HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Samsonov, I'm not sure..... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=270672)

Simknows 07-12-2006 10:56 PM

Samsonov, I'm not sure.....

My line up without Samsonov

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder
Perezhogin-Ribeiro-Kovalev
Latendresse-Plekanec-Johnson
Bégin-Bonk-Murray

With Samsonov

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder
Samsonov-Ribeiro-Kovalev
Perezhogin-Plekanec-Johnson
Bégin-Bonk-Murray

I'm pretty sure that Perez could scores 20 goals this year if he plays all season on that line and Samsonov scored 23 goals last year, so I don't think we improuve that much. With Latendresse on the 3rd line we have more grit ( we are way too soft:help: ).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Gainey basher but 3.5$ per year for Samsonov I think it's a bit useless. We have a lot of Samsonov in our depth chart ( Perez, Kost, Grab).

I just hope Samsonov will explode with Kovy. If he scores 30 goals I'll be more than happy.

Not sure about the move but let's go Sammy !!!!!

What do you think ??????????????????

deandebean 07-12-2006 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simknows (Post 6009135)

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder
Bégin-Bonk-Murray

With Samsonov

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder
Samsonov-Ribeiro-Kovalev
Bégin-Bonk-Murray

I'm pretty sure that Perez could scores 20 goals this year if he plays all season on that line and Samsonov scored 23 goals last year, so I don't think we improuve that much. With Latendresse on the 3rd line we have more grit ( we are way too soft:help: ).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Gainey basher but 3.5$ per year for Samsonov I think it's a bit useless. We have a lot of Samsonov in our depth chart ( Perez, Kost, Grab).

I just hope Samsonov will explode with Kovy. If he scores 30 goals I'll be more than happy.

Perezhogin is not a fav of mine. He showed me practically nothing, except some flashes here and there...and his shyness along the boards. He seemed a scary cat after a big hit.

Form and Substance 07-12-2006 11:03 PM

I'm pretty happy with the Samsonov signing, the small length of the contract means that Gainey is committed to building from within with homegrown chips. But it also means that it'll take a kid's roster spot for the next two seasons. I can not see Latendresse or Kostitsyn making the cut this year. I have a feeling Gainey wants to move one of the kids (and it won't be Higgins). Either one of Plekanec or Perezhogin might see themselves off soon which is a shame butperhaps necessary. I hope they keep Perez, but he might be the odd man out, since Pleks can fill in as an adequate 2nd line center.

JMMR 07-12-2006 11:04 PM

Z hog is a dangerous hitter though ask Primeau

Slick Nick 07-12-2006 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deandebean (Post 6009177)
Perezhogin is not a fav of mine. He showed me practically nothing, except some flashes here and there...and his shyness along the boards. He seemed a scary cat after a big hit.

What??? Perezhogin is one of our most solid players to get any sort of puck out of corner or along the boards... watch the game more closely dude. :blush:

Clumsyhab 07-12-2006 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMMR (Post 6009210)

Primeau was almost done anyways. Perez just put a final nail into his coffin.

Habsy 07-12-2006 11:07 PM

THe difference is Perezhogin hasn't scored 20 and Samsonov has. Never work in "what ifs".

BobbyFischer* 07-12-2006 11:08 PM

Couldnt you have posted this in one of the already opened Samsonov threads? jesus chrisssst..

Rise from the Ashes 07-12-2006 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clumsyhab (Post 6009224)
Primeau was almost done anyways. Perez just put a final nail into his coffin.

ouch

ChemiseBleuHonnete 07-12-2006 11:08 PM

Samsonov is a highly skilled player... And we got him at a decent price. If he stays healthy, he willl provide us the much needed offensive punch we were lacking last year. Sometimes, adding only one skilled player frees up space on the ice for everyone and it makes the difference between a good offensive team and a mediocre one.

Cyrrus147 07-12-2006 11:10 PM

Quote:

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder
Bégin-Bonk-Murray

With Samsonov

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder
Samsonov-Ribeiro-Kovalev
Bégin-Bonk-Murray

ehh Samsonov won the Calder trophy in 1998 and he have a average of 0,73 pts per game...for 3,5M$ it seem to be a great deal for us

CareyClutch 07-12-2006 11:24 PM

samsonov is a huge update over perezhogin...

Toro 07-12-2006 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyFischer (Post 6009242)
Couldnt you have posted this in one of the already opened Samsonov threads? jesus chrisssst..

I have to agree with U

Simknows 07-12-2006 11:59 PM

Why people read my thread if there're tired of Samsonov's threads ???

hard to understand...have a nice day !!!

Netro 07-13-2006 08:05 AM

Quote:

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder
Bégin-Bonk-Murray

With Samsonov

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder
Samsonov-Ribeiro-Kovalev
Bégin-Bonk-Murray

Would you really be comfortable with the Habs this year with Latendresse on the third line? What makes you think he is ready for the NHL when he couldn't get off the pine in the junior tourney last year?

SOLR 07-13-2006 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netro (Post 6011141)
Would you really be comfortable with the Habs this year with Latendresse on the third line? What makes you think he is ready for the NHL when he couldn't get off the pine in the junior tourney last year?

Will we stop with that, Guillaume got 83 pts in 51 games. Hardly a "bad season". He didnt dominate with an over 2 pts per game but its still an ok season.

Hes a power foward, they dont belong in the juniors, hes the kind of player you would want to play in the AHL but cant because hes underage. It depends of his camp performance. They will make a place for him if they feel hes ready.

Le depisteur 07-13-2006 08:11 AM

Perezhogin will can play on the 3rd line, and don't forget a season is long, many injuries can happen... Samsonov is a big acquisition for our offense and specially our team deep...

Habs 4 Life 07-13-2006 08:22 AM

What freaks me out is that Samsonov signed with the Habs after so many years of playing for the Bruins.I guess he really wants to hurt is old team.Welcome a board Sergei:yo:

Netro 07-13-2006 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOLR (Post 6011166)
Will we stop with that, Guillaume got 83 pts in 51 games. Hardly a "bad season". He didnt dominate with an over 2 pts per game but its still an ok season.

Hes a power foward, they dont belong in the juniors, hes the kind of player you would want to play in the AHL but cant because hes underage. It depends of his camp performance. They will make a place for him if they feel hes ready.

Again - what makes you believe he is ready for the NHL this year, one year removed from the draft, to just give him a spot? If he earns it, great but the likelihood of that is slim. Sure, he had an "ok" season in the Q but ok doesn't cut it to be in the NHL the next year. And why doesn't a power forward belong in juinior?

SOLR 07-13-2006 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netro (Post 6011268)
Again - what makes you believe he is ready for the NHL this year, one year removed from the draft, to just give him a spot? If he earns it, great but the likelihood of that is slim. Sure, he had an "ok" season in the Q but ok doesn't cut it to be in the NHL the next year. And why doesn't a power forward belong in juinior?

I never said he was NHL ready. I said, this kind of player doesnt belong in the Q, they need to play a physical game. Hes the kind of underage players that would be better at 18 in the AHL but thats not possible. But I think he could play on the 4th line without problem in montreal and maybe used on the powerplay in front of the net.

Netro 07-13-2006 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOLR (Post 6011308)
I never said he was NHL ready. I said, this kind of player doesnt belong in the Q, they need to play a physical game. Hes the kind of underage players that would be better at 18 in the AHL but thats not possible. But I think he could play on the 4th line without problem in montreal and maybe used on the powerplay in front of the net.

I know you said that if he earns it in camp they will make a place for him. I agree. I just don't think, as I said, that he will earn because he is not ready for the NHL.

But, let me ask you, if you feel he could play on 4th line this year, would that:
(a) Be beneficial for his development? I'd say no, I'd rather see him play 20+ min in the Q then 5 min in the NHL
(b) Who's place would he take on the PP? Would he replace Koivu, Kovalev, Higgins, Samsonov, Ribs, Ryder, or even Johnson or Perezhogin? I don't think so
(c) Make the Habs a better team?

Blades 0f Steel 07-13-2006 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMMR (Post 6009210)

Primeau skated head-first into his shoulder.

Even Komisarek would get a concussion if he accidentally collided with his own man.

Orange 07-13-2006 09:03 AM

Samsonov had a lot of chemistry playing with Nylander. I have a feeling we could see the same kind of Samsonov with Koivu. I think it would make the most sense for the habs to play Samsonov with Koivu and Kovalev. Any player on that line would be able to make the opposition's defense move and create extra space for the other two.

On the other hand, I think Sammy on Ribs line is a disaster waiting to happen. Ribs' style is slow and paced. I'd be surprised if it suited Samsonov's rapid acceleration and "burst" type plays. But you never know, sometimes opposites complement each other well. I'm just really not expecting these opposites to match.

SOLR 07-13-2006 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netro (Post 6011393)
I know you said that if he earns it in camp they will make a place for him. I agree. I just don't think, as I said, that he will earn because he is not ready for the NHL.

But, let me ask you, if you feel he could play on 4th line this year, would that:
(a) Be beneficial for his development? I'd say no, I'd rather see him play 20+ min in the Q then 5 min in the NHL
(b) Who's place would he take on the PP? Would he replace Koivu, Kovalev, Higgins, Samsonov, Ribs, Ryder, or even Johnson or Perezhogin? I don't think so
(c) Make the Habs a better team?

a) Yes it would, a lot, give a mission to Begin as a tutor...(What better coach he could possibly have?) Latendresse doesnt need to beat more undersized, understrenght teenagers. He needs to get used to the NHL speed and start hitting and getting more confidence in the NHL. For him the challenge is not to get confidence overall(like softer players) its to get confidence in the NHL.
b) Theres 10 spots on the pp not 5 as far as I know, I dont mean to use it on the first wave either. I see him playing in front of the net with Ryder-Kovalev-Koivu and Markov. It would be lethal to have that extra "Ryan Smith" parked in front of the net.

c) Yes, yes and yes. Hes the kind of guy that can change the game in 1 hit. Even on the 4th line he could get some clintch goals.

Cors 07-13-2006 09:43 AM

Can Perezzz on center position play or is too stupid it for it?? So often it playing did not see :dunno:

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder
Samsonov-Perezhogin-Kovalev
Grabovsky-Plekanec-Johnson
Bégin-Bonk-Murray