HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Some Questions/ Trade Ideas from a Wings fan. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=270536)

19 for president 07-12-2006 07:48 PM

Some Questions/ Trade Ideas from a Wings fan.

The Wings are in need of a goalie and a physical dman. The Canadians are in need of a top 2 center. I'm not a huge Abby fan but him for 1 year is probably a better option than Hasek/Belfour.

So the basis of my trade would be Lang+ for Abby and I was thinking one of Komisarek or Souray.

So essentially I'm looking for more info on the type of dmen Souray and Komisarek are (I notice they are both huge and had 100+ pims last season) and if you think a trade like this would be possible. As I said please don't jump on me over either guys (in terms of value tradewise/ to Mtl) as I don't follow Mtl very closely. Thanks for your help.

Whitesnake 07-12-2006 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19 for president (Post 6005685)
The Wings are in need of a goalie and a physical dman. The Canadians are in need of a top 2 center. I'm not a huge Abby fan but him for 1 year is probably a better option than Hasek/Belfour.

So the basis of my trade would be Lang+ for Abby and I was thinking one of Komisarek or Souray.

So essentially I'm looking for more info on the type of dmen Souray and Komisarek are (I notice they are both huge and had 100+ pims last season) and if you think a trade like this would be possible. As I said please don't jump on me over either guys (in terms of value tradewise/ to Mtl) as I don't follow Mtl very closely. Thanks for your help.

Just to tell you that you didn't pick the greatest day to talk about something like that.....For once we've got some movement on our hand, I wouldn't expect a immediate response soon, we have finally something to talk about....;)

But what I can tell you right now is that if Souray goes, it will need to be close to California if you want any chance of signing him long term. If not, well you will loose him after this year, hence the not so great return for us.....Stay tuned, you'll have more responses soon.....I hope....

KingJarl 07-12-2006 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19 for president (Post 6005685)

Here's the deal...

Robert Lang, 36yrs old in December, makes $3.8 million.

Sheldon Souray, just turned 30yrs old, makes $2.432 million.

David Aebischer, 28yrs old, makes $1.9 million.

Mike Komisarek, 24yrs old, makes $946,000.

I personally wouldn't even give up just Souray for Lang. Although he has a tendency to get burned royally 3 or 4 times a year - really, that's only once every20 games or so. He brings a lot of physicality, a killer shot from the point, and seems to be an excllent teammate. For Souray, there's no one on the Wings that would make sense for either team. For Lidstrom? C'mon! That's just laughable - so I really don't think there's anyone we could trade him straight up for, if we wanted a d-man in return. If we wanted a forward, I'd love to see Holmstrom - he's getting on in years (33) for someone who plays that style of game, plus we have a lot of young guys who would really push him. So, giving up Souray would be tough, even for Holmstrom.
** Sidenote ** If Jiri Fischer were healthy, maybe we could talk.

Komisarek, well, I wouldn't give up for anything less than maybe Niklas Kronwall. And still, I think Mike's too young to trade. He's so big, so young, I think he'll still need maybe 3 years to realize his full potential - that being utterly dominant down low, and possibly as big a hitter as Stevens (no, he's not there yet, his timing is still off).

Aebischer is the wild card. He's proven he can guide a team to a division title and win a playoff series. He's a pretty good goalie who had a rough year last year. Bob Gainey would have to get a pretty good offer to let him go, cuz he's our ace in the hole if Huet is a flash in the pan. For David? Hmmm, maybe Lang straight up - being a salary dump for the Wings, and a solid centre for the Habs (even if it is for only a year or two). I honestly don't think he'll be that productive at 38. We'll see.

So, the Lang for Aebischer and Souray/Komisarek would be an absolute no-go for me... but what do I know? I'm just an armchair GM!

I hope there's enough info from a Habs fan's point of view for you!

Kingjarl

PS Got a counter-proposal?

Squeaky 07-12-2006 09:41 PM

I don't think the habs can afford to give up a D without getting one back. I also think with all the movement today, Gainey will be hesitant to make too many more changes to the roster.

I could see Aebischer+ for Lang, but I don't expect Souray or Komisarek will be traded.

Another thing to consider is that if the habs do trade for Lang, they'll have to unload Ribeiro somewhere, so you could maybe find another team that will give up a D for Ribs and something kicked in from Detroits end.

Watsatheo 07-12-2006 09:59 PM

Lang, Quincy, and a 3rd/4th line prospect
for
Aebi, Souray

but i would hesitate as it puts holes in our d.

Pascal 07-12-2006 10:03 PM

We can't afford to deal Souray imo. He's a very good dman when you look past his occasional brain farts (vs boston a few yrs ago anyone? I wanted to kill him). He's also our only good shot from the point.. and he is a great guy to boot.

Trading Komisarek? no way. he's the big tough dman we've wanted for a long time.

I would do Abby for Lang if we get a pick with Lang. He's 35 yrs old and Abby is a good #1 goalie.