HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Garon vs Jackets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=27035)

komisakick ass 11-10-2003 11:17 AM

Garon vs Jackets

www.rds.ca

Garon will start against the Bluejackets.
What the fu*k Théo had a shutout last game :dunno:

habsfan11 11-10-2003 11:23 AM

its better to rest him after a good game, that way he doesnt have to dwell over a bad game for a long periode of time. This way he gets some rest and retaines his confidence gor the next game.

Plus the blue jackets are an easier teaM, save theo for the harder games

komisakick ass 11-10-2003 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey_s_
its better to rest him after a good game, that way he doesnt have to dwell over a bad game for a long periode of time. This way he gets some rest and retaines his confidence gor the next game.

Plus the blue jackets are an easier teaM, save theo for the harder games

If CJ think like you Théo will start 50 games and Garon 30
common!

gunnerdom 11-10-2003 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by komisakick ass
common!

I have no problem with that!

habsfan11 11-10-2003 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by komisakick ass
common!

Theo needs a rest, he just played 2 games in a row, im just saying that it better that he takes a rest after a good game then playing tired. If theo where to take a rest after every good game, Garon would end up starting every second game, how rediculus would that be.

Fish on The Sand 11-10-2003 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ejaculine

Garon can't handle 30 games. if he starts 30 games, there will be 20 losses.

Fish on The Sand 11-10-2003 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey_s_
Theo needs a rest, he just played 2 games in a row, im just saying that it better that he takes a rest after a good game then playing tired. If theo where to take a rest after every good game, Garon would end up starting every second game, how rediculus would that be.

In those 2 games combined he faced 33 shots. That was about his average per game last year. I don't think those 2 games will fatigue him very much, if at all.

komisakick ass 11-10-2003 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand
In those 2 games combined he faced 33 shots. That was about his average per game last year. I don't think those 2 games will fatigue him very much, if at all.

Agree, Théo cant be tired because Garon have already start a couple of game.

EquabaleAce 11-10-2003 11:46 AM

i thought garon was suppose to be better than theo and there were all these rumors that theo was expendable last year. what happened to garon from then to now? i think he is still playing good hockey, when he lost to the oilers last weekit was only because the forewards didnt pick up the high man on the open side which resulted in 3 goals. if he gets 30 starts this year thatd be great, and the 2 would be that much stronger

komisakick ass 11-10-2003 11:46 AM

Quote:

Théo have to play at least 60 games because he is the best goalie we have, if we want to win we have to go with Théo. These guy have 4 shutout and season just begin.

EquabaleAce 11-10-2003 11:47 AM

p.s. komisakick ass
i like your avatar
that suits pretty boy very nicely

Habber 11-10-2003 11:48 AM

I would imagine the thinking behind this is to give Theo a good rest cause we're headed on an extended road trip right away.

After Columbus, we're in New York to face the Islanders, in Ottawa, and then in Vancouver. I would guess that CJ wants Theo to start these 3 games so maybe best to let Garon start at home against the weak Blue Jackets.

Although if it were up to me, Theo would starting tonight. I would give Garon a start once every two weeks or so instead of the once a week he's been getting.

komisakick ass 11-10-2003 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adammacisaac
p.s. komisakick ass
i like your avatar
that suits pretty boy very nicely

Thank you

gunnerdom 11-10-2003 11:50 AM

Quote:

How do you know he couldnt handle 30 games a year. To tell you the thruth, I dont think theirs that much difference between Garon and Théo. The difference is usually attributed to the how well the D is playing. There both solid goalies. But in reality, i'm less nervous when Garon is in the net than Théo. Garon is usually solid and consistent, you know what your going to get. With Théo, you never know. Friday's game he let in two softies. He is very inconsistant this season. I still think Garon could easily play 30 games and not lose 2/3 of them like you said. If the team plays with the system, he could do as well as Théo.

komisakick ass 11-10-2003 11:56 AM

Quote:

he could do as well as Théo.

I don't think he could do as well as Théo for now. Maybe in the future, but not now or maybe in an other team

Mats NAslund 11-10-2003 01:11 PM

Quote:

Garon can handle 30 games and he should play about that many it will be good for Theodore good Garon and better yet better for the team.

Mats NAslund 11-10-2003 01:13 PM

Quote:

How do you know he couldnt handle 30 games a year. To tell you the thruth, I dont think theirs that much difference between Garon and Théo. The difference is usually attributed to the how well the D is playing. There both solid goalies. But in reality, i'm less nervous when Garon is in the net than Théo. Garon is usually solid and consistent, you know what your going to get. With Théo, you never know. Friday's game he let in two softies. He is very inconsistant this season. I still think Garon could easily play 30 games and not lose 2/3 of them like you said. If the team plays with the system, he could do as well as Théo.

Well said .....I agree

Habber 11-10-2003 01:26 PM

There should be no comparison between Theo and Garon, Theo is the far superior goalie right now.

Garon hasn't been great this season either, and so far in his career has shown nothing more than an average tender.

Howie Morenz 11-10-2003 04:14 PM

RDS stated Theo's goal's against average after a shutout is around 4.00. I guess they are playing the averages. Also stated Theo would be more rested and play the Isles and Sens back to back.

montreal 11-10-2003 04:26 PM

Quote:

:dunno: Fishy where do you come up this stuff? I always get a good laugh at you. Thanks

Fish on The Sand 11-10-2003 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal
:dunno: Fishy where do you come up this stuff? I always get a good laugh at you. Thanks

I watch him play. Yes he had a few good starts last year, but this year he has been average and in year's past below average. He has a horrible career win/loss, and there is no indication he is any better now than 2 or 3 years ago.

montreal 11-10-2003 05:07 PM

Quote:

I watch him play. Yes he had a few good starts last year, but this year he has been average and in year's past below average. He has a horrible career win/loss, and there is no indication he is any better now than 2 or 3 years ago.

wow. just wow. What the hell where you watching. I don't know if you could be any more wrong. He had a few good starts last year? Try he had a few great ones. The games against the Caps last year he was unreal, although he did have 2 or 3 below average games towards the end.

Win/loss ratios means little very little. Try save % and shots faced and the team defense in front of a goalie over W's and L's. Look at Hackett as an example.

But the part where I think you are dead wrong is how he's improved over 2-3 years ago. Holy crap what are watching? Answer me this,

Does he seem to have more confidence then before? Yes

Does he have better use of his angles? Yes

Is he still droping down too early? No

I am no expert on goalies, I was always a forward so I understand forwards better, but I have seen a major improvement over Garon. I felt when he was in Quebec 3 years ago, that he would never make the NHL due to a lack of confidence, poor angles, droping down too early leaving him exposed up high. But he's improved his game, and IMO he looks much better in every area, and his play overall shows it. I am very impressed with Garon, and I think he will be a starter in the NHL someday if he continues to play like he has.

Fish on The Sand 11-10-2003 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal
I think he will be a starter in the NHL someday if he continues to play like he has.

I think he will too, but right now he isn't, and I don't think we can trust him with 30 games. I would give him 20 tops. When Theo had 31 games or whatever in 99/00 everybody knew he was ready for primetime then, the jury is out on garon, and I think 30 games is not only too much to ask of him, but unfair to ask of him.

SuperUnknown 11-10-2003 08:26 PM

Despite 4 shutouts, I don't think Theo has been spectacular either. I think those games were easy shut-outs, where Montreal hardly allowed any decent scoring chance to the opposition. Garon had one very good game against Detroit and other unremarkable games, but he didn't play bad either.

Anksun 11-11-2003 05:37 AM

Base on what I would like to see.

IF it is that much need to give one of the 4-5 next games to Garon, I would have gives him the start against OTTAWA or maybe Vancouver.

Columbus is NOT a sure victory but is a MUST WIN game ('cause we are supposed to). I would go with the best goalie.

Ottawa have beaten us 2 times badly already, I would give this game to Theo to regain energy to face Vancouver after that.

Anyways, CJ have done well since the start of the season, I'll give him this move but I hope they are not going to looses to Columbus 'cause this move could very well slap him in the face.

This game is the opportunity to regain 0.500 hockey just before a big trip which is sosmething huge at this point of the season imo.