HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Islanders (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Timing of the Wiemer Thing Utterly Ridiculous! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=27095)

islandermaniac 11-10-2003 01:53 PM

Timing of the Wiemer Thing Utterly Ridiculous!
 
with blake, scatchard, and asham out of the lineup, and with wienhandl needing mutliple games in the minors to get his timing down and his conditioning up wouldn't it have served the isles better to have kept wiemer for another week or two? have the meeting with him then, not in the midst of injuries piling up. this makes absolutely no sense at all at this particular moment in time. i think mm really screwed this one up.

Smash255 11-10-2003 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by islandermaniac
with blake, scatchard, and asham out of the lineup, and with wienhandl needing mutliple games in the minors to get his timing down and his conditioning up wouldn't it have served the isles better to have kept wiemer for another week or two? have the meeting with him then, not in the midst of injuries piling up. this makes absolutely no sense at all at this particular moment in time. i think mm really screwed this one up.

Asham should be playing tomorrow night.

Tiki 11-10-2003 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smash255
Asham should be playing tomorrow night.

Reporst of Blake skating with the team have surfaced as well. Weimer was getting notice that he will be gone when a guy or two becomes healthy. That looks to be very soon.

Smash255 11-10-2003 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiki
Reporst of Blake skating with the team have surfaced as well. Weimer was getting notice that he will be gone when a guy or two becomes healthy. That looks to be very soon.

On top of that with Weinhandl playing in Bridgeport, probably about a week away. Wiemer is pretty much the odd man out.

islandermaniac 11-11-2003 04:45 AM

point being: so let's do it when everyone is actually healthy, not just approaching healthy status.

Islanders4Cups 11-11-2003 05:34 AM

Not positive if this applies or not, but it appears from todays Newsday this news leaked out before management was ready. Not sure who did the leaking.

islandermaniac 11-11-2003 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Islanders4Cups
Not positive if this applies or not, but it appears from todays Newsday this news leaked out before management was ready. Not sure who did the leaking.

the one way to prevent "leaking" from happening is to not start the process until the time is right. let's face it...mm screwed this up...big time!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:44 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.