HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Honestly, what have perezogin or plekaneck done in the NHL??? NOTHING (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=272409)

albertonhabsfan 07-18-2006 09:09 AM

Honestly, what have perezogin or plekaneck done in the NHL??? NOTHING

Everyone seems to be so high on these two guys!! Why? what have they done that is so good? Trade the two of them fore one solid, seasoned player and let's win a cup!!!

Russeltown 07-18-2006 09:11 AM

You seem to be a bit radical.

Why should we trade them? They are cheap and bring a lot to the Habs. Do you remember 3 years ago? Juneau, Dackell, Perreault, Gilmour.

In my opinion, they bring a lot more than these veterans brang in their last contract year.
Sure, they haven't proven a lot yet, but the future seems really promising. I prefer to watch them in a Habs jersey than an other one. :)

Galchenyuk x 27 07-18-2006 09:12 AM

Ill agree with you on perezogin but noway do I agree with you on plekanec. The guy works his behind off night in and night out and has a great attitude on the ice. gets his job done.

Habs 4 Life 07-18-2006 09:12 AM

And if we don't win the cup what,we restart all over again?:shakehead No thanks

Pere Noel 07-18-2006 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albertonhabsfan (Post 6054206)
Everyone seems to be so high on these two guys!! Why? what have they done that is so good? Trade the two of them fore one solid, seasoned player and let's win a cup!!!

They are first year players !

You could have said the same thing about Komisarek in his first year.

We need young players.

Habs4Lyfe 07-18-2006 09:14 AM

Quote:

a little harsh no? They have been in the NHL for what...all of 1 year??? Relax buddy....

417 07-18-2006 09:14 AM

Quote:

# 1 - they've only had 1 full season in the NHL, and considering that, they had a pretty good season, Plekanec especially showed a fast adaptation to the NHL.

# 2 - You're contradicting yourself, you go on to say they haven't done anything in the NHL, yet you expect them to get you "one solid seasonned player".

Do you not see the irony here?

Tuggy 07-18-2006 09:15 AM

Quote:

:rolleyes:

Freaky Habs Fan 07-18-2006 09:18 AM

How many prospect can rack up 40 points in their first season? Not many...
How many prospect can become good regular NHLer after a season or two? Many...

We have to be patient with those young players...and it's not like they didn't showed us what they can do...

Dutch 07-18-2006 09:18 AM

A big :shakehead to this thread.

Catch-22 07-18-2006 09:20 AM

Quote:

Perezhogin is not proven to me. But Plekanec is an underrated prospect. He wins key face-offs, he's fast and plays a gritty, two-way style of hockey. He's great on the PK, but, IMO, his greatest asset is his hockey sense. Watch him pursue the puck. He's very very good at it, creating many turnovers simply with relentless pursuit. He has terrific puck handling and other offensive skills and with some maturity he could really do some damage. I'd like to see him get a chance on the PP this year, too. He could very easily replace Ribeiro as our second line centre and I hope he does at some point this season. I suspect he wil be a 15- 20 goal scorer.

Oshawa General 07-18-2006 09:23 AM

Quote:

I think you have to be a little more patient, they are first year players, just look at these stats of another first year player, his 2nd season was a break-out season
G A PTS PIM
2003-04 Carolina Hurricanes NHL 81 11 20 31 40

Would you have traded Eric Staal after one NHL season??

waffledave 07-18-2006 09:29 AM

When I watch Pleks play...I dunno, just the way he skates...Reminds me of a certain captain I know...

habfan4 07-18-2006 09:29 AM

So albertonhabsfan is the yin to NewHabsArea's yan?

33Roy33 07-18-2006 09:30 AM

First of all I will leave Plekanec out of this conversation cause if you would have watched many games last season you would have noticed how much he contibuted night in and night out with his hussle and solid play.

Perez on the other hand has not really shown us much yet, but how many offensive players do in the first season? Not very many, the potential is there and there is a lot of untapped ability that I think will start to shine through once we give Perez some ice time and time to develop into the NHL player he has the potential to be.

Tuggy 07-18-2006 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habfan4 (Post 6054363)
So albertonhabsfan is the yin to NewHabsArea's yan?

:D Nice.

Le depisteur 07-18-2006 09:40 AM

Quote:

And you, what you do on this board??? What do you do last year???

Plekanec was the revelation player last year. Him and Perezhogin had their first season. Perezhogin showed some flashes of brilliance, but has been little used...

I really think that you hadn't watch many games last year... :dunno:

StanleyCH25 07-18-2006 09:49 AM

It's times like these that I'm really happy for the ignore button.

417 07-18-2006 09:55 AM

I thought Perezhogin was among our most dangerous forwards during the playoffs:dunno:

waffledave 07-18-2006 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL (Post 6054552)
I thought Perezhogin was among our most dangerous forwards during the playoffs:dunno:

I feel like I haven't seen you post in a long time.

Tuggy 07-18-2006 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL (Post 6054552)

The line of Zednik-Plekanec-Perezhogin was one of the best for us.

Blades 0f Steel 07-18-2006 10:06 AM

Quote:

You do realize how stupid this sounds, having posted it on Hockey's Future, do you not?

Root for the Sens, or maybe the Ducks if you want to see a cup next year.

Subban Fan 07-18-2006 10:15 AM

Useless post...
:shakehead

wade 07-18-2006 10:22 AM

Quote:

patience is a virtue and you dont have it.

dont deny it.. how many threads u started with lack of any patience?
I'll give u one example:
Quote:

07-05-2006, 09:25 AM #1
albertonhabsfan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is Anything ever going to happen or what?
lack of patience will do nuthin except turn u into a maple leaf

417 07-18-2006 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waffledave (Post 6054587)
I feel like I haven't seen you post in a long time.

I haven't...it kind of sucked coming here before all the moves