HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   GDT-OILERS at NYRangers, Monday, Nov. 10th (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=26894)

Lowetide 11-09-2003 06:23 PM

GDT-OILERS at NYRangers, Monday, Nov. 10th

Oilers West vs. Oilers East. Here's some questions for you:

1. Has Lowe done a better job than Sather?

2. Would you take back the York/Poti trade?

3. Do you miss Anson?

4. Can you remember the player who came to Boyd Devereaux's resuce after Dallas Drake gave him the Jimmy Legs?

FacelessButcher 11-09-2003 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowetide

3. Do you miss Anson?

4. Can you remember the player who came to Boyd Devereaux's resuce after Dallas Drake gave him the Jimmy Legs?

1. I think Lowe has done better
2.If people wouldn't boo Poti probably
3.No, not particularly
4.Moreau?

prediction-
3-2 for NYR(OT)
Carter 2, Barnaby

Dvorak, Smith

HockeySense85 11-09-2003 06:46 PM

Quote:

3. Do you miss Anson?

I am going to the game at the Gardens on Monday and will relay my opinions after. I expect that Conks will get the start in goal. With Reasoner injured and Stoll feeling dizzy, I guess this means that Symth will have to go back to center and Sarno and Horcoff will both stay in the lineup. Is there any chance that MacT would try someone else up the middle? I am hoping that Hemsky is back in the lineup, althought I am not anxious to see Salmo come out just yet.

I just got NHL center ice a few days ago, but I tell ya, for a Canadian living in NY, that is priceless!!!

1. Yes
2. Absolutely not!
3. See above
4. Dan Lacouture

Lowetide 11-09-2003 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeySense85
4. Dan Lacouture

Geez, I thought that question might last an hour. Good job. Look forward to your report.

Okay, new question.

Can you name the player who starred for the WHA Oilers and later starred for Hartford and as a New York Ranger? I have some lovely prizes, including tupperware, 24 empty beer cases and a Stan Weir rookie card. :D

zamboni 11-09-2003 08:02 PM

Mike Rogers.

Lowetide 11-09-2003 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zamboni
Mike Rogers.

You're right, of course. Very fine player. Alright one more, and that's it.

The first Finnish born player to play in the NHL was actually born to Swedish parents and grew up in Sweden. He played for the Rangers and for the WHA Oilers.

Can you name him?

Digger12 11-09-2003 08:18 PM

Quote:

You're right, of course. Very fine player. Alright one more, and that's it.

The first Finnish born player to play in the NHL was actually born to Swedish parents and grew up in Sweden. He played for the Rangers and for the WHA Oilers.

Can you name him?

Juha Widing, of course. :D

Read all about him here:

http://www.hockeyresearch.com/oldchl/pomjuhabill.htm

1. Yes.

2. No. He drove me crazy.

3. Nothing against him personally, but not really.

TheBrew 11-09-2003 08:51 PM

4-3 for the Oilers Dvorak 2 Isbister Torres Dvorak will be flying and will make Sather look stupid for that trade.

Oilers Hockey 11-09-2003 08:56 PM

When is the last time the Oilers won at the Garden? I think history shows that arena gives the Oilers trouble.

5-3 Rangers.

I still (kinda sorta) believe in Salo, but I want to see Conklin get the start.

Yanner39 11-10-2003 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemskyfan
When is the last time the Oilers won at the Garden? I think history shows that arena gives the Oilers trouble.

5-3 Rangers.

I have to agree. History + Bad ice = doesn't look good for Edmonton.

On the other hand, Oilers are due for a win. In any case, I say Rangers 4-1.

barto 11-10-2003 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemskyfan

5-3 Rangers.

Salo's back in Edmonton getting his hip/groin MRI'd, so Conklin will definitely start - Valiquette backs him up.

Answers:
#1 - Yes...much better drafting system now, he's improving a lot at contracts and trades, and has a real passion for the Oilers which I think Slats had lost by the time he left.

#2 - No...York's a fantastic all-around player. Poti was displaying a tendency to a Comrie-like attitude his last year, aside from his high and low skill levels (offense & defense respectively).

#3 - Anson WHO? :D Not much, if at all. Really like Dvorak's attitude and work ethic out there - once he pops a goal or two, WATCH OUT! With Carter you never knew which one was going to show up.

4-2 Oilers tonight! (empty-netter)

USC Trojans 11-10-2003 10:05 AM

4-2 Oilers win over the Rags

Goals by: Dvorak (1st goal!!), Hemsky, Moreau, Brewer

On the Dvorak goal, Poti coughs the puck up in the neutral zone, sends D-Vo on a breakaway and puts it past the goalie. Sather thinks to himself, "Oh crap."

OYLer 11-10-2003 11:23 AM

Dvo goes Radekal on power play scores hat trick Cory adds to the Cross that Sather must bear assisting on all three goals. Poti has another brain cramp scores on his own goal with the assist coming from Carter. After Sather pulls his starter who lets in 4, Jussi makes 32 straight saves and is nothing short of outstanding. Ty records another shutout facing 20 shots all occuring in the first and second periods. Oilers outshoot the the Rags 42 to 20. Final score 4 to 0 for Edmonton. Salmo records 1st goal being the closest Oilers' player to Tom (all thumbs) Poti as he deflects the puck into is own net. Being the last Oiler to touch the puck before Carter throw the puck towards his own net somehow Sarno awarded assist on goal too.

Fantasy Island Manhattan style why not?:rolly:

Imagine Glen Sather initiating a new committment to defense - boy has this game of hockey changed!:joker:

Hemmer 11-10-2003 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OYLer

Imagine Glen Sather initiating a new committment to defense - boy has this game of hockey changed!:joker:

Doesn't he have to scratch Potsie to do that?

Kind of self-defeating to renew your committment to D with the purse-swinging of Tom Poti still in your lineup.

mamettt 11-10-2003 11:53 AM

I'll be at the game tonight and hopefully will be able to give some live notes on our boys. Pretty good seats, so I'll be able to see the action pretty well. Go oilers!

Yorkiegirl161861 11-10-2003 12:30 PM

I'll be at the game too. I'm leaving in just a little bit.

Hemsky4PM 11-10-2003 12:50 PM

3-3 Tie (Ty) that'll get old fast.

D-vo with two. Hemsky with 2 assists. Brewer with the third.

For the Rags: Moose, Lindros and Leetch.

Hemmer 11-10-2003 12:56 PM

3-2 Oilers

Oiler goals by Dvo, York and Cross
Ranger goals by Carter, and one credited to Leetch, who deflects it in off Messier's wheelchair.

oilersboy 11-10-2003 01:01 PM

4-3 Oil :D
First hat trick for Hemsky and one by York
This should be a great game

momentai 11-10-2003 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ooiilleerr_bergeron
First hat trick for Hemsky...

LOL. Yeah right. :p It would be quite the story for Hemsky to get 3 goals without registering a single shot. :joker:

Hemmer 11-10-2003 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ooiilleerr_bergeron
4-3 Oil :D
First hat trick for Hemsky and one by York
This should be a great game

ooiileer, I have to ask...

Doesn't your "Vert et Or is back" tag mean Green and Gold is back?

Eskies fan too?

gretzky2kurri 11-10-2003 02:00 PM

Conks second star.

Don't know the score.

CBC Oiler/Ranger clip:

http://www.cbc.ca/pcgi-bin/templates...-rangers031110

Oilers Ent 11-10-2003 03:04 PM

I'm trapped at work tonight so I can't listen to the radio feed. Try to update as much as possible guys :)

USC Trojans 11-10-2003 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momentai
LOL. Yeah right. :p It would be quite the story for Hemsky to get 3 goals without registering a single shot. :joker:

Goal 1: With a wide open net, Hemsky decides to unselfishly pass it over to Smyth but it bounces off a defenseman's skate and goes in.

Goal 2: Hemsky attempts a pass but it is intercepted by a Rangers defenseman. The defenseman passes it back to his goalie but he mishandles the puck and it goes in.

Goal 3: Brewer attempts a point shot on the powerplay but it deflects off a stick high into the air and lands on Hemsky's head. The puck somehow dribbles through the five hole of the goalie.

gretzky2kurri 11-10-2003 03:09 PM

Reasoner is out.

:teach: THIS IS BAD!