the whole team... so therefore, you're right, we wouldn't get much in return :sarcasm:

PyrettaBlaze 07-07-2006 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IcE ColD (Post 5957768)
We'd get the whole team... so therefore, you're right, we wouldn't get much in return :sarcasm:

Haha true :dunce:

Kafka 07-07-2006 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 (Post 5957339)
According to hockeytraderumors.com, the St-Louis Blues would have a interess in the habs goaltender David Aebischer.

Which player could we get in exchange of David Aebischer? A young defenseman would be nice.

I posted last week the idea that Montreal could trade Aebisher for a young D prospect from St-Louis and mentioned it could soon become an Eklund rumor (he always start rumors that make sense for both teams).

IcE ColD 07-07-2006 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kafka (Post 5957808)
I posted last week the idea that Montreal could trade Aebisher for a young D prospect from St-Louis and mentioned it could soon become an Eklund rumor (he always start rumors that make sense for both teams).

Are you Eklund? ;)

centsfan 07-07-2006 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IcE ColD (Post 5957768)
We'd get the whole team... so therefore, you're right, we wouldn't get much in return :sarcasm:

Any St-Louis player = 0 value
All St-Louis players = 23 * 0 value = 0 value

kaherdin 07-07-2006 05:22 PM

I honestly dont think that St-Louis is looking for a goalie...they will start with Sanford (who played well) et Bacashuia....if we want to make a proposition i think a Bryce Salvador and maybe a pick would fetch Aaebischer...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:03 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.