HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Yet another Biron to Colorado proposal... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=27525)

TehDoak 11-12-2003 06:11 AM

Yet another Biron to Colorado proposal...

I know I know, this has been beaten like a dead horse, But I'm curious to get some feedback from Av fans

To Buffalo: Tanguay, Ballard
To Colorado: Biron, Dumont, 2nd.

I would really love to see Buffalo add some more scoring up front, and Tanguay would add that. Dumont has been playing well of late, and I suspect he would bloom if he played in Colorado on that offense. And I want Ballard back!!

Foppa_Rules 11-12-2003 06:37 AM

Ballard is our last prospect. You don't expect Laroix to give him up do you?? Of course he will!! Lacroix likes to give away prospects..... Win now, think about the future later.

Foppa_Rules 11-12-2003 06:43 AM

And you can NOT have ANY members of the Forsberg line.

Ajacied 11-12-2003 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foppa_Rules
And you can NOT have ANY members of the Forsberg line.

Gee, no Tanguay, Hedjuk, no Morris. You don't trade guys like Foote, Blake, Sakic and Forsberg, while Kariya and Selanne have ntc's.

Yet this fanbase still expects to land former vezina winners and top 10 netminders?

Goodluck..

Ensane 11-12-2003 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modano = God
Gee, no Tanguay, Hedjuk, no Morris. You don't trade guys like Foote, Blake, Sakic and Forsberg, while Kariya and Selanne have ntc's.

Yet this fanbase still expects to land former vezina winners and top 10 netminders?

Goodluck..

Biron's a top 10? Not in my book he isn't.

It's not about not wanting to give up the aforementioned talents, it's more about not wanting to give them up for unsure commodities. Furthermore, you wouldn't expect the Avs to give one of them up for a netminder who's well into his mid-thirties despite being a former Vezina winner?

Unless someone like Theodore, Khabibulin, Giguere, or maybe Luongo were coming the other way, then yes, Tanguay, Hejduk and Morris are ALL out of hte question. Over summer Tanguay would have been a maybe, but considering that he's leading the league in scoring currently? C'mon now...

MOOSE55 11-12-2003 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdoak
I know I know, this has been beaten like a dead horse, But I'm curious to get some feedback from Av fans

I would really love to see Buffalo add some more scoring up front, and Tanguay would add that. Dumont has been playing well of late, and I suspect he would bloom if he played in Colorado on that offense. And I want Ballard back!!

This sounds fair to me

wazee 11-12-2003 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdoak

mdoak, I just do not think that Biron is the Avs first choice for a goalie this year. I think they are looking for a more experienced goalie who they can get without giving up much off their current roster. Biron would be a good choice if they were looking to win it all a couple of years from now, but the Avs are in it to win this year.

Besides all that...I think Tanguay's hot start has made it fair less likely that he will be traded and trading one of the league's leading scorers for Biron is overpaying in any case...but especially in the case of the goalie glut that exists this year...

Ajacied 11-12-2003 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ensane
Biron's a top 10? Not in my book he isn't.

This does not directly concerns Biron, but the bigger ones such as Kolzig, Nabo and Theodore, who have been rumored around here the past few days. Maybe I did not post it in the proper thread, my bad, but you get the point.

Quote:

It's not about not wanting to give up the aforementioned talents, it's more about not wanting to give them up for unsure commodities.

Kolzig is an unsure commoditie? Sorry Ensane but that's.. well insane. ;) Kolzig might have been inconsistant over the years but he has proven to be a money goalie that has performed when it matters the most. He took a mediocre team all the way to the finals and has a Vezina trophy to boot. He's skilled and absolutely dominant at times, usually when his defense plays solid, but playing behind only 2, maybe 3 NHL calibre defensemen will not exactly boost your consistency and/or statistics.

Quote:

Furthermore, you wouldn't expect the Avs to give one of them up for a netminder who's well into his mid-thirties despite being a former Vezina winner?

Actually, yes I would. Getting Kolzig would have them in a league of their own as the Cup favorite's by a rather rediculous margain and I bet my left nuts on it the Avs would love to be in that position and willing to sacrafice the needed talent to land him. The Avs are a team that is simply hard to satisfie, they are always looking for upgrades that not only makes them league's best, but league's best by a distant.

Lacroix loves these type of deals as he has shown in the past, though to somewhat lesser degrees (Kasperitus, Fleury, Bourque, etc..).. And it wouldn't shock me if Lacroix deals for Kolzig, let alone overpay. hell, I even expect him to.

Quote:

Unless someone like Theodore, Khabibulin, Giguere, or maybe Luongo were coming the other way, then yes, Tanguay, Hejduk and Morris are ALL out of hte question. Over summer Tanguay would have been a maybe, but considering that he's leading the league in scoring currently? C'mon now...

Neither fit the bill the Avs prefer, they and especially Lacroix prefer the proven commodities over the promesing kids. It's all about getting that Cup and improve your squat NOW, it's allways been like this with the Avs. Whether how they will look like in the future will be fixed at that time, and they usually end up doing a pretty darn good job I'd say.

Ensane 11-12-2003 07:29 AM

Not that I wouldn't mind getting Kolzig (aside from my pipe dream in Khabibulin he's my hopeful candidate), however I would at the current time not deal Tanguay, Hejduk, or Morris to get him. His age and salary need to be taken into consideration, as well as the fact that it's a buyer's market and Kolzig's team has been publicly open about wanting to dump salary.

If one of the three is included in a Kolzig talk, then there better be a Gonchar somewhere in the talks too. If not, the Avs get fleeced in the worst way possible.

nucks2001 11-12-2003 07:32 AM

Biron is not that much better than Aebischer. Biron is just further along. If Colorado goes after a goalie it will be a Kolzig like one who will be better prepared to help them win it all THIS year.

st_roland 11-12-2003 11:08 AM

This is stupid. I dont want biron. Hes a good young goalie, but isn't playoff tested. The aves time is now, we aren't going to trade huge pieces of our team for a goalie who will help us win in the future. We already have 3 very good young goalies(Abby, Sauve, Budaj). Also, if we get rid of Tanguay, who do we have that'll fit on our second line. The closest I can think of is Kono. I think at the trade deadline we'll be able to pickup a good older goalie(Burke, Kolzig...maybe Cujo if we're desperate) for picks and prospects. Stop with these senseless Biron offers.

TehDoak 11-12-2003 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st_roland
This is stupid. I dont want biron. Hes a good young goalie, but isn't playoff tested. The aves time is now, we aren't going to trade huge pieces of our team for a goalie who will help us win in the future. We already have 3 very good young goalies(Abby, Sauve, Budaj). Also, if we get rid of Tanguay, who do we have that'll fit on our second line. The closest I can think of is Kono. I think at the trade deadline we'll be able to pickup a good older goalie(Burke, Kolzig...maybe Cujo if we're desperate) for picks and prospects. Stop with these senseless Biron offers.

Dumont would do very well on your second line, actually. Tanguay has alot better personell around them, so the numbers forn Tanguay are alot better, but I think Dumont would do just as well in the same circumstances.

RE-HABS 11-12-2003 04:29 PM

Tanguay is tied with Kovalchuk for the league lead in points and the Av's trade him for Biron?

The Sabres would be all over this, they dump salary plus they get to play Miller and Norenen (who are better than Biron).

Why would the Av's go after Biron, he isn't a grade higher or any better than Aebisher...if anything he would be Aebishers back-up and you don't trade your top line winger for a back up.

st_roland 11-12-2003 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RE-HABS
Tanguay is tied with Kovalchuk for the league lead in points and the Av's trade him for Biron?

The Sabres would be all over this, they dump salary plus they get to play Miller and Norenen (who are better than Biron).

Why would the Av's go after Biron, he isn't a grade higher or any better than Aebisher...if anything he would be Aebishers back-up and you don't trade your top line winger for a back up.

Ehh..Actually I think Biron would be an upgrade over Abby, but I wouldn't rest the suscess of this season on his shoulders. If we were planning for the future, he'd be an awesome guy to have though. He looked great tonight, too.

andora 11-12-2003 09:47 PM

what a piss poor beaten to death horse..

BIRON DOES NOTHING FOR THE AVS... NOTHING !!! NO BIRON

aebischer =/>/< biron.. which means no fricken point...

RoyIsALegend* 11-12-2003 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andora's box
what a piss poor beaten to death horse..

BIRON DOES NOTHING FOR THE AVS... NOTHING !!! NO BIRON

aebischer =/>/< biron.. which means no fricken point...

me thinks u need to come to smoke a joint with me homeboy.

<3

- rial

andora 11-12-2003 10:01 PM

:p.. it'll just put me to sleep..

Freudian 11-13-2003 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modano = God
This does not directly concerns Biron, but the bigger ones such as Kolzig, Nabo and Theodore, who have been rumored around here the past few days. Maybe I did not post it in the proper thread, my bad, but you get the point.

If we are talking Kolzig or Khabibulin, I would expect the names of Tanguay/Morris popping up. But not for Biron. And it would depend on who is the buyer and who is the seller in the trade.