HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Funny comment from my girlfriend (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=272433)

waffledave 07-18-2006 09:49 AM

Funny comment from my girlfriend

So I've been trying to get my girlfriend to be more into hockey. She likes it but she's not as passionate about it as I am. I took her to about 15 games this past season and she loves being there live but not watching on TV.

Anyways, I know she likes to learn as much as she can about hockey so that we have more to talk about. She even has an account on HFboards but I don't think she's posted anything.

So today, I get a call from her a few minutes after getting into the office. She says "Hey! Did you know the Leafs lost Lindros? They're going to suck even more!!!!"

I just lost it! I love that she's becoming a little Leaf hater just like me!

CareyPrice x 31 07-18-2006 09:54 AM

lol!!

I got my ex gf into hockey too.

..while we were together she wasnt into it. partly the reason why i left her. About 4-5 months after i left her she calls me and she's like, Jay can you take me to a habs game, i wanna experience it live.

I was like ***??

I didnt do it but I plan on doing so this season. We got back together last week so i have no choice :P

Live Forever 07-18-2006 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waffledave (Post 6054959)
I love that she's becoming a little Leaf hater just like me!

What's more important is that she becomes a Habs fans :yo:

pavlako11 07-18-2006 10:11 AM

I hear ya!

I remember the first time I heard my g/f say the Leafs suck, and then hearing she was a Habs fan, that ALSO lives in Toronto... aaaaaah I'm in love... lol

coolguy21415 07-18-2006 10:33 AM

My ex didn't follow hockey until we went out, but then she decided to be a Leaf fan. I thought it was quaint at the time, like "Hey lets support the crappy team", but in the end it's one of the reasons we broke up.

HabuseMoi 07-18-2006 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Live Forever (Post 6055011)
What's more important is that she becomes a Habs fans :yo:

well it's more important to hate the leaf than to hate the habs in my opinion... we should have a televised debate on that one

RC51 07-18-2006 11:01 AM

So today, I get a call from her a few minutes after getting into the office. She says "Hey! Did you know the Leafs lost Lindros? They're going to suck even more!!!!

??

Hey if I got her Lindros would she suck even more:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Aarex 07-18-2006 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC51 (Post 6055608)
So today, I get a call from her a few minutes after getting into the office. She says "Hey! Did you know the Leafs lost Lindros? They're going to suck even more!!!!

??

Hey if I got her Lindros would she suck even more:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

??

Stefan 07-18-2006 11:07 AM

The funniest part is losing Lindros in itself is an improvement for the Leafs, but still a hilarious comment!

J-D 07-18-2006 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedScull (Post 6055307)
My ex didn't follow hockey until we went out, but then she decided to be a Leaf fan. I thought it was quaint at the time, like "Hey lets support the crappy team", but in the end it's one of the reasons we broke up.

Wow, looks like you didn't want a Romeo&Juliet type of relationship...

waffledave 07-18-2006 11:12 AM

Quote:

??

Yeah I don't get it.

Stefan 07-18-2006 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waffledave (Post 6055738)
Yeah I don't get it.

I third that.

HabsFather 07-18-2006 11:22 AM

i don't know about that...i love hockey and my g/f doesnt she finds it boring and leaves the room at first i was like yeah ill get her in to it...but now i won't because

When im bored i used to play xbox mainly Halo 2...she called me a loser for playing such a stupid game well one day i got sick of her calling me a loser and i said "how bout you try this game once and see if you still call me a loser"
Now my friends that was the first and last mistake ill ever make trying to get my girlfriend into the things i like because now she takes it over shes addicted to this game and i can't get her to stop...
So now i don't want to get her into hockey for that reason..because the way she yells at the people on live reminds me of how she would yell if Ryder missed a shot when he could have passed

Karl Pilkington 07-18-2006 11:24 AM

My girlfriend was a huge Leafs fan... :dunce:

Last season her and I watched a lot of games together and she eventually came around big time. What's funny is I didn't really do all that much.. she just came around on her own after seeing how entertaining they are and how much greater their fans are. :yo:

The icing on the cake was when she got her and I tickets to game six three rows up from center ice. Her dad is a little annoyed with her being converted.. but maybe he'll be next!:amazed:

habfan4 07-18-2006 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoseTheo (Post 6055861)
...The icing on the cake was when she got her and I tickets to game six three rows up from center ice. Her dad is a little annoyed with her being converted.. but maybe he'll be next!:amazed:

I don't have a daughter (no kids actually) but if I remember correctly from my dating days it's not the "conversion" to being a Hab fan that is pissing her father off.

tinyzombies 07-18-2006 12:01 PM

When I was in California, I took my gf to a SJ-PITT game right on the glass. Mario Lemieux! So, Mario scores a beautiful goal right in front of us (literally) along the goal-line that beats Nabokov. You might remember it, it was a highlight reel goal. Everyone in our section was absolutely blown-away. One of the most unreal things I've ever seen. I turn and look at my gf and she acts like nothing has happened....

:biglaugh:

Qui Gon Dave 07-18-2006 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-D (Post 6055736)
Wow, looks like you didn't want a Romeo&Juliet type of relationship...

What, one of those beautiful relationships where you kill each other/yourself? Who hasn't been involved in a couple of those relationships?

HabuseMoi 07-18-2006 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habfan4 (Post 6055896)
I don't have a daughter (no kids actually) but if I remember correctly from my dating days it's not the "conversion" to being a Hab fan that is pissing her father off.

yhea.. imagine her father...

"My daughter is fornicating with the ennemy"

how would you feel? :(

Talent Analyst 07-18-2006 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waffledave (Post 6054959)
So I've been trying to get my girlfriend to be more into hockey. She likes it but she's not as passionate about it as I am. I took her to about 15 games this past season and she loves being there live but not watching on TV.

Anyways, I know she likes to learn as much as she can about hockey so that we have more to talk about. She even has an account on HFboards but I don't think she's posted anything.

So today, I get a call from her a few minutes after getting into the office. She says "Hey! Did you know the Leafs lost Lindros? They're going to suck even more!!!!"

I just lost it! I love that she's becoming a little Leaf hater just like me!

Good luck to her :yo:

My mom favourite player is Radek Bonk :biglaugh: She say that when he's on the ice , no bad thing happen . Its a kind of real

habsprospects 07-18-2006 12:30 PM

Quote:

Hey if I got her Lindros would she suck even more

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rydified (Post 6055643)
??

Quote:

Originally Posted by waffledave (Post 6055738)
Yeah I don't get it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaHabsRule (Post 6055768)
I third that.

you must be kidding guys?

Stefan 07-18-2006 12:34 PM

Ohhh I get it, lol. He who laughs last, enjoys joke longest.

waffledave 07-18-2006 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thief50 (Post 6056670)
you must be kidding guys?

I still don't get it.

tritone 07-18-2006 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waffledave (Post 6057053)
I still don't get it.

Evidently you aren't getting it , but maybe Eric Lindros is ...suck....lindros, gf , more....get it yet?

waffledave 07-18-2006 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tritone (Post 6057096)
Evidently you aren't getting it , but maybe Eric Lindros is ...suck....lindros, gf , more....get it yet?

He's saying my girlfriend would give Lindros oral sex?

I still don't really get it. Kinda comes out of nowhere. It would be like someone saying "Hey I hear we signed Higgins to a one year contract" and I go "Higgins had sex with your mom!"

tritone 07-18-2006 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waffledave (Post 6057427)
He's saying my girlfriend would give Lindros oral sex?

I still don't really get it. Kinda comes out of nowhere. It would be like someone saying "Hey I hear we signed Higgins to a one year contract" and I go "Higgins had sex with your mom!"

Huh? I don't get it :biglaugh: