HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Best goal to get (backyard/driveway)? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=272297)

Josh Deitell 07-17-2006 07:11 PM

Best goal to get (backyard/driveway)?

The goal I have is falling apart and it's not regulation size, so I'm looking into getting a new one.

I was recently looking at this goal:
http://www.americanhockeycenter.com/...in/gold200.htm

...but the price is a bit high for my liking. Anyone know of anything cheaper that's reliable and can take a beating?

Definitely want something regulation size and steel, other than that I'm not really sure.

HansonBro 07-18-2006 01:28 AM

buy a welder (for close to the same price) and make your own goal with a welder leftover??? ;) :sarcasm:

The Nemesis 07-18-2006 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HansonBro (Post 6053296)
buy a welder (for close to the same price) and make your own goal with a welder leftover??? ;) :sarcasm:

Or, if you'd like not to burn your house down, see if you can sweet-talk your local high school (probably the school you attended) into getting the metal-shop students to make one if you provide the supplies. I know that my old high school had a ton of its athletic stuff done by the metalwork students (4 hockey nets, 2 full-size soccer nets, the most of the weight room equipment) and it was all very nice quality. All you'd need to do is get them some steel tubing and some netting (which might be the hard part unless your local sports store sells replacement netting) and diagram what you want done.

I'm sure if the shop teacher is nice enough he wouldn't mind giving you the end result since you're contributing to the students' learning.

HansonBro 07-18-2006 05:10 AM

great idea :teach:

KariyaIsGod* 07-19-2006 02:58 PM

I'm going to build my own with high quality PVC piping.

Should do the trick.

I also have an interesting solution for folks who don't want to ruin their goalie equipment on the concrete. Lay down a plat pad of linoleum. Works WONDERFULLY!!!

crashlanding 07-19-2006 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KariyaIsGod (Post 6069324)
I'm going to build my own with high quality PVC piping.

Should do the trick.

I also have an interesting solution for folks who don't want to ruin their goalie equipment on the concrete. Lay down a plat pad of linoleum. Works WONDERFULLY!!!

PVC will break rather soon if you're using a puck. One well placed shot off the post and your net will fall apart.

Chris 07-19-2006 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashlanding (Post 6069508)
PVC will break rather soon if you're using a puck. One well placed shot off the post and your net will fall apart.

Wouldn't that be a poorly-placed shot? :sarcasm:

Miami Panther 07-19-2006 08:55 PM

http://www.sportsauthority.com/produ...entPage=family

At my local sports authority, I picked one up for $100 (no sale). I find it quite durable and it has wheels which are very convenient. I bought the one year warranty for 10 extra bucks which insures your goal from any harm (rips, screws falling out). My friend also has two of these and after some very very heavy abuse the screw fell out of the wheel which was no big deal. The netting is very durable as well. I highly recommend this goal. Overall, it is a great goal for its price.

KariyaIsGod* 07-20-2006 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashlanding (Post 6069508)

No pucks for moi. Z-Balls only...

Pucks are emant for the ice.

crashlanding 07-20-2006 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 6070709)

Well of course it goes off the post and in ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by KariyaIsGod (Post 6078515)
No pucks for moi. Z-Balls only...

Pucks are emant for the ice.

IDS pucks are very good, I used to use balls all the time but an IDS puck on an asphalt driveway slides nicely.

QuadDeuces 07-20-2006 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashlanding (Post 6078867)
Well of course it goes off the post and in ;)

IDS pucks are very good, I used to use balls all the time but an IDS puck on an asphalt driveway slides nicely.

For asphalt, I suggest Millenium Propucks. IDS Proshots, Rocket pucks, Franklin Commanders, CCM, etc pucks all tend to lose their slide fast. Propucks work very well on hard surfaces but are borderline useless on sportcourt.

-- George.

Josh Deitell 07-22-2006 04:17 AM

Pucks aren't that big of a deal for me. I went down to Home Depot and bought a decent sized sheet of plexiglass for $32 bucks and every puck works on it ;)

theprogoalie777 07-22-2006 11:58 AM

That is a good idea! If if it does work!!:)

Vincent_TheGreat 07-22-2006 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 6070709)

Unless your trying to hit posts and cross bars.