HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Which line do you think will produce more offense next year? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=274684)

Souray44 07-24-2006 11:48 PM

Which line do you think will produce more offense next year?

I'm just wondering which of our top 2 lines would you consider our #1 line in terms of offensive output.

It's very close but I think I would have to go with Samsonov - Ribs - Kovalev

We've got two amazing lines but I think that in terms of pure offense this has to be our #1 line.

ChemiseBleuHonnete 07-25-2006 12:27 AM

the lines will change, and that probably won't be the lines of the home opener.

hockey_nut 07-25-2006 12:30 AM

i went with our first line... just because i have a feeling ryder will really break out this year... and i think koivu will have another 70pt year... higgins should have a 50pt one

however, i also think sammy and kovy will click together and ribs will turn around (i prefer we trade him though)

Blades 0f Steel 07-25-2006 12:38 AM

I really hope a line of Samsonov-Ribeiro-Kovalev does well. That said, there's not much indication that they will do better than a Higgins-Koivu-Ryder line, which people tend to forget was on fire in games after the Olympic break.

I can't see both lines sticking that way well into October. As a Hab fan, I'm just not used to it.

Fozz 07-25-2006 06:59 AM

Say hello to Mike Ribeiro... The Habs #1 line center!

David_99 07-25-2006 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fozz (Post 6117796)

:eek:

Habs 4 Life 07-25-2006 08:08 AM

I voted for the Samsonov -Ribeiro-Kovalev line.But the one that stays healthy the most will have the best season;)

Hab at it 07-25-2006 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fozz (Post 6117796)

What a truely disgusting thought. :shakehead We will go nowhere, fast with that puke as our first line centerman.

Fozz 07-25-2006 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hab at it (Post 6118361)
What a truely disgusting thought. :shakehead We will go nowhere, fast with that puke as our first line centerman.

Hopefully, what you think of him will change this year. The table is set for him to perform... Bad influences like Theodore and Dagenais are gone and he has 2 excellent wingers on his side. If he can't break out this year, I don't think he ever will.

SOLR 07-25-2006 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fozz (Post 6118483)
Hopefully, what you think of him will change this year. The table is set for him to perform... Bad influences like Theodore and Dagenais are gone and he has 2 excellent wingers on his side. If he can't break out this year, I don't think he ever will.

And he got some competition pushing him.(Grabo)

I totally agree, he will be traded quick if it doesnt work.(Xmas)

phil 07-25-2006 10:02 AM

wow two nice lines we have there... can't wait for the season to start

Hab at it 07-25-2006 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fozz (Post 6118483)

Don't count on it. While I'll always support this team I'll never like Ribby, he could lead the league in points and I still won't like him. He's a whiner, diver, heartless player who by his own admission doesn't step up when the team needs him to and every single time he opens his mouth he makes a fool of himself.

wholeshow* 07-25-2006 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOLR (Post 6118650)
And he got some competition pushing him.(Grabo)

I totally agree, he will be traded quick if it doesnt work.(Xmas)

yah, i hope grabovsky amazes everyone and steals ribs' job.
i bet grabs could get 60+ points in his first nhl season if he were to start this fall.

Talent Analyst 07-25-2006 12:14 PM

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder

hab 07-25-2006 12:31 PM

I could see the lines being changed to;

sampsonov koivu ryder

higgins robiero kovalev

and I would have to go with the koivu line for most points with ryder coming close to 40 goals, koivu in the high teens, and sampsonov around 25.

higgins should be good for 25, and kovalev around 30, with robiero around 10- 15 goals and large assists

I think the real make or break offensively will be the 3rd and 4th lines, pleky and perez along with bonk and johnson, we should get some decent offence from them
but you never know, bonk and johnson could prove useless, and perez could score 20, or maybe not, a real question mark...

larue* 07-25-2006 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talent Analyst (Post 6119900)
Higgins - Koivu - Ryder

Me too.......Higgins will be a standout next year and lead that line. I pedict double the points for Higgins alone so somewheres around 70 pts.