HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Isles/Flames Proposal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=27109)

Kvashinator12 11-10-2003 01:39 PM

Isles/Flames Proposal
 
TO calgary Wiemer and Cairns
to NYI-Gauthier


Isles pay part of WIemer's salary

Darth Milbury 11-10-2003 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kvashinator12
TO calgary Wiemer and Cairns
to NYI-Gauthier


Isles pay part of WIemer's salary

Here is why that won't happen: If the Isles pay part of Wiemer's salary, and then pick up Gauthier, there won't be much savings to the payroll.

Also, the Isles don't want to leave Timander down in the AHL any longer. So, with this deal, they'd once again have eight NHL defensemen on one-way contracts.

Final point: I think Flames fans are overestimating Gauthier's value when they talk about getting Parrish and others for him. But, I do believe Gauthier is worth more than this.

Kvashinator12 11-10-2003 01:52 PM

As always
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
Here is why that won't happen: If the Isles pay part of Wiemer's salary, and then pick up Gauthier, there won't be much savings to the payroll.

Also, the Isles don't want to leave Timander down in the AHL any longer. So, with this deal, they'd once again have eight NHL defensemen on one-way contracts.

Final point: I think Flames fans are overestimating Gauthier's value when they talk about getting Parrish and others for him. But, I do believe Gauthier is worth more than this.


great analysis....In the end i do think Timmander is an upgrade over Cairns

Darth Milbury 11-10-2003 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kvashinator12
great analysis....In the end i do think Timmander is an upgrade over Cairns


Yeah, but it is too bad that a deal like you proposed is unlikely. That would really help the Isles.

Ozy_Flame 11-10-2003 02:21 PM

Don't like it as a Flames fan. Cairns simply serves to muddle things up on the blueline, and puts Commodore and Wallin at an obvious disadvantage. He provides nothing the Flames need at this point.

Why do we want Weimer? Is it because his name is being mentioned in trades? The last thing we need is grit. We have plenty of that.

I'd be more interested in Jason Blake.

Kvashinator12 11-10-2003 02:23 PM

How bout
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame
Don't like it as a Flames fan. Cairns simply serves to muddle things up on the blueline, and puts Commodore and Wallin at an obvious disadvantage. He provides nothing the Flames need at this point.

Why do we want Weimer? Is it because his name is being mentioned in trades? The last thing we need is grit. We have plenty of that.

I'd be more interested in Jason Blake.


Blake and a 3rd for Gauthier

IslesJack 11-10-2003 02:25 PM

No!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kvashinator12
Blake and a 3rd for Gauthier

That makes no sense whatsoever for the Islanders.

disles1 11-10-2003 02:26 PM

How about Bates and a 3rd for Gauthier?? Fair?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:21 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.