HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   GDT: Islanders @ Flyers 7PM (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=27239)

Teezax 11-11-2003 06:13 AM

GDT: Islanders @ Flyers 7PM

So for the first time this season we had all 23 skaters practicing again. It looks like Desjardins and Gagné will be back in the lineup while Somik is day to day. Hackett gets the nod and Esche will play Vancouver on Thursday. This should be an interesting week of hockey and a real measuring stick of where we stand in this league. This is a 4 point divisional game and we need to come out on top to have some leighway on the Isles and have a bit of a cushion withe the Debs. Flyers are undefeated at home at 4-0-2 so let's keep it going.

Flyers : 3 (Handzus, Recchi, Brashear)
New York: 2 (Peca, Hunter)

Nikkowar 11-11-2003 06:44 AM

Flyers-4(Gagné,Williams,Primeau,Handzus/Amonte)
Islanders-1(Yashin)

CNote 11-11-2003 06:59 AM

Should be a close game. I'll go with the super lame prediction and say they state to a 3-3 tie.
Flyers (Gags, Recchi & Handzus)
Isles (Aucoin, Peca & Czerkawski)

Rotoworld.com:

Jeff Hackett - G - Philadelphia Flyers Nov 10

Jeff Hackett will start tomorrow night against the Islanders, reports the Philadelphia Inquirer.
Robert Esche will play Thursday against the Canucks, as the Flyer goalie rotation continues.

Simon Gagne - W - Philadelphia Flyers Nov 10

Simon Gagne is probable for tomorrow's game against the Islanders, reports the Philadelphia Daily News.
He was wacked on his left leg Saturday but will skate today, and likely play tomorrow evening.

Eric Desjardins - D - Philadelphia Flyers Nov 10

Eric Desjardins will be back in the Flyer lineup tomorrow against the Islanders after missing the past two games with a back injury, reports the Philadelphia Inquirer.

GoneFullHextall 11-11-2003 09:46 AM

who starts for the Isles? im guessing Garth Snow who for some reason has our number
But were at home and playing good hockey right now.
Flyers 3 Isles 2
maybe in OT

Teezax 11-11-2003 12:01 PM

Yeah i think it'll be a nail biter the whole way, division games all are.
If i know the Flyers it'll probably end up a tie, but here's hoping to a solid 2 points ;)

John Flyers Fan 11-11-2003 12:18 PM

Anyone else going tonight ???

Nikkowar 11-11-2003 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
Anyone else going tonight ???

I wish.

Brad* 11-11-2003 12:40 PM

They've been playing very well recently so hopefully they can keep that going tonight. Won't be easy though, the Isles should provide tough competition, Like mentioned earlier, this week should have some good measuring stick games so they can see where they're at,

GKJ 11-11-2003 12:48 PM

I wouldn't be too concerned if the Flyers lose tonight, because I don't think the Islanders are as for real right now as most people beleive. Regardless of the outcome, the Flyers are a better team. The real test is against Vancouver, who right now, is the best team in the National Hockey League.

I'll go with a 2-2 tie though. Goals from Handzus, Amonte, Czerkawski and Hamrlik.

John Flyers Fan 11-11-2003 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
I wouldn't be too concerned if the Flyers lose tonight, because I don't think the Islanders are as for real right now as most people beleive. Regardless of the outcome, the Flyers are a better team. The real test is against Vancouver, who right now, is the best team in the National Hockey League.

I disagree, I think both games are important, but if I could only win one of the two, I'll take the "W" over the Isles.

As good as the Canucks are, they don't scare me. They would be down the list on teams I'd fear in the playoffs.

Teezax 11-11-2003 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
I disagree, I think both games are important, but if I could only win one of the two, I'll take the "W" over the Isles.

As good as the Canucks are, they don't scare me. They would be down the list on teams I'd fear in the playoffs.

I agree, they were the same team as last year with the addition of Arvedson, and we shut out their so called "Potent Offence" 3-0.
Besides it's the division points that are priority 1. I think we're going to ahve a harder time to win tonight than against the "Nucks on Thursday, plus Van is .500 on the road.

Whinks 11-11-2003 03:10 PM

I dont get to watch the games on UPN here in Lancaster. I have Comcast-Lancaster and it must be a different UPN than in Philly.

FlyersGuy69 11-11-2003 03:26 PM

Flyers 3 - Islanders - 1

it's a tough inter-division game and I think that the Flyers will make a statement tonight. they have had some time to rest but it also may take a little while to get there legs going.

hopefully Hackett will play strong and not give up any iffy goals.

LET'S GO FLYERS!

Winston Wolf 11-11-2003 04:09 PM

Roenick assisted by Amonte! 1-0!

FlyersGuy69 11-11-2003 04:57 PM

nice fight by Fedurok!

left jab knock-down on Cairns

way to answer the Islander's goal by coming right back and scoring.

Teezax 11-11-2003 04:59 PM

2-1 Philly on a Mark Recchi goal just seconds after Aucoin scored on the PP. Really impressed with the Isles PK units, very quick to the puck and didn't give us much to work with.

paxtang 11-11-2003 06:17 PM

Looks like Todd may have broken his orbital bone in that fight. Either from a punch from Cairns, or he may have hit his face on the ice.

FlyersGuy69 11-11-2003 06:24 PM

well, real good game for the Flyers as they win 2-1 and stay undefeated at home (5-0-2). Hackett played strong and made some great saves but Handzus might have made the best save of the night. 2 good fights in the game and I would say that Brashear and Fedoruk won them both.

bring on Vancouver baby!

LET'S GO FLYERS!

Green Mile 11-11-2003 07:36 PM

Handzus' save was the best of the night. :handclap:

Jones23 11-11-2003 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paxtang
Looks like Todd may have broken his orbital bone in that fight. Either from a punch from Cairns, or he may have hit his face on the ice.

I think it was the first punch?...Both Cairns and Fedoruk from the view they gave on TSN looked like they both connected at the same time.Hard to tell though as they never replayed it.

paxtang 11-11-2003 08:09 PM

Nah. The first punch Todd caught Cairns with a stiff left. If it had ended there it would have been a TKO Fedoruk. Later in the fight, both threw bombs, and I think Fridge got caught with that one in the cheek.

RoDu 11-11-2003 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green Mile
Handzus' save was the best of the night. :handclap:

lets see Comrie do that

Flyers26 11-12-2003 05:30 AM

Nice win for the boys last nite!
Handzus save was awesome. If you noticed, the 1st shot seemed to be going in, and hit the Isles player in the skate, and Zus saved the rebound shot.

GoneFullHextall 11-12-2003 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyers26
Nice win for the boys last nite!
Handzus save was awesome. If you noticed, the 1st shot seemed to be going in, and hit the Isles player in the skate, and Zus saved the rebound shot.

good win. Handzus saved the Flyers from a tie. bring on the Nucks which will be our biggest test of the year. I heard Bertuzzi might be out. still they have a dangerous hockey club.

John Flyers Fan 11-12-2003 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
good win. Handzus saved the Flyers from a tie. bring on the Nucks which will be our biggest test of the year. I heard Bertuzzi might be out. still they have a dangerous hockey club.

Bertuzzi is a go, JoVo is probably out.