HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   How quickly things change (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=272277)

HomaridII 07-17-2006 06:27 PM

How quickly things change

You guys remember when the trade of Garon to LA was made and how many Habs fans were complaining about it?

Well, LA just signed Garon for one year today, here is one opinion about the signing ...

[URL="http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=2399"]

sXe 07-17-2006 06:30 PM

I don't see how things change, Habs fans are still complaining about anything.

HomaridII 07-17-2006 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sXe (Post 6050279)

Well, nobody is complaing about that trade anymore and Kings fans are complaining that Garon isn't good enough to be an NHL no.1 goalie ...

psychonaut 07-17-2006 07:15 PM

Yes and frankly im very woried, you see many complaine about the Kovalev trade work out great, even more complaine about the Garon trade work out very well. Then they complaine about the Hossa trade, it was pretty good. But most are happy with the Johnson trade, so is this a realy bad trade Gainey did???

I would feel alot better if ppl would be like you can trade a future 4 round for a misley 6 foot 2, 60 point right haded center/wing.

Russeltown 07-17-2006 07:24 PM

People also complained that we've signed Samsonov @ around 3.5 per season... ridiculous

Is it only in Quebec that we love to complain as like as we do?

Tuggy 07-17-2006 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sXe (Post 6050279)

That will never change.

hototogisu 07-17-2006 07:25 PM

This is Montreal...we could've signed Elias to a 3-year deal worth a Lotto 649 ticket and people would say we overpaid.

All-Star 07-17-2006 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychonaut (Post 6050718)
you can trade a future 4 round for a misley 6 foot 2, 60 point right haded center/wing.

Geeze man! If a 4th got us that much, a 2nd could have landed us Ovechkin! Gainey blew it!:banghead:

:sarcasm:

Montrealer 07-17-2006 07:58 PM

I was talking with my bud at work today about how the complaining seems worse than ever, and he made a good point: People are starting to feel that this team is pretty close to a Cup contender, so now the expectations are through the roof and everything is going under a microscope. Before, in the Houle Era, when we sucked monkeystones, no one cared nearly as much. We cried, but we didn't complain; we were numb to the pain.

I guess that means it's a good thing. :D

sXe 07-17-2006 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montrealer (Post 6051084)
I was talking with my bud at work today about how the complaining seems worse than ever, and he made a good point: People are starting to feel that this team is pretty close to a Cup contender, so now the expectations are through the roof and everything is going under a microscope. Before, in the Houle Era, when we sucked monkeystones, no one cared nearly as much. We cried, but we didn't complain; we were numb to the pain.

I noticed this since the lockout ended. Interest really shot up once hockey was back and the cap made everyone believe the playing field is leveled so anyone can be a contender. After seeing teams like Edmonton and Pittsburgh load up on big names undeniably got some people's hopes up.

I have to add also the "Gainey effect". I think his arrival helped lend credibily to the franchise. Savard didn't have nearly the same impact ; just look at the absence of fuss made over his departure.

Russeltown 07-17-2006 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montrealer (Post 6051084)

Jason Dawe > Chris Higgins :dunce:

StanAjax 07-17-2006 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sYn (Post 6050782)
Is it only in Quebec that we love to complain as like as we do?

No, no, don't worry. That's something French too. :)