HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Comrie recap (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=27187)

Chayos 11-10-2003 08:58 PM

Comrie recap

Well i have been on holdays in LA and was getting nothing for hockey coverage down there so i am a little out of date on the Comrie front right now. From what i have seen this is what is on the table right now for comrie am i correct.

1) Lupal and a pick for comrie

2) Weiss and Mezei for comrie

3) Handzus and Woywitka for comrie+

4) Kolanos+ for comrie

5) frolov for Comrie

I think that is all that i have seen in the last bit and from where i am sitting the Philly and Fla deals seem to be the best ones from an oiler standpoint, but i am wondering what you guys think.

FacelessButcher 11-10-2003 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chayos1
Well i have been on holdays in LA and was getting nothing for hockey coverage down there so i am a little out of date on the Comrie front right now. From what i have seen this is what is on the table right now for comrie am i correct.

1) Lupal and a pick for comrie

2) Weiss and Mezei for comrie

3) Handzus and Woywitka for comrie+

4) Kolanos+ for comrie

5) frolov for Comrie

I think that is all that i have seen in the last bit and from where i am sitting the Philly and Fla deals seem to be the best ones from an oiler standpoint, but i am wondering what you guys think.

I don't think 2 is realistic(haven't heard it on the table either) and I heard a rumour that 4 would be Kolanos+Tanabe for Comrie+(the guy on the radio coily insinuated it too).

-There is also the Higgins+ rumour from Montreal
-Atlanta is still interested as always(just give us Coburn damn it!)
-Heard Sharks put Sturm+pick(s) on the table(off hockeytraderumors.com I have some doubt as to its legitamacy)
-apparently Chicago is still intersted but have heard very little from there front
- and of course the quirky Calgary rumour that came out today

Lupul not Lupal BTW

Chayos 11-10-2003 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
I don't think 2 is realistic(haven't heard it on the table either) and I heard a rumour that 4 would be Kolanos+Tanabe for Comrie+(the guy on the radio coily insinuated it too).

-There is also the Higgins+ rumour from Montreal
-Atlanta is still interested as always(just give us Coburn damn it!)
-Heard Sharks put Sturm+pick(s) on the table(off hockeytraderumors.com I have some doubt as to its legitamacy)
-apparently Chicago is still intersted but have heard very little from there front
- and of course the quirky Calgary rumour that came out today

Lupul not Lupal BTW

I don't like the pho deal at all. I think any deal with mtl would have to be for one of their 2 blue chip d-men

LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 11-10-2003 10:59 PM

If we went to FLA, why wouldn't we get Kozlov? I think we could get him for less, but he sure would fit in here.

Vyse64 11-10-2003 11:07 PM

if Chicago is interested would Lowe want Kyle Calder coming back? since we all know Lowe like his Albertans

kruezer 11-10-2003 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
If we went to FLA, why wouldn't we get Kozlov? I think we could get him for less, but he sure would fit in here.

I don't know, I think Kozlov is thought of well by Florida management. It would be pretty hard to get him IMO.

FacelessButcher 11-10-2003 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chayos1
I think any deal with mtl would have to be for one of their 2 blue chip d-men

Lets hope so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chayos1
I don't like the pho deal at all.

:dunno: Kolanos is a big risk but I am pretty fond of Tanabe

FacelessButcher 11-10-2003 11:49 PM

Quote:

I'd hope for Mezei+ for Comrie

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemskyFreak83
if Chicago is interested would Lowe want Kyle Calder coming back? since we all know Lowe like his Albertans

doubtful probably a center we have to many wingers. Probably not to far off from the old Bell/Arnason+McCarthy trade proposals. I just hope its lob-sided in our favour their current GM is supposed to be quite famous for bad deals. Anyone know whats up with Ruutu I was expecting him to come out blazing after all the hype, worst plus-minus on the team -6 and 1 goal no assists in 16 games( I know hes a rookie but that is still low even for an average rookie let alone a superstar centerman prospect)

LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 11-10-2003 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
I'd hope for Mezei+ for Comrie

Not really sold on Mezei myself, I'd make the Panthers add alot to that deal, possibly even throw a little more on our end to get a center+ a prospect.

As always, I'd rather he sign, but gotta explore all options.

Hopefully we'll soon see the "agent fired" headline.....

thome_26 11-10-2003 11:54 PM

My personal favorite is still for Frolov - I love big talented Russians. But as far as Kolanos as the main return for Comrie, I think that Lowe would be taking down the pants and bending over on that one!

FacelessButcher 11-11-2003 01:25 AM

Quote:

Not really sold on Mezei myself, I'd make the Panthers add alot to that deal, possibly even throw a little more on our end to get a center+ a prospect.

I'd hope we could get Taticek and Mezei but we would almost certainly would have to throw in something else, Florida is interested in Isbister(not suggesting Comrie+Isbister for Taticek+Mezei).

Nothing ground breaking but one more can't hurt

Thome I would consider Tanabe more the main return for Comrie then Kolanos, two high level prospects who can play now but one has serious concussion issues, risky? Yup! I am sure Taffe would be of interest to Lowe too but have yet to here him linked to any rumour.

kraigus 11-11-2003 03:19 AM

Quote:

Good lord, the skies are falling, LMHF#1 and I agree on something!

(although I have my reservations, as I said elsewhere I no longer believe it's just about Comrie getting bad advice, I wonder how much of the stance is his own. Winter is pretty astute, I think, and if it's pretty obvious to most people here that Comrie's getting hurt more than the Oilers on this thing, it's gotta be obvious to him too.)

Yanner39 11-11-2003 03:50 AM

Gawd I hope they don't trade for Higgins. He may be a good prospect but I heard somewhere from a MTL source that's all he's going to be. Someone mentioned Kozlov which would be a huge pick but as LMHF said, he's pretty popular down in FLA.

As for PHO, I don't know anything about Kolanos except for his college stats. I was hoping for Doan or maybe Nagy. 'Yotes fans will say they're untouchable but after a 9 game winless skid, I don't know if untouchables even exist.

Frolov would be good as well although he's not a center. If they got Handzus I would be pleased. He score 20+ goals twice in his career, he's big. I he may not be as fast but so what.

riles 11-11-2003 08:42 AM

For Phoenix, I'm sure Lowe would have quite a bit of interest in Jeff Taffe. The only reason he isn't up with the big club is their depth at center. He's a young guy that could step in and contribute, probably in one of the top 2 lines.

Chayos 11-11-2003 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riles
For Phoenix, I'm sure Lowe would have quite a bit of interest in Jeff Taffe. The only reason he isn't up with the big club is their depth at center. He's a young guy that could step in and contribute, probably in one of the top 2 lines.

I wonder if we could get Taffe and mara for Comrie+

G-Double 11-11-2003 03:53 PM

how can you knock Chris Higgins, have you ever seen this kid play?H'e the total package..He's like Reasoner with better hands and a better wheels and he hits and grinds...my god, your "source" told you that all he would be is a prospect...well he almost made the Habs out of camp this year so we'll e seeing him in the near future, no later than 1 year from today unless there is a prolonged lockout.

two final things...one, i would like to know who your source is, if not by name, then position and level as a pro scout or wahtever they do.

And finally, this kids work ethic will prevent him from not making the NHL. He, like his WJC linemate Parise is a tireless worker who goes all out all the time from what i have seen.

King Fish 11-11-2003 04:35 PM

My personal favorite is still for Frolov - I love big talented Russians. But as far as Kolanos as the main return for Comrie, I think that Lowe would be taking down the pants and bending over on that one!

I love big talented Russians...Lowe would be taking down the pants and bending over on that one... Is there something your trying to say??? :joker:

Belcriss 11-11-2003 04:37 PM

Quote:

If I went to Florida for anything, it would be Bouwmeiser. I know their not going to give that, so why bother going to them for anything? Hell.... maybe to entice them, Comrie and our first rounders since were not in the hunt for a good pick, Bouwmeister would be a beautiful fit up here!!!!!

Yanner39 11-11-2003 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-Double
how can you knock Chris Higgins, have you ever seen this kid play?H'e the total package..He's like Reasoner with better hands and a better wheels and he hits and grinds...my god, your "source" told you that all he would be is a prospect...well he almost made the Habs out of camp this year so we'll e seeing him in the near future, no later than 1 year from today unless there is a prolonged lockout.

two final things...one, i would like to know who your source is, if not by name, then position and level as a pro scout or wahtever they do.

And finally, this kids work ethic will prevent him from not making the NHL. He, like his WJC linemate Parise is a tireless worker who goes all out all the time from what i have seen.

Take a few deep breaths man...All I heard was from the Mtl media how he's seems to still be a long way from having a regular role with the habs and they don't even know if that will happen. His name came up during the rookie tournament in Ottawa in September. This is the players you want to replace last year's number one centre? I sick of Edmonton dealing for the future. We have wnough players in the system at this point where we can afford to loo at the present.