HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Anyone recalls rumors regarding Johnson, Samsonov and Zednik... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=272285)

Pere Noel 07-17-2006 06:47 PM

Anyone recalls rumors regarding Johnson, Samsonov and Zednik...

We have all those so call expert web sites, with people having inside information, the Eklunds of this words... our regular journalists, on radio, on tv, in the paper...

I believe that none really mentioned that Gainey was to:
1-Try to get Johnson from Phoenix.... Has anyone ever mentioned even his name?

2-Really speculated that Samsonov was a prime target...

3-That Zednik would be ship for a third round pick in Washington.
Meanwhile we heard it all regarding Ribeiro, Souray, Arnott, Shahanan, Aebischer, Gagné, Elias, Lecavallier, Richards, Lindros, Sykora, Gaborik, Bell, Calder, etc.

Well I say, so much for the expertise and inside track...

And I say, all of that, was UNEXPECTED, wasn't it?

Dwight 07-17-2006 06:49 PM

Don't forget the infamous 2nd Round Draft Pick ;)

jo_ab 07-17-2006 06:53 PM

thefourthperiod.com was right for samsonov...

Quote:

The Canadiens, who are also believed to be pursuing winger Sergei Samsonov along with the Wings, are expected to announce the signing of defenseman Mike Komisarek this afternoon.

kostitsyn1489 07-17-2006 06:56 PM

On how much he has of web sote like that only one site "knew" one of our three move. Resally bad percentage...

phil 07-17-2006 06:58 PM

Gainey will never speak of incoming trades... never... it's one of his main characteristics... other than being a good GM

psychonaut 07-17-2006 06:59 PM

Well nothing to do with rumors but during a Boston Montreal game on Rds they where talking about Samsonov and they said how he would probably not be back with Boston the next year and he would be a ufa, then said how he would be a good fit in Montreal.
(Funny I cant remember my girlfriend b-day, but this I have no probleme)

Russeltown 07-17-2006 07:27 PM

The reason is the following : Gainey has a poker face!!!!!!!!!!

hototogisu 07-17-2006 07:27 PM

Well you've got the important things down, those being hockey-related matters..the rest? Meh ;)

hab 07-18-2006 08:32 AM

sampsonov was mentioned, and arnott and shannahan were were targeted, but

its these rediculous trade rumors. zednik having almost 0 intrest will hopefully

put things into perspective

Le depisteur 07-18-2006 08:52 AM

Morale

Since years, i understood that:

1) The rumours become rarely true;
2) The trade which occurs were rarely rumours.

Conclusion:
Never believe in rumours.

Subban Fan 07-18-2006 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le depisteur (Post 6054532)
Since i'm interrested in hockey, i understood that:

Conclusion:

rumours are always fun to read...

habs86 07-18-2006 09:42 AM

Quote:

Conclusion:

I so second that brother :clap:

pavlako11 07-18-2006 09:54 AM

without rumours, this Montreal message board would be dead :biglaugh:

TheDamned 07-18-2006 09:59 AM

Quote:

Conclusion:

Duh, i've understood that since YEARS, some people here are too dumb to catch this.

Le depisteur 07-18-2006 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komi#1 (Post 6054694)
rumours are always fun to read...

But of course, you're right! :)

Le depisteur 07-18-2006 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDamned (Post 6055029)
Duh, i've understood that since YEARS, some people here are too dumb to catch this.

OK, thanks! :)

goalchenyuk 07-18-2006 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pere Noel (Post 6050455)
We have all those so call expert web sites, with people having inside information, the Eklunds of this words... our regular journalists, on radio, on tv, in the paper...

I believe that none really mentioned that Gainey was to:
1-Try to get Johnson from Phoenix.... Has anyone ever mentioned even his name?

2-Really speculated that Samsonov was a prime target...

3-That Zednik would be ship for a third round pick in Washington.
Meanwhile we heard it all regarding Ribeiro, Souray, Arnott, Shahanan, Aebischer, Gagné, Elias, Lecavallier, Richards, Lindros, Sykora, Gaborik, Bell, Calder, etc.

Well I say, so much for the expertise and inside track...

And I say, all of that, was UNEXPECTED, wasn't it?

You don't know all the talks that GM's have together . Code and Eklund both said that the Habs made an offer to Samsonov . Code also said that Zednik was on the market .

They also said that Habs talk with Detroit about Lang ; The deal was not done . Does that mena that they didn't discussed together ? no ! And you can say that Habs made an offer to Shanahan , that they were in the run until the end , but that the fact that they didn't sign him doesn't mean that they didn't try to get him .

Pere Noel 07-23-2006 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark0v (Post 6055974)
You don't know all the talks that GM's have together . Code and Eklund both said that the Habs made an offer to Samsonov . Code also said that Zednik was on the market .

They also said that Habs talk with Detroit about Lang ; The deal was not done . Does that mena that they didn't discussed together ? no ! And you can say that Habs made an offer to Shanahan , that they were in the run until the end , but that the fact that they didn't sign him doesn't mean that they didn't try to get him .

My point was that those people, end up missing a great deal of the stories that happens for real.

clfath 07-23-2006 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark0v (Post 6055974)

You must read the horoscope...

BigTimer* 07-23-2006 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pere Noel (Post 6105984)
My point was that those people, end up missing a great deal of the stories that happens for real.

Eklund and Code were both wrong about Samsonov as well since they mentioned him as being pursued by Gainey a week before the singing when in reality there was no contact between Gainey and Samsonov until the day of the signing.

I've said it before and it's pretty simple. These guys do have connections but they're awfully weak ones and only get provided with a rumour from those sources (maybe even source as in only one) once every few days. They post that rumour... along with 10-15 others that they manufactured in their heads. That's why Eklund and Code are only right once every 70-100 guesses instead of once every 15-30 which would be the case if they were only posting rumours from connected sources... regardless of how many they get wrong.

I'm really suprised it's taking so long for people to catch on. You're entirely right Pere Noel. If everything they were posting were from actual sources then they'd be mentioning alot more of the moves that have actually happened.

Dutchy 07-23-2006 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigTimer (Post 6106160)
Eklund and Code were both wrong about Samsonov as well since they mentioned him as being pursued by Gainey a week before the singing when in reality there was no contact between Gainey and Samsonov until the day of the signing.

Not to burst your bubble, but...

Quote:

"Montreal was interesting to me from day one," said Samsonov,
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=171141&hubname=

BigTimer* 07-23-2006 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchy (Post 6106189)

Ugh. I've been at work for a long time today and I don't want to lose my temper so I'll keep it clean.

ENGLISH 101.

Dutchy 07-23-2006 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigTimer (Post 6106233)
Ugh. I've been at work for a long time today and I don't want to lose my temper so I'll keep it clean.

ENGLISH 101.

Woaw... Sorry, major faux pas... :doh:

BigTimer* 07-23-2006 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchy (Post 6106280)
Woaw... Sorry, major faux pas... :doh:

No prob. All that matters is that Samsonov is a Hab... period.

coolguy21415 07-23-2006 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigTimer (Post 6106233)

ENGLISH 101.

I assume you're referring to the TSN article. Not having read it, but I also abhor that spelling and grammar errors make it past editors and onto websites and -- my pet peeve -- newspapers.