HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Vancouver trading partner? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=270896)

Jo 07-13-2006 03:09 PM

Vancouver trading partner?

Here is Vancouver salary commitment so far

Roberto Luongo Signed 4-year, $27 million deal $6 million
Markus Naslund $6 million
Daniel Sedin Re-signed a three-year deal $3.575 million
Henrik Sedin Re-signed a three-year deal $3.575 million
Mattias Ohlund $3.5 million
Willie Mitchell Signed 4-year, $14 million deal $3.5 million
Brendan Morrison $3.2 million
Matt Cooke $1.5 million
Sami Salo $1.5 million
Marc Chouinard Signed a two-year, $2.2 million deal $1.1 million

TOTAL OF 33.45 Millions for 10 players only, so they still have to sign around 12 playertd including: Brookbank, Sean Brown, Kesler, Krajicek, Noronen, Park, Linder and others.

So it's less than 1M per player, do you guys think thta the nuck could be a good trading partner?

For my part I would go after Mattias Ohlund!!

fufonzo 07-13-2006 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoBell (Post 6015371)

Matt Cooke $1.5 million
Sami Salo $1.5 million

TOTAL OF 33.45 Millions for 10 players only, so they still have to sign around 12 playertd including: Brookbank, Sean Brown, Kesler, Krajicek, Noronen, Park, Linder and others.

So it's less than 1M per player, do you guys think thta the nuck could be a good trading partner?

I was thinking the same when I went through the list haha.

Finkle is Einhorn 07-13-2006 03:29 PM

Quote:

Matt Cooke $1.5 million
Sami Salo $1.5 million

Those guys won't be re-signed (Brown could be an option as a #7).

There is almost no package you guys could put together to fetch Ohlund. He is a top 10 d-man who is locked up at a ridiculously low price. But by all means, fire away on some proposals:)

TheHoser 07-13-2006 03:30 PM

Sami Salo isn't bad and is very cheap, maybe Souray for Salo and a draft pick?

Traitor8 07-13-2006 03:35 PM

well since they appear to be in cap trouble, why would they trade a CHEAP reliable defenseman?

Souray for Ohlund would be good for both parties ...picks to even out but Souray makes like around 2 so they would save around 1.3-1.5 M $ if i'm not mistaking.

Finkle is Einhorn 07-13-2006 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHoser (Post 6015636)

I don't want to impose on your boards too much, but no thanks from a Canucks standpoint. If I was Nonis, I wouldn't do Salo for Souray straight up.

Habs 4 Life 07-13-2006 03:38 PM

I would go after Salo.Nonnis will never trade Ohlund im pretty sure it's his #1 guy now.Salo at 1.5 is freakin great

Duster 07-13-2006 03:39 PM

No way Vancouver accepts Souray for Ohlund. With Jovo gone, Ohlund is their No 1 defenseman. Would you trade Markov for Souray? Didn't think so...

wholeshow* 07-13-2006 03:42 PM

as you can see, the core of the canucks is intact..
they can fill the rest of their roster with youngsters and ahlers (for the 4th line and bottom pairing on defense), they're not in a desperate mode like the devils.
just a guess:
kesler (800k)-morrisson-naslund
sedin-sedin-king (700k)
cooke-chouinard- UFA
burrows (700k)-Linden (1.1million)-bouck (600k)

ohlund-mitchell
salo-bourdon(750k)
bieksa (800k)-Krajicek (900k)

luongo-noronen (1.2 million)

so that's about 7.5 million in additional salary, giving them around 41 million in total salary. that gives them 3 million to spend on that UFA. just a guess, im not sure if bourdon is NHL ready (but from i have seen from him...he looks like he's on his way). the canucks should try going after anson carter again, or maybe take a chance on eric lindros to play on the wing with the sedins.

JohnnyReb 07-13-2006 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHoser (Post 6015636)

Ummm... the point of this thread was that the Canucks may have cap problems, and you want them to trade a cheap defenseman for a guy who is MORE expensive?

Not sure that makes sense...

Whitesnake 07-13-2006 04:32 PM

I would dream to go for Ryan Kesler but there's no reason that any GM would let go a guy like him....

mayday199 07-13-2006 04:40 PM

Canucklehead rookie Dmen?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunjeebakala (Post 6015795)
they can fill the rest of their roster with youngsters and ahlers (for the 4th line and bottom pairing on defense), they're not in a desperate mode like the devils.
just a guess:
sedin-sedin-king (700k)
cooke-chouinard- UFA

ohlund-mitchell
salo-bourdon(750k)

so that's about 7.5 million in additional salary, giving them around 41 million in total salary. that gives them 3 million to spend on that UFA. just a guess, im not sure if bourdon is NHL ready (but from i have seen from him...he looks like he's on his way). the canucks should try going after anson carter again, or maybe take a chance on eric lindros to play on the wing with the sedins.

I don't know about you but no matter how highly rated the rookie Dmen are there is no way I would want to start with 3 rookie unproven defensemen in my top 6. I know only the 4th Dman would get alot of time but if mitchell, ohlund or salo go down injured they would be in trouble.

I'm curious if a Souray-ribero-Streit plus a 2nd rounder might work for Salo-Morrison? Then Vancouver could put the sedin twins on with naslund, toss riberio on with Kesler and I think streit would be a decent 4th defensemen for them who is a little older and I think ready for more responsibility

(or even tradiing Souray-Ribero-Perezhogin for salo & morission and something like a 2nd rounder)

That would save vancouver about 1.5million and fill another hole cheaply and we get our 2nd second line big center.

Team_Spirit 07-13-2006 04:46 PM

The only guy i see the Nucks shopping is Brendan Morrison.

wholeshow* 07-13-2006 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by may999 (Post 6016410)
I don't know about you but no matter how highly rated the rookie Dmen are there is no way I would want to start with 3 rookie unproven defensemen in my top 6. I know only the 4th Dman would get alot of time but if mitchell, ohlund or salo go down injured they would be in trouble.

well that was nonis' fault when he just had to add bryan allen to the deal. could have given up a first rounder instead, but i digress.
bieksa played around 40 games last year and played pretty good as well getting over 16 minutes a game. he's young and kind of green, but he can be molded into a solid d-man. krajicek is young, but he's not a raw rookie...as he has 90 games under his belt. bourdon would be the only raw rookie in this lineup. but i agree, it's a young defensive core. but that's what happens when you give a monster contract to your starting goaltender in the cap world. you expect the goaltender to be good enough to make up for the braincamps by the young d-men.

Quote:

Originally Posted by may999 (Post 6016410)
I'm curious if a Souray-ribero-Streit plus a 2nd rounder might work for Salo-Morrison? Then Vancouver could put the sedin twins on with naslund, toss riberio on with Kesler and I think streit would be a decent 4th defensemen for them who is a little older and I think ready for more responsibility

(or even tradiing Souray-Ribero-Perezhogin for salo & morission and something like a 2nd rounder)

That would save vancouver about 1.5million and fill another hole cheaply and we get our 2nd second line big center.

i don't see much of an upgrade of morrisson over ribs to warrant a 1.5 million dollar increase in salary (plus brendan has 2 years left on his 3.5 million a year contract). salo would be an improvement over souray, but the canucks end up with a good veteran like streit to add defensive depth (so its good for them).
good proposal. the sedins with naslund has some definite untapped potential!

Mikhail Grabovsky* 07-13-2006 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by battle axe (Post 6015705)
I don't want to impose on your boards too much, but no thanks from a Canucks standpoint. If I was Nonis, I wouldn't do Salo for Souray straight up.

And as a Canucks fan , I would be willing to bet my house that you know chit about Souray, so you can go back to Canucks home base now..:yo:

GreatWhiteLark 07-13-2006 05:42 PM

Quote:

just a guess:
sedin-sedin-king (700k)
cooke-chouinard- UFA

ohlund-mitchell
salo-bourdon(750k)

How long would it take for Luongo to miss playing behind Florida's D? Bourdon's still a year or two away from being ready.

Vancouver has a need for D men, yes. We have an extra D who wants to be traded to the West Coast, yes. There's just not enough cap room for Vancouver to make the move, and Montreal to get anything of value in return.

I really think we're focusing on the wrong part of the country with Souray. He want's to be closer to his daughter in California. Anything West of Montreal would be closer, I'm thinking Chicago would overpay as they did with Havlat. They are under the gun to improve in hurry. St.Louis also needs D men big time, and a goalie but they don't really have much they would part with for return.

The Pred's lost two very physical D men from their club (Witt and Markov) and have a cart load of young prospects to dangle.

Would Hamhuis for Souray be an overpay on either side?:dunno:

Will be interesting to see where he lands.

Roxor 07-13-2006 07:06 PM

Quote:

just a guess:
sedin-sedin-king (700k)
cooke-chouinard- UFA

ohlund-mitchell
salo-bourdon(750k)

geez, i actually feel good about our defense, looking at this one

jpchabby 07-13-2006 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shtalenkov (Post 6017847)
geez, i actually feel good about our defense, looking at this one

in fact we have quite a good defense... pretty much depth in ours...

But I doubt we would get Ohlund... almost impossible to get a team's number 1 defenseman so easily

Roxor 07-13-2006 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpchabby (Post 6017899)
in fact we have quite a good defense... pretty much depth in ours...

But I doubt we would get Ohlund... almost impossible to get a team's number 1 defenseman so easily

agreed

ohlund is worth a lot, plus nonis wont trade him for chips

the guy maybe the only hope for playoffs, along with luongo

jpchabby 07-13-2006 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shtalenkov (Post 6017973)
agreed

ohlund is worth a lot, plus nonis wont trade him for chips

the guy maybe the only hope for playoffs, along with luongo

Loll, Naslund can always help, that's for sure loll

digitalmonkey* 07-13-2006 07:23 PM

I think Vancouver (lack of depth) is one of the least likely trading partners.

Roxor 07-13-2006 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpchabby (Post 6017984)
Loll, Naslund can always help, that's for sure loll

right but he's all alone with the Sedins imho

jpchabby 07-13-2006 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shtalenkov (Post 6018040)
right but he's all alone with the Sedins imho

agree, now that he lost Bert...

Hackett 07-13-2006 08:16 PM

Quote:

Matt Cooke $1.5 million
Sami Salo $1.5 million

I thought zednik made the most sense for vancouver. But now that zednik is gone, I dont see a whole lot of potential of these two teams hooking up

I would have gone for a guy like matt cooke

Finkle is Einhorn 07-13-2006 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Maley (Post 6016856)
And as a Canucks fan , I would be willing to bet my house that you know chit about Souray, so you can go back to Canucks home base now..:yo:

Well, seeing as how I watch only slightly less Canadiens games than Canucks games per year, you can just courier over the deed to your house. No need to be a jackass.