HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Clarke on Comrie rumors (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=27519)

mrs9x 11-12-2003 05:42 AM

Clarke on Comrie rumors

"Yeah, right, I want Comrie," Clarke said, shaking his head. Winter "sent me a tape on Comrie. We don't want him. We don't have room for him. We don't need a small centerman. What would we do with him?

"You can't play in the Eastern Conference and our division without some big centers in your lineup. Handzus and [Keith] Primeau are both 6-5. [Jeremy] Roenick isn't small, either. Lapointe is, but he is a fireplug.

"I like our centers. I'm not going to mess around with them just to get a smaller player."

That about says it all right there, so quit wasting time on Comrie rumors.

blah 11-12-2003 05:51 AM

Damn Clarke way to put that to rest. lol.

Steve L* 11-12-2003 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blah
Damn Clarke way to put that to rest. lol.

Yeah, he needs to save Williams and Gagne to trade for Sean Burke at the deadline.

blah 11-12-2003 07:04 AM

Beats dealing them for an oompa loompa.

Teezax 11-12-2003 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve L
Yeah, he needs to save Williams and Gagne to trade for Sean Burke at the deadline.

You'd actualyl give up both of them for Burke? That's ugly.
You're trading away our future stars for a guy with a couple of years left in his tank. That would be reminiscent of a certain Oates for the World deal a couple of years ago.

Cuiff 11-12-2003 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teezax
You'd actualyl give up both of them for Burke? That's ugly.
You're trading away our future stars for a guy with a couple of years left in his tank. That would be reminiscent of a certain Oates for the World deal a couple of years ago.

I think he was being sarcastic

Flyers26 11-12-2003 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cuiffitelli
I think he was being sarcastic

Ya think?? :joker:

GoneFullHextall 11-12-2003 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrs9x
"Yeah, right, I want Comrie," Clarke said, shaking his head. Winter "sent me a tape on Comrie. We don't want him. We don't have room for him. We don't need a small centerman. What would we do with him?

"You can't play in the Eastern Conference and our division without some big centers in your lineup. Handzus and [Keith] Primeau are both 6-5. [Jeremy] Roenick isn't small, either. Lapointe is, but he is a fireplug.

"I like our centers. I'm not going to mess around with them just to get a smaller player."

in Clarkelanguage™ that means he will be here by Thanksgiving ;)

mrs9x 11-12-2003 09:28 AM

I'm just glad...

I'm happy Clarke has put these stupid Handzus for Comrie rumors to rest. I think he is telling the truth, Clarke has never really liked smallish forwards.

However, I think I'd try to move Gagne at this point. He just seems to be injured all the time, and when he plays, he seems lost out there. I'd love to make a swap with Phoenix for Shane Doan, but I don't know if Gagne for Doan straight up would work.

Rex8 11-12-2003 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
in Clarkelanguage™ that means he will be here by Thanksgiving ;)

Man, that is exactly what I was thinking.
I actually hope he is not bullsh ing us this time.
Although Comrie is a young, solid player - I think moving Handzus would be stupid this year as he has been great the last year and a half in both ends of the ice. Yes he is slow, but is in great position, has good hands, and will take a hit or block shots or anything it takes to win. Can never have enough of those guys who are also big.

stanley 11-12-2003 11:08 AM

I won't fully believe that Clarke wouldn't listen to Comrie proposals until he's actually traded someplace. However, I have never for one second believed and I will not believe that he has any interest whatsoever in trading Handzus. The guy does so many things well, he's just entering his prime, he's having a good year, and his play has been credited in large part with rejuvenating LeClair's game. Plus, the team is playing Hitchcock-like hockey and they're winning. Tinkering with this mixture now would be silly.

Again, I would bite with Comrie, but the only guy I would move off the roster at this point in time would be Gagne, and you'd have to slip me a couple bucks under the table and really tie back my hands to get that. As I think about it more, I don't even think I'd move Gagne. He has been pretty ineffective the past year, but he does have excuses. After the end of this season, having game-breaking players in their early twenties (read: relatively cheap) will be like having the cow in your corner. I don't know what that means, but it HAS to be good.

If I were GM, I might be willing to talk for a prospect or commodities not on the roster, but not a roster player.

You know, as I think about it even more, Clarke has a point - he is already four-deep at center (recall that I am completely unconvinced he would ever consider getting smaller up the middle and for their most versatile player at that) and Patrick Sharp seems to be able to step in if needed. I don't think Sharp is more talented than Comrie, but he's cheaper and the organization can option him across the parking lot. Yeah, Comrie more and more seems like a bad fit for the Flyers.

Shadowtron 11-12-2003 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blah
Beats dealing them for an oompa loompa.

Hey!! Leave the oompa loompa's out of this!! They are kind folk and make candy for us.

I know this goes off the topic a little, but was I the only kid who dreamed of eating one of the dozers in Fraggle Rock? Maybe lance one of them with those crystal rods they were always making and just crunch their little bones to powder. Was I the only one? I don't think so.

blah 11-12-2003 11:44 AM

lol fraggle rock, anybody know if they have some episodes on dvd?

FlyersGuy69 11-12-2003 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowtron
Hey!! Leave the oompa loompa's out of this!! They are kind folk and make candy for us.

I know this goes off the topic a little, but was I the only kid who dreamed of eating one of the dozers in Fraggle Rock? Maybe lance one of them with those crystal rods they were always making and just crunch their little bones to powder. Was I the only one? I don't think so.

lol, I always thought that they would make great target practice with a bee-bee gun too.

Diesel 11-12-2003 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrs9x

umm... could you give us a link to the article where clarke said this?

panayiotis 11-12-2003 10:43 PM

Of Course

You yahoos! Comrie is not a Clarke type guy. Do you even pay attention? And Boobie is right on. Comrie is over-rated and Winter is a bad agent. Just ask Hextall.

daynus 11-14-2003 07:30 AM

BS to that crap too

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve L

that above listed speculation is 110 BS.

daynus 11-14-2003 07:33 AM

Comrie can go @@@@ hisself

i want that carp on the flyers, not in this lifetime. overrated bum. he can stay in edmonton and sell tv's and beds for his old man.

two huge thumbs up for clarke :handclap: :handclap: :handclap:

Steve L* 11-14-2003 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daynus
that above listed speculation is 110 BS.

Its called sarcasm.