HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   OHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   St. Mike's 06/07 Lineup (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=272144)

KyFly 07-17-2006 02:01 PM

St. Mike's 06/07 Lineup

With all the talk on the purchase of the Icedogs and their pending move to another city. It has been really hard to find out what will become of the on ice edition of the Majors. Can anyone tell me the status of last year's team that may or may not be welcomed back this coming season? I was told this year's edition will be hard pressed to make the playoffs. I am assuming McGurk and Billingsley will make the D much younger and inexperienced after moving Ryan Wilson. Who will fill any holes down the middle or on the wing? Anyone hear of more player movement.
Can someone who knows the team well from last season give me what a possible lineup would look like for this coming season.
TIA:dunce:

hattub 09-11-2006 01:59 AM

Any word about Adam Hurley, He's a big kid and if given a shot could do all right back there on D.

hockeyprincess 09-19-2006 02:24 PM

What is going on?

When I first learned that Justin and Tyler Donati were going to be playing on two different teams this upcoming Ontario Hockey League season, I was surprised. Justin and Tyler have been playing together ever since they were in atom hockey and it seemed to be something that they surely enjoyed. Though they were drafted significantly apart in the 2002 OHL Priority Selection (Tyler was a 6th round choice while Justin was a 15th round choice), the Oshawa Generals took a chance and signed both of them in 2003. It proved advantageous as they helped each other to improve, and the Generals seemed to be more confident if they were playing together. While they played on different lines, there is no doubt that their synergy was amazing off the ice and that helped them significantly in leading the Gens to great success.

In 2004, however, the Donati twins were traded to the Toronto St. Michael's Majors, in exchange for Cal Clutterbuck. Clutterbuck proved himself to be a power forward once he got to Oshawa, despite how lowly the team sank in the Eastern Conference -- and the entire OHL -- standings. Due to his leadership, Clutterbuck was a fourth-round pick of the Minnesota Wild in 2006, a team that knows the value of great OHL leaders, most notably Sudbury's Benoit Pouliot and Kitchener's Jean-Michel Rizk.

The Donati twins, on the other hand, revived the St. Michael's Majors, who were filled with potential young talents, such as Justin DiBenedetto, Cassidy Preston and Matt Caria. St. Michael's stopped being an OHL joke, seeing it had the two most recognizable and well-known players in the entire league. Justin, especially, made the Majors a force to be reckoned with.

But now, a crisis. Tyler has been traded to the Belleville Bulls, where he has reunited with George Burnett, who was the head coach/general manager of the Generals when the Donatis played in Oshawa. There is speculation that Justin will be trading himself to Belleville in order to play with Tyler, but the Majors can't afford to lose any more talents. They just lost high scorer Cory Vitarelli to graduation, and Tyler Haskins has just been traded. Hopefully, something will be straightened out because if you can't have two for the price of one, then the Donati twins were not such a "major" deal in the end.