HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   for those who loved petrov! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=270542)

habsforlife 07-12-2006 07:11 PM

for those who loved petrov!

i know petrov was a favorite by a lot and im the 1st on that list.

do you guys realise that we just got a better petrov here in samsonov!

he was the only player i couldnt hate as a bruins. always the best player on the ice for them in the last 2 playoffs matchup.

about the same size, tons of speed and SAME NUMBER as petrov!

i cried all i had when petrov left for nashville and now its like a better reincarnation of him.

entering his prime. man, im shaking and i dont have nobody to talk too.

im just overjoyed now!

Artyukhin* 07-12-2006 07:16 PM

pretty sure if you polled the main board who they would rather have

bulis or Sergei Samsonov

zednik or Sergei Samsonov

Sergei Samsonov would come out ahead both times and by a llarge margin

im a happy habs fan today just like you

Belso 07-12-2006 07:32 PM

I liked Petrov a lot! I'm glad to see Samsonov added to the roster :) We may see the "Shrimp line" back :)

DicAnns 07-12-2006 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habsforlife (Post 6006046)
SAME NUMBER as petrov!

Hopefully Bonk is traded or lets Sammy use #14... :help:

GSK* 08-05-2006 04:19 PM

The only big difference, Samso can do a lot better then Petrov did, but Petrov won a stanley cup :P. If heathtly and Kovalev too, Samsonov can put 35 goals and 40 assists + !

Munchausen 08-05-2006 04:38 PM

Yes I think the consensus has always been that Samsonov was a very similar version of Petrov with the same kind of moves and game only with a much better hockey sense.

I liked Petrov and am glad we got ourselves an other player as fun to watch as him only more effective.

Now I don't know about the goals, we should not get carried away, because no matter who Samsonov plays with, he's no scorer, he's a playmaker, but he'll entertain me even during boring games, just like Kovalev can, and he'll probably produce at a higher pace than any of Zednik or Bulis could have, so I'm happy.

goalchenyuk 08-05-2006 05:39 PM

Plekanec is sometime looking like Petrov .Just less spinorama on a quarter dollar

Stefan 08-05-2006 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gohabs73 (Post 6006508)
Hopefully Bonk is traded or lets Sammy use #14... :help:

Who cares? It's a number...

NewHabsEra* 08-06-2006 01:18 AM

Samsonov is definitively an improved version of Petrov... Both are little bombs on skate moving very similary.. Samsonov just has more confidence in himself and better hockey sense.

the_crippler12 08-06-2006 10:32 AM

Oleg Petrov is god

Habsy 08-06-2006 10:34 AM

Oh goody, yet another Samsonov thread (masked as a Petrov thread).

mattihp 08-06-2006 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munchausen (Post 6218974)
Yes I think the consensus has always been that Samsonov was a very similar version of Petrov with the same kind of moves and game only with a much better hockey sense.

Samsonovs hockey sense isn't better than Petrov's, his skills are. He's faster, has a better variety of better shots, dishes out better passes etc. But Petrov is ahead in the hockey sense compartment.

Munchausen 08-06-2006 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattihp (Post 6222375)
Samsonovs hockey sense isn't better than Petrov's, his skills are. He's faster, has a better variety of better shots, dishes out better passes etc. But Petrov is ahead in the hockey sense compartment.

I don't agree with that at all. If there was one thing Petrov was known for, it was not knowing where he was going on the ice. He would just dispee-doodle like a water bug until he'd paint himself into a corner and watch the play die.

Samsonov has much better anticipation and passing skills (which implies a better hockey sense) than Petrov IMO.

habsforlife 08-06-2006 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsy (Post 6222344)
Oh goody, yet another Samsonov thread (masked as a Petrov thread).

take a look at the date it was posted.

Go,Go, BlackN'Gold* 08-06-2006 03:03 PM

You guys might change your mind on Sammy once you see the first ten turnovers at the blue line. He has nothing on his shots either. Enjoy the skating aspect!

x-bob 08-06-2006 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go,Go, BlackN'Gold (Post 6223534)
You guys might change your mind on Sammy once you see the first ten turnovers at the blue line. He has nothing on his shots either. Enjoy the skating aspect!

We are used to turnovers at the bluline (remember Brisebois) ;)

Go,Go, BlackN'Gold* 08-06-2006 04:24 PM

Haha poor Patrice!

Souffle 08-06-2006 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x-bob (Post 6223612)
We are used to turnovers at the bluline (remember Brisebois) ;)

Hopefully this time they'll be at the other team's blueline.