HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Latendresse's Centre (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=274473)

neopreneur 07-24-2006 01:43 PM

Latendresse's Centre

If Lats were to make the team, beside which Centre would he collect the most goals?

Edit: Totally hypothetical... don't tell me there's no room beside Ribeiro because Samsonov and Kovalev are there already...

flappuck 07-24-2006 01:44 PM

Koivu is our best center so... I'd say Koivu.

Louis Houde 07-24-2006 01:47 PM

latendresse would fit right in with Mike Ribeiro

DerekT 07-24-2006 01:51 PM

Plekanec. Probably wouldn't hold onto the puck as long as Ribs or Koivu would, and thus give more Lats chances.

Talent Analyst 07-24-2006 02:17 PM

Koivu .. :bow:

Dr_Hook 07-24-2006 03:54 PM

Of our centers AT THIS MOMENT, I have no choice to say Koivu, cause until further notice the other one is Ribs...:help:

But I think the best linemate for Gui would be Kovalev, who likes to handle the puck a long time, which he could do plenty while Gui gets in the open or drives the net to put home a rebound of one of Kovy's famous wristers :yo:

Put Ryder in a deal for a center and, voila

Samso - Koivu - Higgins
Lats - gomez/Brière/whoever - Kovy
Perez - Plek - Johnson

Munchausen 07-24-2006 06:14 PM

Koivu. Not only is he our best center, but he's got a proven track record when it comes to helping kids who play alongside him (look at Ryder, look at Higgins, look at Perezhogin at the start of last season. The first 2 also commented on the help he provided in their development).

Marchy79 07-24-2006 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninot (Post 6110758)
Plekanec. Probably wouldn't hold onto the puck as long as Ribs or Koivu would, and thus give more Lats chances.

Agreed... Also, I think Lats is going to be a front of the net kinda player... Pleks has some fireball in him... However on this team, I think itès more important to address who is his LWèr. In this case, I believe it would have to be one of either Perezhogin, or Samsonov.

Habsy 07-24-2006 07:32 PM

GL will not make the team this year. Point is moot.

Marchy79 07-24-2006 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsy (Post 6114316)
GL will not make the team this year. Point is moot.

I agree with you... Not a big enough roster spot for Gui.

DerekT 07-24-2006 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost # 1 (Post 6114296)
Agreed... Also, I think Lats is going to be a front of the net kinda player... Pleks has some fireball in him... However on this team, I think itès more important to address who is his LWèr. In this case, I believe it would have to be one of either Perezhogin, or Samsonov.

Lats is listed as LW for the Q. :dunno:

And it's a hypothetical question, so how can it be a moot point exactly?

Marchy79 07-25-2006 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninot (Post 6114738)
Lats is listed as LW for the Q. :dunno:

And it's a hypothetical question, so how can it be a moot point exactly?

Its a hypothetical question that will not come to fruition this year (which is the point I agreed to with that post...

As for the LW and RW thing... Gui was and is drafted as a Right Winger. in camp he was on the right wing, so potentially, he will be a hab RWer when he does impact the club. Higgins was a center all the way through, but the minute he was habs property, he all but became a LWer... same goes for Marcel Hossa, and others...

Guillaumès first camp had him at RW... IMO management has him pencilled in as a RWer...

I did answer the question though... I believe it to be Pleks, they IMO may have chemistry... longer term, and I may even believe Aubin might be a great fit...
But thats where this question is in terms of practicality (far off, 1-2 maybe even 3years away).

goalchenyuk 07-25-2006 06:23 PM

with Ribeiro for sure ! they did very well last season , with Perezhogin ...