HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Minnesota Wild (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Gameday thread: Canucks @ Wild, Nov. 11 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=27069)

theo6060 11-10-2003 12:07 PM

Gameday thread: Canucks @ Wild, Nov. 11

Minnesota record 6-7-2
Vancouver record 10-3-2

I'd assume Roli is getting the start. I'll say 3-3.

Goals by Gaborik (2) and Chouinard.

DW 11-10-2003 12:20 PM

For some reason, Gaborik has always played well against the Canucks. Which is the good thing by the way.

I'm not sure what the score will be, maybe 4-2 Canucks. Lots of the nasty stuff too.

Fan.At 11-11-2003 08:25 AM

Is Brandner ok for tonights game?

vitogor 11-11-2003 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fan.At
Is Brandner ok for tonights game?

Brandner is fine, he didn't even miss a shift after the Ruutu hit, if that's what your concern is. I'm worried about him long-term though if he keeps playing with his head down and keeps taking those huge hits. Sooner or later one of them will get him.

Fan.At 11-11-2003 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #16
Brandner is fine, he didn't even miss a shift after the Ruutu hit, if that's what your concern is. I'm worried about him long-term though if he keeps playing with his head down and keeps taking those huge hits. Sooner or later one of them will get him.

Why did he just play 7 min if he didn't miss a shift?

vitogor 11-11-2003 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fan.At
Why did he just play 7 min if he didn't miss a shift?

I just looked at the shift chart on NHL.com, he only had 5 shifts in the first, 4 in the second. Maybe he did miss a shift or two, it just seemed like he was back on the ice very soon after that hit. He seemed to be fine, but he is not in the line-up today... Could be the aftermath of that, or maybe just a healthy scratch :dunno:

Reign Nateo 11-11-2003 04:46 PM

Well he's out of the game with a broken nose now.

aylib 11-11-2003 04:47 PM

Hard to tell, according to Lemaire Brandner is resting. Has dropped 6 pounds since the start of the season and needs some rest.

kmad 11-11-2003 07:28 PM

http://members.shaw.ca/kmad/wildsleep.jpg

aylib 11-11-2003 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmad

Someday I ll grow up and be a real hockey player that goes deep in the playoffs.

ceber 11-11-2003 08:48 PM

Well, a win's a win. Nice second effort by Zholtok on the goal. Other than that, I thought we played a fairly ugly game tonight.. guys just weren't in sync with each other very much. Going to have to change that quick, IMO. Passing was pretty ugly most of the game. Skating seemed slow. Defense was good, though. I mean, the Canucks are a pretty good team, I hear.. takes a fairly good defense to keep them off the board, I suppose.

Taped the game tonight, glad I did. Earl vs. Bert was fun. It's too bad the TV guys didn't show more of it, because it went on for a pretty long time. From inside the building it didn't look like it was as friendly as the TV made it out to be. Funny stuff, though. I really like Bertuzzi.. I mean, I don't like him, but I like him, ya know? It's nice to have a character like that.

kmad 11-11-2003 09:15 PM

Bertuzzi/Mitchell fight...

They drop the gloves, Bertuzzi slams Mitchell onto the ice, no real punches got thrown, they clutched eachother for about a minute before it was broken up

ceber 11-11-2003 09:28 PM

Heh, "slams" is one way to put it. Didn't look like that in person. You're right about the hugfest though.

MN_Gopher 11-12-2003 09:17 AM

Brandner was healthy scrathch for the first time this year. Coaches say he has lost about 6 pds since the season began. He just needs breather to see the game and then adjust. His hustle and skills are not being questioned at this time.