HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   I like these quotes... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=26994)

Fletch 11-10-2003 06:57 AM

I like these quotes...
 
"There were five giveaways in our end, two of them by LaCouture, one by Jamie, and two by Purinton," Sather said yesterday after an optional practice. "You can't come back and play them if they're going to cough the puck up five times on one shift. It makes things very difficult.

"Jamie gets the puck at center ice, and all he has to do is get the puck in deep. Instead, he tries to make a cute little pass. If he gets the puck in deep, the flow keeps going ahead. And he wonders why he doesn't play very much."

Ok...whose idea was it to dress Purinton on Jamie's left, and play Lacouture out of position on the right, all when Moore looked good as a center between Jamie and Danny? Hmmm. And yeah, cute play by Jamie, learned from watching his elders. Now, here's what a good coach does. When Jamie gets to the bench, lean over, and say 'next time you're in a situation like that, don't get so cute, just get the puck deep and keep the play going'. Sometimes it is just that easy.

BLACKBURN 11-10-2003 09:29 AM

Slats hes 22, new to the league and as Fletch said, hes had great examples to learn from, cough..........messier, kovy and the m + m sisters to name a few. If I was Jamie I would want to be as far away from NY as possible.

Sather your a dic* :teach:

Melrose_Jr. 11-10-2003 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch
"There were five giveaways in our end, two of them by LaCouture, one by Jamie, and two by Purinton,"

Pretty hard to believe that there were 5 turnovers and Malakhov wasn't responsible for any of them.

Seriously, when was the last time a veteran was called out for anything? Sather's oblivious the terrible play of some members of this team, but he's taking notes on every mistake the 4th line makes?

True Blue 11-10-2003 09:49 AM

Singling out the 4th line that consists of a misused youngster, a career 4th liner, and a friggin' defenseman who has not had a shift in 12 games while not mentioning a word about Messier, M&M, Nedved, Kovalev, or Poti is like blaming the Enron fiasco to the mailroom clerk.

NYR 11-10-2003 10:33 AM

Here's are a few more...


-"I wish someone would give me a job to do and tell me to just go out
and do it," Lundmark said.


-Sather said he wasn't sure how long he would keep Lindros on the wing
rather than have him centering his own line.

"Yahtzee,'' said Lindros, indicating with hand motions it was a roll
of the dice where he would play next.

Lundmark has been bounced from the 3rd line to the 1st and then down to the 4th. This kids head must be spinning right now and Lindros, it's just got to be a joke to him at this point. Yahtzee??? Sather has to go. :shakehead

Brooklyn Ranger 11-10-2003 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Blue
Singling out the 4th line that consists of a misused youngster, a career 4th liner, and a friggin' defenseman who has not had a shift in 12 games while not mentioning a word about Messier, M&M, Nedved, Kovalev, or Poti is like blaming the Enron fiasco to the mailroom clerk.

The people at Enron did try and blame it on the mailroom clerk--probably learned to do it from Sather.

Melrose_Jr. 11-10-2003 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR
"Yahtzee,'' said Lindros, indicating with hand motions it was a roll of the dice where he would play next.

Wow, I hadn't seen that one. When a guy who wears an "A" on his sweater begins to publicly mock the coach/GM, it's not a good sign.

True Blue 11-10-2003 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR
-"I wish someone would give me a job to do and tell me to just go out
and do it," Lundmark said.


-Sather said he wasn't sure how long he would keep Lindros on the wing
rather than have him centering his own line.

"Yahtzee,'' said Lindros, indicating with hand motions it was a roll
of the dice where he would play next.

After reading more and more of these comments, I am beginning to form an idea. Anyone out there think that the team is on the verge of a mutiny against Sather? It seems that the only person who is happy in the lockerrom is Messier and his opinion counts next to nothing on the team anymore. The more comments that are read, the more I think that the players themselves have had it with Sather and his nonsensical way. Think of it. Holik just keeps harping that all he wants is a defined role. Lindros says "Yahtzee'', not exactly a ringing endordorsment. Couple that with Lundmark, and what do you have? Not that I am endorsing it or anything like that. I just am getting a feeling that the only 2 people who are on the same page are Jackass and Messier.

Davisian 11-10-2003 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Blue
I just am getting a feeling that the only 2 people who are on the same page are Jackass and Messier.

Add Dolan to that list, and no amount of smarmy comments and general displeasure will unseat that troika..

Potter 11-10-2003 11:03 AM

That is being a TERRIBLE coach. I missed the game and I'm sure that Sather had a reason to be pissed if they did turn it over five times. But don't act like a girl afraid of confrontation, when he gets back to the bench grab the back of his shirt and say "DONT TRY TO BE SO @#$@ING CUTE!!! GET THE PUCK DEEP!!!" then send him out there again in a shift or two and see if he learned his leason. *****ing to through the media to a 22 year old pro athlete is not the way to teach them. This is terrible.

NYR 11-10-2003 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
Wow, I hadn't seen that one. When a guy who wears an "A" on his sweater begins to publicly mock the coach/GM, it's not a good sign.


I think the whole league is probably mocking Sather and deservedly so.

Brooklyn Ranger 11-10-2003 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Potter
That is being a TERRIBLE coach. I missed the game and I'm sure that Sather had a reason to be pissed if they did turn it over five times. But don't act like a girl afraid of confrontation, when he gets back to the bench grab the back of his shirt and say "DONT TRY TO BE SO @#$@ING CUTE!!! GET THE PUCK DEEP!!!" then send him out there again in a shift or two and see if he learned his leason. *****ing to through the media to a 22 year old pro athlete is not the way to teach them. This is terrible.

Yeah, but Lundmark's tough, he can take it! God forbid Sather yells Malakhov like that--he's probably curl up into a wimpering ball at center ice and cry. He's a sensative guy after all.

JR#9* 11-10-2003 11:10 AM

It would be interesting to be a fly on the wall when the coaching staff isn't around to hear what the players feel about the way Slats is running the show and what they think of all his double talking.

I can't stand Slats as ANYBODY who closely listens to what he says realizes the guy has a character problem and no backbone as he is constantly talking out of both sides of his mouth and bending scenario's to fit his version of a story if not fabricate them all togther.

And the best part about it is the level of arrogance NEVER seems to subside, regardless of the situation or how much egg he may have on his face at a given time.You would think that EVERYONE seeing right through his little front he puts on and openly laughing in his face with some of the gems he's thrown out there that this a$$hole would be smart enough to pull it in a bit and reaccess the situation but not this clown.

At times like this I'm sure most of the players as well as the majority of the fans wish that Slats would find that "42nd ST BRIDGE" he was refering to the other day and let him make his "you either a lion or a mouse" statement as he takes the plunge downward. :dunno:

John Flyers Fan 11-10-2003 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Blue
After reading more and more of these comments, I am beginning to form an idea. Anyone out there think that the team is on the verge of a mutiny against Sather? It seems that the only person who is happy in the lockerrom is Messier and his opinion counts next to nothing on the team anymore. The more comments that are read, the more I think that the players themselves have had it with Sather and his nonsensical way. Think of it. Holik just keeps harping that all he wants is a defined role. Lindros says "Yahtzee'', not exactly a ringing endordorsment. Couple that with Lundmark, and what do you have? Not that I am endorsing it or anything like that. I just am getting a feeling that the only 2 people who are on the same page are Jackass and Messier.

One thing I would have to say though is that Lindros has always thought that "Messier is God", so I would think that if Messier is a big fan of Sather, then Lindros would be as well.

Although the "Yahtzee" comment doesn't make you seem to think so.

Brooklyn Ranger 11-10-2003 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR
I think the whole league is probably mocking Sather and deservedly so.

Not just Sather, but the whole franchise, including the fans. These are truly embarrassing times.

NYR 11-10-2003 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Potter
"DONT TRY TO BE SO @#$@ING CUTE!!! GET THE PUCK DEEP!!!"


That quote sounds like it has Mike Keenans name written all over it.

NYR 11-10-2003 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
Not just Sather, but the whole franchise, including the fans. These are truly embarrassing times.


It's a shame to. NY is such an awsome sports city.

Davisian 11-10-2003 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
He's a sensative guy after all.

Hidden behind a bravado persona of course..

Fletch 11-10-2003 11:40 AM

Tb..
 
reality is nobody should be talking publicly to mock the GM/coach. That stuff should stay behind closed doors. And why single out Mess as being the only one endorsing Sather? Haven't heard a negative peep from Leetch, Kovalev or Nedved. Carter hasn't said much and Holik the Yapper has been pretty silent too. Yahtzee is priceless.

Brooklyn Ranger 11-10-2003 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davisian
Hidden behind a bravado persona of course..

That's why he's so quick to drop the gloves.

Davisian 11-10-2003 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
That's why he's so quick to drop the gloves.

As well as the soap..

Fire Sather 11-10-2003 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
Wow, I hadn't seen that one. When a guy who wears an "A" on his sweater begins to publicly mock the coach/GM, it's not a good sign.

I think he was just being funny. He needs to center his own line.

RANGERDIEHARD 11-10-2003 12:36 PM

This guy has to get his wrinkled old A** out from behind the bench and either let Renney run it our bring back Keenan. This guy has big coconuts criticizing anyone when he can't even keep track of how many men are on the ice.

dedalus 11-10-2003 12:52 PM

I like this one: "'I would absolutely like to have them jump into the lineup and start to dominate, so I could play them 20 minutes a game,' Sather said. 'You don't enter the game thinking these guys are going to play two or three minutes and that's it.'"

No, Glen, you don't enter a game thinking that. You enter a game thinking that they're going to get 15-17 minutes, and if you have ANY commitment to youth you FIND a way to get those minutes to them!

As always it's anybody's fault but Sather's. It's anybody's responsibility but Sather's.

Son of Steinbrenner 11-10-2003 01:28 PM

wait so lundmark has looked good? ha ha ha! guess what folks lundmark hasnt proven anything. sorry to say but he hasnt. what is sather supposed to do? play somebody that has looked out of place with everybody he has played with except for one game in montreal. lets go down the list
he had a so-so year last year after a great camp, he gets to finally play with holik the guy that everybody on this board begged him to play with and he did nothing. hmmm sather is wrong? hardly


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:26 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.