HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Columbus signs Hainsey to a 2 yr contract (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=270083)

Toro 07-11-2006 06:33 PM

Columbus signs Hainsey to a 2 yr contract
 
He had an alright year there. Actually was a + player while foote was not.

sXe 07-11-2006 06:34 PM

Guess that settles it then, Hainsey is better than Foote. Thanks for clearing that up.

znk 07-11-2006 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sXe (Post 5994345)
Guess that settles it then, Hainsey is better than Foote. Thanks for clearing that up.

:biglaugh:

Artyukhin* 07-11-2006 06:37 PM

1.425 million a yr

Toro 07-11-2006 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sXe (Post 5994345)
Guess that settles it then, Hainsey is better than Foote. Thanks for clearing that up.

thats not what i said lol

sXe 07-11-2006 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug mckenzie (Post 5994362)
1.425 million a yr

Ouch. Isn't he RFA?

Toro 07-11-2006 06:39 PM

foote played way more minutes and against the best the opposition could throw at columbus. I merely meant that he didn't play all that bad.

Freaky Habs Fan 07-11-2006 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug mckenzie (Post 5994362)
1.425 million a yr

NO :teach:

Around 600 000 the first year and 900 000 the second year

Artyukhin* 07-11-2006 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan (Post 5994400)
NO :teach:

Around 600 000 the first year and 900 000 the second year

:biglaugh: i seen 1.425 on rds thought it was per year as it wouldnt suprise me this year but yep tsn reports

575,000 this year and 900,000 next

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID...1&hubname=nhl]

NewGuy 07-11-2006 06:48 PM

Hainsey never worked out in Montreal, but if he can carve out an NHL career elsewhere then good for him.

goalchenyuk 07-11-2006 07:08 PM

:boredom:

Hainsey ? mfff

Habsaku 07-11-2006 07:13 PM

When he was picked out of waivers from Montreal journalists say it was the first time he put blame on himself and that he aknowledged that he didnt make the efforts necessary to be an NHLer. That might have been his wakeup call and It'd be great for Columbus if he finally fullfilled his talent. He was my favorite prospect for a while and I still think the talent is there to do something great. Gainey did good in clearing him though.

Biggsy 07-11-2006 07:16 PM

I always hoped Hainsey would be a solid Dman for the Habs but good luck to him in CBJ

Team_Spirit 07-11-2006 07:16 PM

We gave ice time Bouillon instead of Hainsey , that's why Gainey had to keep him. That's also why the Habs can't rebuild and hit the bottom , there always some sort of quick fix that can do the job better than a prospect and give the team a chance to compete for a playoff spot.

All eyes are on Gainey now , will he go for the quick fix with a guy like Sykora or give ice time to Perezhogin ?

Habbadasher 07-11-2006 07:21 PM

I have an acquaintance of mine who once said to "why work hard, it is not like we are making (x amount of dollars)".

Maybe Hainsey felt the same way, now that he is in the NHL he figures he needs to work hard.

Habsaku 07-11-2006 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej (Post 5994688)
We gave ice time Bouillon instead of Hainsey , that's why Gainey had to keep him. That's also why the Habs can't rebuild and hit the bottom , there always some sort of quick fix that can do the job better than a prospect and give the team a chance to compete for a playoff spot.

All eyes are on Gainey now , will he go for the quick fix with a guy like Sykora or give ice time to Perezhogin ?

Thats not at all why Hainsey was let go. He was let go because he never tried to work hard enough to earn his spot and never played well enough to do so. He wasnt even the best defensemen on the farm club, Beauchemin and Cote we're ahead of him on the depth chart. Instead of blindly blaming everyone in the organization, you should look more into it.

habs_24x 07-11-2006 07:27 PM

the Habs gave up on him too early...good luck to Ron, i hope he makes it big.

pavlako11 07-11-2006 07:36 PM

Unless he's buyin the next round..... well...... I'm goin back to bed... Hainsey woulda been our last defender, and we have Bouillon now.

znk 07-11-2006 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pavlako11 (Post 5994845)
Unless he's buyin the next round..... well...... I'm goin back to bed... Hainsey woulda been our last defender, and we have Bouillon now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by habs_24x (Post 5994773)
the Habs gave up on him too early...good luck to Ron, i hope he makes it big.

25 is old enough to give up on him.

I prefer Bouillon's
3 goals
19 assists
121 block shots
154 hits
in 67 games
to
Hainsey's
2 goals
15 assists
100 block shots
37 hits.
in 55 games.

Team_Spirit 07-11-2006 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsaku (Post 5994769)
Thats not at all why Hainsey was let go. He was let go because he never tried to work hard enough to earn his spot and never played well enough to do so. He wasnt even the best defensemen on the farm club, Beauchemin and Cote we're ahead of him on the depth chart. Instead of blindly blaming everyone in the organization, you should look more into it.

Cote never been near Hainsey in the depth charts and the 1st year Hainsey got a look and got sent down he knew what he had to work on. The 2nd year he was much better and played better than Quintal or Bouillon , it's just that as a rookie and offensive d-men he was prone to turning the puck over and the Habs wanted to play it safe. Same could be said about Bauchemin , but he never got a real chance in MTL . And im not blaming anyone i just said the team was looking for Vets to take them to the playoffs.

sXe 07-11-2006 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toro (Post 5994377)
thats not what i said lol

I know, I was :jk:



Quote:

Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan (Post 5994400)
NO :teach:

Around 600 000 the first year and 900 000 the second year

Makes more sense.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsaku (Post 5994671)
When he was picked out of waivers from Montreal journalists say it was the first time he put blame on himself and that he aknowledged that he didnt make the efforts necessary to be an NHLer..

Intereting, he blamed management when he was sent down after training camp though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by habs_24x (Post 5994773)
the Habs gave up on him too early...good luck to Ron, i hope he makes it big.

We didn't give up. He failed to make the team. When he went through waivers he was going to make the big club and get his chance. Unfortunately he got his chance elsewhere because he ran out of time in the Montreal and he couldn't clear waivers at 25 years old.

Quote:

Originally Posted by znk (Post 5994910)
25 is old enough to give up on him.

I prefer Bouillon's
3 goals
19 assists
121 block shots
154 hits
in 67 games
to
Hainsey's
2 goals
15 assists
100 block shots
37 hits.
in 55 games.


That's pretty good.

Did I miss anyone?;)

David 07-11-2006 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sXe (Post 5995364)
We didn't give up.

That's right. We didn't give up on Hainsey.

Someone (aka Gainey) was asleep at the wheel and let him get taken off the waivers unintentionally when he shouldn't have been going through the waivers at that time...and this came at the worst possible time when CH were riddled with injuries to their D.

Bob made a mistake and Doug capitized on it. Gainey needs to be a little sharper...I mean Doug MacLean did this to him...tsk, tsk...

Le Tricolore 07-11-2006 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 5995531)
That's right. We didn't give up on Hainsey.

Someone (aka Gainey) was asleep at the wheel and let him get taken off the waivers unintentionally when he shouldn't have been going through the waivers at that time...and this came at the worst possible time when CH were riddled with injuries to their D.

Bob made a mistake and Doug capitized on it. Gainey needs to be a little sharper...

He didn't make a mistake. He needed a defenseman...

znk 07-11-2006 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 5995531)
That's right. We didn't give up on Hainsey.

Someone (aka Gainey) was asleep at the wheel and let him get taken off the waivers unintentionally when he shouldn't have been going through the waivers at that time...and this came at the worst possible time when CH were riddled with injuries to their D.

Bob made a mistake and Doug capitized on it. Gainey needs to be a little sharper...I mean Doug MacLean did this to him...tsk, tsk...

Puzzelment and amazement.

Followed by

Laughter and more laughter.


Oh and please can you explain the part.."where he shouldnt have been groing through the waivers at that time"

David 07-11-2006 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjb45 (Post 5995544)
He didn't make a mistake. He needed a defenseman...

Yes, he needed a defenseman but ended up losing even him...of course it was a mistake...at the worst time...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.