HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   WHO WILL BE THE 14th FORWARD (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=271146)

Top Corner2 07-14-2006 08:22 AM

WHO WILL BE THE 14th FORWARD
 
Assuming Downey, Perezoighin, Pleks, Murray and Higgs are in. Which kid will win a spot for himself?

Beakermania* 07-14-2006 08:26 AM

IMO its Kostitsyn's spot to lose.

other contenders are Chipchura, Grabovski, Latendresse, Lapierre, Ferland,

Real Longshots include Locke, Milroy,

Kafka 07-14-2006 08:36 AM

For starting the season:
either Lapierre, Ferland or Kostytsyn

It's probably Kostitsyn to lose.

ti-vite 07-14-2006 08:50 AM

If position is important, I would expect it to be a winger: Kosttity

DerekT 07-14-2006 08:52 AM

Believe the Hype :yo:

Latendresse.

SOLR 07-14-2006 09:27 AM

At this point I think its ferland, because of the waiver issue. Kost needs to play, but if he doesnt in the NHL, he will be in the AHL. Then called up everytime theres an injury, more yoyo. I'll go on record again to say I hate the habs promotion system with high potential players, its always on the risky side trying to "brake" the young one to stimulate him. Always taking the risk he will bolt at some point because of his treatment and then score 40 goals after we trade him. Gambling on the future for a bit of present. I prefer a small gamble on present for a lot of future.

I'm optimist about the habs this year, I'm just in general unhappy Kost doesnt have a real spot where we can accept some mistakes in the first year for him to become the player we want. Well never be a dominant team until we learn to open the door when young guys are knocking on it and then give them enough confidence so they can dominate. (The 2nd part is the struggle of this organization.)

This year they need to beat Bonk, Perezhogin, Ribeiro, Johnson to enter the lineup. With Perezhogin it would affect his own development, with the others the problem is beating them enough so you challenge the "benefit of the doubt" the veteran always get when the seasons start. Why not say to Kostitsyn the same thing that was said to Higgins, Perez and Pleckanec last year: "Ok you got a spot for a full year, just be ready to play every night because you will". Instead off:"Look we are very good now, win your spot or else." Gun pointed at head does not always work. When you have sundstrom to beat, its not too hard, but when you have avg veterans to beat its another thing.

Beakermania* 07-14-2006 09:31 AM

I don't mind putting Ferland on waivers. I don't think he is NHL ready and he is a similar prospect to many of the guys already on the team but still young and others in the system. He is the worst player out of Begin, Murray, Lapierre, Ferland.

I honestly don't see anyone grabbing him up. Beauchemin and Hainsey were lost this way yes, but dmen are hard to come by and more likely to be claimed

SOLR 07-14-2006 09:44 AM

I think the point with Kost: You cant keep him out of the ice, he needs to play, 50 games aint enough. With Ferland theres no worries, hes expandable, use him as required until someone in the top 6 is injured and Kost can be recalled.

Bryzga lol* 07-14-2006 09:47 AM

I voted for Ferland, but that's assuming the habs will get rid of Bonk or Ribeiro or someone, and give that spot to Kostytsyn.

Beakermania* 07-14-2006 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOLR (Post 6022049)
I think the point with Kost: You cant keep him out of the ice, he needs to play, 50 games aint enough. With Ferland theres no worries, hes expandable, use him as required until someone in the top 6 is injured and Kost can be recalled.

I disagree 50-60 games at the NHL is better than 80 in the AHL. and he will get 50-60 with injuries and by putting him in the lineup when guys like Murray, Perez, Johnson, Ribs, are not playing well and need a night in the pressbox.

Kosty has done all he can in the AHL, its time to take the next step.

Rock On 07-14-2006 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beakermania (Post 6022173)
I disagree 50-60 games at the NHL is better than 80 in the AHL. and he will get 50-60 with injuries and by putting him in the lineup when guys like Murray, Perez, Johnson, Ribs, are not playing well and need a night in the pressbox.

Kosty has done all he can in the AHL, its time to take the next step.

I Totally agree

Goldthorpe 07-14-2006 10:03 AM

IMHO, its Kostytsyn to lose.

While Perezhogin has already one NHL year under his belt, I expect him and Kostytsyn to ultimately compete for the same roster spot down the road, as they fulfill a similar role as skilled offensive forwards. So both may be shuffled on the third line with Plekanec and Johnson.

A guy like Lapierre will only be brought if a guy like Begin or Murray gets hurt.

Beakermania* 07-14-2006 10:06 AM

That said a guy like Latendresse couldn't be the 14th forward, he has to be on the top 3 lines to make the team. He can still benefit playing many minutes in the minors.

A guy like Kosty has spent two full years in Hamilton, along with all his years in Russia before that. Its time.

Rock On 07-14-2006 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riel (Post 6022074)
I voted for Ferland, but that's assuming the habs will get rid of Bonk or Ribeiro or someone, and give that spot to Kostytsyn.

Bonk will probably stay one more season to give spot next year to another younger player. Ribeiro will probably start next season because his value is really low right now and trading him would not give nothing better to the team. I've heard he's trying to improve his shape this summer maybe it can help his play for next season. Anyway we'll see

SOLR 07-14-2006 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beakermania (Post 6022254)
That said a guy like Latendresse couldn't be the 14th forward, he has to be on the top 3 lines to make the team. He can still benefit playing many minutes in the minors.

A guy like Kosty has spent two full years in Hamilton, along with all his years in Russia before that. Its time.

I dont disagree its time(If you read some of my other post you know Im spooked about the current situation), I just disagree knowing what the habs always do. More yoyo. :( Of course Kost might force a trade at camp, he sure can!

Talent Analyst 07-14-2006 01:18 PM

Kostitsyn

jpchabby 07-14-2006 01:20 PM

I think Kostitsyn is pretty much gonna be ready to play in the big league...

The Prospector 07-14-2006 02:30 PM

Honestly, from what I Saw this year, Latendresse's defensive play is not ready for the NHL.

At the end of the season, he started to rebuild a confidence on his offensive instincts, because every body knows he had an horrible year with the Voltigeurs.

One more year would help him a lot, because from what I saw here in Chicoutimi, he was always behind the play when his team was defending.

jpchabby 07-14-2006 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Prospector (Post 6024851)
Honestly, from what I Saw this year, Latendresse's defensive play is not ready for the NHL.

At the end of the season, he started to rebuild a confidence on his offensive instincts, because every body knows he had an horrible year with the Voltigeurs.

One more year would help him a lot, because from what I saw here in Chicoutimi, he was always behind the play when his team was defending.

How come so many people say he's got a bad, and even horrible season in LHJMQ??? He's got 83 points in 51 games, and everyone says he's got a bad season... 43 goals in 51 games sucks or what??

The Prospector 07-14-2006 02:36 PM

Guillaume was on the scoresheet yes, but an hockey game is not only goals and point, it's how you do them and the way you work to get them.

DerekT 07-14-2006 02:37 PM

It's cuz he's not a 250 point scorer like Lemieux or Radulov or Crosby or whoever.

Honestly, the people who score over 100 goals in the Q, doesnt that just mean they have a bigger tendency to shoot?

jpchabby 07-14-2006 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Prospector (Post 6024915)
Guillaume was on the scoresheet yes, but an hockey game is not only goals and point, it's how you do them and the way you work to get them.

but it doesn't change the fact he didn't get a "horrible" season... come on, he gets 83 in 51 and it's horrible... maybe we just expect way too much from him... that's it, I know he didn't have an INCREDIBLE season, but I don't think he got a bad season lol.

The Prospector 07-14-2006 02:39 PM

Latendresse is one of those players who can make a difference in the game, he's got some great dekes, some great nose for the net, but, as a power forward(future), he sould be able to play well in his defensive play.

jpchabby 07-14-2006 02:40 PM

agreed. wanna play in the big league, gotta be able to play defense... but that's the same for everybody...

The Prospector 07-14-2006 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpchabby (Post 6024938)
but it doesn't change the fact he didn't get a "horrible" season... come on, he gets 83 in 51 and it's horrible... maybe we just expect way too much from him... that's it, I know he didn't have an INCREDIBLE season, but I don't think he got a bad season lol.

Well in fact, I should say he had a horrible 1st half of the season.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:07 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.