HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Darren Dreger now with TSN! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=271430)

HH 07-14-2006 09:05 PM

Darren Dreger now with TSN!
 
http://www.tsn.ca/headlines/main_story.asp?id=171284

Is he a traitor then for leaving Sportsnet and going to rival TSN?

Rscorpio 07-14-2006 09:07 PM

I don't give a fruitLoops

NBHABSFAN 07-14-2006 09:07 PM

Good for him.

IMO TSN is >>>>>>>>>>>>>. Sportsnet. Some of the idiots that work there, no wonder he wanted to join TSN.

CrazyShea 07-14-2006 10:27 PM

Too bad he didnt take pierre mcguires job:cry:
The Score> TSN> Sportsnet

Joey 07-14-2006 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyshea (Post 6029093)
Too bad he didnt take pierre mcguires job:cry:
The Score> TSN> Sportsnet

The Score is awesome

Canadian_Brewtality 07-14-2006 11:09 PM

The score is HORRID

Joey 07-14-2006 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality (Post 6029305)
The score is HORRID

If you just want to turn to a station to find quick scores, playing odds, for a wide variety of sports [not just flavour of the month sports like TSN and Sportsnet do .. ex. World Cup..The Score has always got european football stats at the bottom] then the Score is awesome.

CrazyShea 07-14-2006 11:35 PM

I would rather watch the scores ticker then watch sportsdesk.

znk 07-14-2006 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyshea (Post 6029433)
I would rather watch the scores ticker then watch sportsdesk.

Then you're missing Bob McKenzie the best guy ever when it comes to hockey.

Kimota 07-15-2006 04:54 AM

Well he`s pretty much a vanilla type guy with no personality. I have no idea why this is supposed to be big aquisition by TSN.

coolguy21415 07-15-2006 08:37 AM

Quote:

Is he a traitor then for leaving Sportsnet and going to rival TSN?
What the hell are you talking about? Dreger got fired from Sportsnet last week. Hardly a traitorous move. He's a better fit for TSN anyway, he can mellow out Pierre McGuire, the nut.

Habs 07-15-2006 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habs911 (Post 6028502)
http://www.tsn.ca/headlines/main_story.asp?id=171284

Is he a traitor then for leaving Sportsnet and going to rival TSN?

He stinks as an analyst, right up there with Harry Neal.

Beakermania* 07-17-2006 08:48 AM

Is TSN/CTV gearing up for a run at HNIC when the contract expires?? They are building quite the stable with Dreger, Brian Williams, and Chris Cuthbert in addition to guys they already had.

They got the olympics off of CBC, will they try to get hockey night too?

AH 07-17-2006 08:59 AM

Dreger is an idiot. I hope Bobby Mac James Duthie rub off on him, but I doubt it since Mcguire has remained a ****** bag over his tenure at TSN.

CrazyShea 07-17-2006 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beakermania (Post 6044835)
Is TSN/CTV gearing up for a run at HNIC when the contract expires?? They are building quite the stable with Dreger, Brian Williams, and Chris Cuthbert in addition to guys they already had.

They got the olympics off of CBC, will they try to get hockey night too?

This would ruin the tradition of HNIC and i hope it never happens. As much as i hate neale and cole i would much rather listen to them then hear pierre mcguires voice. I know alot of people hate don cherry but i would greatly miss his rants and laughing at all the dumb things he says. If tsn gets theyre hands on HNIC they will only make it Hockey night in toronto which is hard to beleive that they can make the program even more pro leaf.

Beakermania* 07-17-2006 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyshea (Post 6045449)
This would ruin the tradition of HNIC and i hope it never happens. As much as i hate neale and cole i would much rather listen to them then hear pierre mcguires voice. I know alot of people hate don cherry but i would greatly miss his rants and laughing at all the dumb things he says. If tsn gets theyre hands on HNIC they will only make it Hockey night in toronto which is hard to beleive that they can make the program even more pro leaf.

I would think most of the commentators on CBC have an out clause in their contracts if the CBC lost hockey, similar to John Madden leaving CBS for Fox back in the day, and now leaving ABC for NBC after losing MNF. Ron MacLean, Don Cherry, Bob Cole and others would be welcomed as TSN wouldn't have enough guys to do all the games CBC carries plus their own weekday games.

That said Cherry, Cole, and Neale are not young men anymore, they might take the network change as their time to ride off into the sunset.

Who knows?? Its all just speculation on my part.

coolguy21415 07-17-2006 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beakermania (Post 6045836)
I would think most of the commentators on CBC have an out clause in their contracts if the CBC lost hockey, similar to John Madden leaving CBS for Fox back in the day, and now leaving ABC for NBC after losing MNF. Ron MacLean, Don Cherry, Bob Cole and others would be welcomed as TSN wouldn't have enough guys to do all the games CBC carries plus their own weekday games.

That said Cherry, Cole, and Neale are not young men anymore, they might take the network change as their time to ride off into the sunset.

Who knows?? Its all just speculation on my part.

Maclean would be the only one who wouldn't be able to switch networks, since he's tied to CBC for more than just hockey (pretty much all sports). That being said, it would be stupid for CBC not to match any offer made by TSN/CTV for HNIC, since it's got to be one of their only big ratings draws. The advertisement revenue alone probably pays for a lot of their programming.

Beakermania* 07-17-2006 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedScull (Post 6047461)
Maclean would be the only one who wouldn't be able to switch networks, since he's tied to CBC for more than just hockey (pretty much all sports). That being said, it would be stupid for CBC not to match any offer made by TSN/CTV for HNIC, since it's got to be one of their only big ratings draws. The advertisement revenue alone probably pays for a lot of their programming.

If Hockey were to be gone, and the Olympics are already on the way out after 2008. Why would Ron stay. What sports would he do. I mean he doesn't work the CFL games, and there isn't much else on there.

Tuggy 07-17-2006 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality (Post 6029305)
The score is HORRID

?

If you are a Sports Fan then how can you not like the Score? They have the best ticker around, round the clock highlights, live press conferences, excellent recap shows and great in studio guests.

Beakermania* 07-17-2006 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuggy (Post 6047491)
?

If you are a Sports Fan then how can you not like the Score? They have the best ticker around, round the clock highlights, live press conferences, excellent recap shows and great in studio guests.

Thank you Sid Seixero.

See I watch the Score too.

I prefer Sportscentre to the Score, but sometimes Sportscentre isn't on. The score is there for you to get news and scores at any time.

Both TSN and The Score >> Sportsnet.

coolguy21415 07-17-2006 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beakermania (Post 6047489)
If Hockey were to be gone, and the Olympics are already on the way out after 2008. Why would Ron stay. What sports would he do. I mean he doesn't work the CFL games, and there isn't much else on there.

I just meant that I don't think he has an 'out' clause for the NHL, that CBC would have to release him or something.

As for The Score, the actual programming is pretty bad. However, they show more highlights for non-Canadian NHL games than TSN, and have the only ticker that shows betting lines which I enjoy. Also, during the hockey season there's pretty much their "Sportscentre" equivalent (whatever it's called) with NHL highlights every hour from 11pm until 3am. TSN shows stupid stuff like WWE, and Sportsnet shows radio programming (huh?) after midnight, which is when I usually tune in to get highlights.

Beakermania* 07-17-2006 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedScull (Post 6047540)
I just meant that I don't think he has an 'out' clause for the NHL, that CBC would have to release him or something.

Well he has a pretty hefty deal i think from a couple years back when they were letting him go because he wanted too much money and he said fine, and the fans pressured the CBC to rehire him two days before the season was to start.

If there is nothing for him to do I'm pretty sure CBC wouldn't want to spend all that money to have him do the intro for skiing or speedskating world cup events on a saturday afternoon. Nothing against these sports, but Ron MacLean's salary is too much for the ratings they bring in.

Tuggy 07-18-2006 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beakermania (Post 6047500)
Thank you Sid Seixero.

See I watch the Score too.

I prefer Sportscentre to the Score, but sometimes Sportscentre isn't on. The score is there for you to get news and scores at any time.

Both TSN and The Score >> Sportsnet.

I personally watch the Score Tonight over Sportscentre. Sid&Tim > whoever TSN has going that night. Plus they have Cabbie....and he is the man. :D

Beakermania* 07-18-2006 01:29 PM

I think we all agree that Cabbie rules.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:51 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.