HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Speculation: Perez or Kostitsyn being moved (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=271800)

Rise from the Ashes 07-16-2006 12:08 PM

Speculation: Perez or Kostitsyn being moved

As we know now.. we dont have very much room for all our prospects. I dont know how long Gainey wants to keep Kostitsyn in the minors and now Perezhogin has a 1 way contract. IMO Perezhogin has higher value than Kostitsyn right now, so maybe he could be moved along with something else to acquire some quality defencemen. Although this is only speculation and i doubt Gainey can acquire any other defenceman unless he trades Souray. Considering Markov, Rivet and Souray are going to be UFA's and how d-men are reaching higher contracts, i expect Souray and Markov to get raises. I dont mind leaving Kostitsyn in the minors with Grabovsky, and maybe its for the best.

tinyzombies 07-16-2006 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard_Zednik (Post 6038291)
As we know now.. we dont have very much room for all our prospects. I dont know how long Gainey wants to keep Kostitsyn in the minors and now Perezhogin has a 1 way contract. IMO Perezhogin has higher value than Kostitsyn right now, so maybe he could be moved along with something else to acquire some quality defencemen. Although this is only speculation and i doubt Gainey can acquire any other defenceman unless he trades Souray. Considering Markov, Rivet and Souray are going to be UFA's and how d-men are reaching higher contracts, i expect Souray and Markov to get raises. I dont mind leaving Kostitsyn in the minors with Grabovsky, and maybe its for the best.

He doesn't have the value that say, a Brendl did. That means we would just be dumping him. Makes no sense. The kid is skilled and he'll be given every chance.

furax 07-16-2006 12:16 PM

Perezhogin wasn't even in the line-up at beginning of last season... zednik got injured in the first game against boston... which free up a spot for him...

I'm sure that both kost and perez will be with the team at the beginning of the season... kost might return to Hamilton afterward if he don't get much time to play...

Watsatheo 07-16-2006 12:29 PM

Grabovski is going to the Bulldogs and maybe Gainey wants Kosty there to create a little comfort for Grabovski. Coming to North America is a big step and having a friend right away would help. Its not like he can't be called up anyway. One year won't hurt IMO.

Habs13 07-16-2006 12:32 PM

Why would Gainey dump his top prospects when they'e just about to crack the NHL line-up? Makes no sense to me.

madvie 07-16-2006 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Watzatheo (Post 6038435)
Grabovski is going to the Bulldogs and maybe Gainey wants Kosty there to create a little comfort for Grabovski. Coming to North America is a big step and having a friend right away would help. Its not like he can't be called up anyway. One year won't hurt IMO.

I agree. Having a familiar face with him on the Bulldogs will help.

As for the Perezhogin rumours, why would he do that? The kids going to be great and he showed it (in the playoffs, after Koivu went down, IMO, Perez's line was the best).

AlexeiKovalev27 07-16-2006 12:49 PM

Mad , maybe because he didn't do like a lot of us expected. I appreciated Perezhogin a lot but seeing Kostitsyn play in the big club for some games made me drooooll. If I had to chose, heartbreaking decision for me but I'd take Kostitsyn

Habsy 07-16-2006 12:49 PM

Ignoring the sheer nonsense of trading away youth, why would you do so for a defenseman when our clear need is a top center. If we are able to get a center even better than Koivu so that the Koivu line would be our #2 line, then you trade a prospect. Unless you have a Datsyuk or a Lecavalier coming back the other way, you do not trade your future.

Pascal 07-16-2006 12:53 PM

There's no way Gainey is gonna trade our top prospects.

NewHabsEra* 07-16-2006 12:53 PM

If one has to be moved, its Ryder, no way Gainey trade one of our most skilled youngster!

Rise from the Ashes 07-16-2006 01:02 PM

You can never know what someone will do, Bob Gainey once upon a time traded Jarome Iginla.

ForsbergForever 07-16-2006 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewHabsArea (Post 6038618)
If one has to be moved, its Ryder, no way Gainey trade one of our most skilled youngster!

Thats a bit of a contradiction, Ryder is one of our most skilled youngsters!

kostitsyn1489 07-16-2006 01:09 PM

I don't think it's the right move to do. If both have their place in the line-up and another player deserve it too. Gainey will trade another player like Bonk, Ryder Ribeiro or something like that. He'll not trade one of our best offensive prospect.

Marchy79 07-16-2006 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard_Zednik (Post 6038679)
You can never know what someone will do, Bob Gainey once upon a time traded Jarome Iginla.

And that deal specifically was adhered as being the trade that gave Dallas what it needed to win the cup, and lose the repeat chance in the finals...
Jerome Iginla < Stanley Cup

goalchenyuk 07-16-2006 01:11 PM

Gainey isn't going to move exepted if he receives an offer he can't refuses . That 's what he said already .

About the player to complete the Habs roster , we are looking for a top prospect as Kosty , Latendresse or Chipchu , but i wouldn't be surprise if the one to stay is more a role player ; is Ferland has to be waive if he returns to the AHL ? i doubt that they are going to take the chance to loose a player , after the recent story of Hainsey and Beauchemin .

Archijerej 07-16-2006 01:12 PM

Not against trading either of them i we can get a good value back. But I can't understand why so many of us thinks that Kostsitsyn has a God given right to have a spot in the lineup and managment should do everything to please him and his fans. He has not proven anything, even on the AHL level. Yes, he improved since he came over to NA but still does not look like a future star player he was projected to be and he's closer to being a bust than being a contributor in the NHL. Nothing against the kid, as much as you I hope he'll develop well and will be a star on this team, but he has to earn his spot and the best way to do it is to lead Hamilton offensively next year while improving weekneses of his game. Trading
Perezhogin to make a spot for Kostsitsyn is a crazy idea. Alexander proved himself on every level he played, had a decent rookie year and improved as the season progressed. It seems to me that he's a victim of unrealistic expectations. I never thought he'll be a star after seeing him in the RSL, but he'll be a solid offensive player. It's a little bit unfair that you created an insane hype and now want his head because your next puppy is awaiting.

madvie 07-16-2006 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexeiKovalev27 (Post 6038591)
Mad , maybe because he didn't do like a lot of us expected. I appreciated Perezhogin a lot but seeing Kostitsyn play in the big club for some games made me drooooll. If I had to chose, heartbreaking decision for me but I'd take Kostitsyn

I like Kostitsyn too, and if a prospect is going to make the big club this coming season, it'll probably be him...but I'd rather Perezhogin wasn't traded away to let that happen.

Maybe I'm just being selfish in wanting all our prospects to remain with the organization...

larue* 07-16-2006 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard_Zednik (Post 6038679)

Yeah and what did that get him. One controversial stanley cup. Could you imagine what might be happening in Dallas right now if Iginla was still there. :dunno:

Rise from the Ashes 07-16-2006 01:30 PM

The two guys im expecting to get full time duty if they do are lapierre and chipchura

Belso 07-16-2006 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark0v (Post 6038735)
Gainey isn't going to move exepted if he receives an offer he can't refuses . That 's what he said already .

About the player to complete the Habs roster , we are looking for a top prospect as Kosty , Latendresse or Chipchu , but i wouldn't be surprise if the one to stay is more a role player ; is Ferland has to be waive if he returns to the AHL ? i doubt that they are going to take the chance to loose a player , after the recent story of Hainsey and Beauchemin .

I agree. The Habs are going to be very careful about what they do with these two youngsters. But Gainey's not stupid. If someone offers a Kovalchuk for or a Lecavalier for one of these guys, wo in their right mind would refuse? (By the way, I know this would never happen)

Habsy 07-16-2006 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larue (Post 6038860)
Yeah and what did that get him. One controversial stanley cup. Could you imagine what might be happening in Dallas right now if Iginla was still there. :dunno:

Last time I checked, they didn't put asteriks on the Cup. 1999 Dallas Stars.

A cup is a cup. I would trade any single one of our players if it meant winning the cup this or next year. Any one.

larue* 07-16-2006 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsy (Post 6038887)
Last time I checked, they didn't put asteriks on the Cup. 1999 Dallas Stars.

A cup is a cup. I would trade any single one of our players if it meant winning the cup this or next year. Any one.

Well there should be an asterick beside it. Trading prospects for players doesnt mean you are going to win the cup. I would rather keep my youth and let them win the cup for me then trade them away. ie. Iginla

hockey_nut 07-16-2006 01:40 PM

i don't expect it to happen...

both gainey and carbo have said however plays well enough to deserve a roster spot will get a roster spot... that simple

i expect both perez and kost to battle it out hard and both to crack the lineup

bayrider 07-16-2006 01:47 PM

The club did so much for Kosty to bring him over here, treat his condition and give him a shot. No way Gainey gives up on him... and if he wasn't so high on Andrei, he wouldnt have drafted Sergei either.

Le Tricolore 07-16-2006 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larue (Post 6038905)
Well there should be an asterick beside it.

no there shouldn't be.