HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Pens-Preds proposal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=274456)

Super Reverse Homer 07-24-2006 12:55 PM

Pens-Preds proposal

Pens fan here. I rarely ever make trade proposals because it's much more fun to criticize other people's. :sarcasm: But given the recent trend of Ray Shero accumulating former Predators, I'd give it a shot here. I am not too sure if the value's there or not. So flame away if you think it's outrageous. I can take it like a big boy.

Here goes:
To Nashville: Ryan Whitney, Ryan Malone, 2007 3rd.
To Pittsburgh: Dan Hamhuis, 2007 4th.

R A D I C K 07-24-2006 01:22 PM

Unfortunately, we here in the south are simply too polite to allow you make this deal. Not a knock on the dealer, but IMHO, methinks you giveth too much. Pittsburg would require an additional two first round picks.

Joe T Choker 07-24-2006 01:27 PM

let me put it this way ... there is no way in Hades that Hamhuis gets moved let alone for THAT kind of proposal ... I along with Poile would probably PASS on that ... we'd need a bonafide center coming back this way if we were to give up Hamhuis ... and that last name would not be Malkin

Super Reverse Homer 07-24-2006 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seamus O' Toole (Post 6110451)
let me put it this way ... there is no way in Hades that Hamhuis gets moved let alone for THAT kind of proposal ... I along with Poile would probably PASS on that ... we'd need a bonafide center coming back this way if we were to give up Hamhuis ... and that last name would not be Malkin

Maybe I am reading it wrong, but are you saying the Preds won't give up Hamhuis even if Malkin were offered?

Joe T Choker 07-24-2006 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tallpenguin (Post 6110500)
Maybe I am reading it wrong, but are you saying the Preds won't give up Hamhuis even if Malkin were offered?

not what I'm saying ... the centers involved would have to be either 1) Staal or 2) Crosby

I don't want that headache & that RSL transfer agreement BS that Russia still hasn't signed

R A D I C K 07-24-2006 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seamus O' Toole (Post 6110510)
not what I'm saying ... the centers involved would have to be either 1) Staal or 2) Crosby

I don't want that headache & that RSL transfer agreement BS that Russia still hasn't signed

I disagree. I think Hamhuis, as far as general player value goes, would trade for much less.

Super Reverse Homer 07-24-2006 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seamus O' Toole (Post 6110510)

Crosby is a nonstarter for sure. That's franchise suicide for us.

Staal...don't know what I feel about him in terms of his potential yet. I can't place a finger on what I could ask for if Staal were being dangled. Hamhuis + pick? Weber + pick? Klein + a young winger?

triggrman 07-24-2006 01:46 PM

I agree with Radick.

While I love Hamhuis, if they offered Malkin for him, I'd do it.

How about Whitney and Orpik for Hamhuis and Klein?

Super Reverse Homer 07-24-2006 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman (Post 6110690)
How about Whitney and Orpik for Hamhuis and Klein?

I will fly over from Beijing, rent the car, and drive them to the airport myself.

triggrman 07-24-2006 01:59 PM

Yeah, after reading that it doesn't look very good maybe take Klein out and I'd do it. Orpik can be great.

golfmade 07-24-2006 10:02 PM

Pass.

barrytrotzsneck 07-24-2006 11:06 PM

there would have to be something that i simply couldn't pass up for me to want to let hamhuis go. that kid has so much wade redden in him that it's scary.

hillbilly 07-27-2006 08:56 AM

I'd like to have Orpik on the preds. Him and Weber are both devestating hitters.

triggrman 07-27-2006 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillbilly (Post 6139397)
I'd like to have Orpik on the preds. Him and Weber are both devestating hitters.

That was my reason too. Weber and Orpik together would be awesome.

barrytrotzsneck 07-27-2006 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillbilly (Post 6139397)

orpik is a great hitter, but at the end of the day...

would you rather have darius kasparaitis(and i'm being gracious to Orpik, here) than Wade Redden? I wouldn't.