HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Vancouver Canucks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   'Nucks @ Flyers GDT, Nov. 13/03 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=27543)

Thalia 11-12-2003 06:54 AM

'Nucks @ Flyers GDT, Nov. 13/03

http://espn.go.com/i/teamlogos/nhl/lrg/trans/van.gif@http://espn.go.com/i/teamlogos/nhl/lrg/trans/phi.gif

Date: Thursday, Nov. 13/03
Time: 4:00 PST
Broadcast: Sportsnet (TV)
Listen: CKNW (Radio)

Time to move onto the next game. Too bad the 'Nucks couldn't have gotten a tie last night b/c they played well enough to deserve it and I think this next game will be a lot more challenging.

Post your comments and predictions here and discuss.

I'm going to go ahead and predict a loss for the Canucks on this one.

'Nucks 2
Flyers 4

Edit: Looks like Jovo didn't make the trip and won't play tomorrow.

Quote:

ICE CHIPS: The Canucks meet the Flyers on Thursday night in Philadelphia. ... Defenceman Ed Jovanovski remains in Vancouver nursing a bruised thingh and probably won't join the team on this three-game trip.
http://www.canada.com/vancouver/spor...E-96BA5E5E32A5

Peter Griffin 11-12-2003 07:06 AM

I think this game will be a loss for the Nucks as well.

Canucks 2- Naslund and D.Sedin
Flyers 3- Amonte, Gagne, and Pitkanen.

kmad 11-12-2003 07:30 AM

I think that Hackett won't get the lucky breaks that Roloson got. 2-1 Vancouver, goals from King and Sopel for Van, Roenick for Philly.

incawg 11-12-2003 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmad
I think that Hackett won't get the lucky breaks that Roloson got. 2-1 Vancouver, goals from King and Sopel for Van, Roenick for Philly.

I've heard that it will be esche.

monster_bertuzzi 11-12-2003 07:54 AM

Hey the Flyers have to lose at home eventually dont they?

4-2 Nucks

Bertuzzi, Naslund, D.Sedin, May

Gagne, Recchi

John Flyers Fan 11-12-2003 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by incawg

Yes, Esche will play.

Same score as last year would be just fine.

Whinks 11-12-2003 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thalia
Edit: Looks like Jovo didn't make the trip and won't play tomorrow.

ICE CHIPS: The Canucks meet the Flyers on Thursday night in Philadelphia. ... Defenceman Ed Jovanovski remains in Vancouver nursing a bruised thingh and probably won't join the team on this three-game trip.

Or hes avoiding Primeau because of what happened last year?
:D

Connecticut 11-12-2003 08:32 AM

2-2 tie. Third period goal by Morrison to tie it. First one by Keane from Ohlund.

kmad 11-12-2003 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by incawg

I think that Esche won't get the lucky breaks that Roloson got. 2-1 Vancouver, goals from King and Sopel for Van, Roenick for Philly.

nucks2001 11-12-2003 09:31 AM

If Philly scores first 3-1 Philly. If Vancouver scores first 4-1 Vancouver

Thalia 11-12-2003 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nucks2001
If Philly scores first 3-1 Philly. If Vancouver scores first 4-1 Vancouver

Why is that? I'm just wondering b/c I rarely watch Philly games. 'Nucks just don't play them much and they're hardly ever shown out west unless they play Toronto. Another question to anyone: What's Esche like; is he any good?

John Flyers Fan 11-12-2003 09:41 AM

Quote:

Why is that? I'm just wondering b/c I rarely watch Philly games. 'Nucks just don't play them much and they're hardly ever shown out west unless they play Toronto. Another question to anyone: What's Esche like; is he any good?

Esche is good, athletic goalie, not always the most technically sound, more of like a CuJo style.

Has been very good so far this year:

Last 4 games he is 4-0-0 1.00 GAA & .953 sv%
won defensive player of the week 2 weeks ago.

I can't see the Flyers losing 4-1 the way they've been playing. If they lose it will be a tight game. 5-0-2 at home.

nucks2001 11-12-2003 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
Esche is good, athletic goalie, not always the most technically sound, more of like a CuJo style.

Has been very good so far this year:

Last 4 games he is 4-0-0 1.00 GAA & .953 sv%
won defensive player of the week 2 weeks ago.

I can't see the Flyers losing 4-1 the way they've been playing. If they lose it will be a tight game. 5-0-2 at home.

The only reason i say 4-1 is because if Vancouver gets ahead, Philly will open it up eventually and Vancouver will jump on them.. 4-1 would be with an empty netter as well.

John Flyers Fan 11-12-2003 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nucks2001
The only reason i say 4-1 is because if Vancouver gets ahead, Philly will open it up eventually and Vancouver will jump on them.. 4-1 would be with an empty netter as well.

We'll only open it up if we get down 3 goals
or
If we're down a goal or two under 10 minutes to go.

Thalia 11-12-2003 10:45 AM

Apparently Fedoruk's out with a facial injury he received from Cairns during the Isles game the other night.

We're down to only facing one goon now. Yay, things are looking up for May... he only receives one beating instead of two! :handclap:

John Flyers Fan 11-12-2003 11:04 AM

Quote:

Apparently Fedoruk's out with a facial injury he received from Cairns during the Isles game the other night.

We're down to only facing one goon now. Yay, things are looking up for May... he only receives one beating instead of two! :handclap:

I'll be surprised if May fights Brashear. A shame that JoVo won't be playing this year, he received a nice little beating last year. :D

MaDTaZ 11-12-2003 11:24 AM

There will not be any fights just hard checking from all teams involved

Flyers 4
Canucks2

Regards

MaDTaZ

Thalia 11-12-2003 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
I'll be surprised if May fights Brashear. A shame that JoVo won't be playing this year, he received a nice little beating last year. :D

I just think it'd be plain dumb for May to fight Brashear; he doesn't stand a chance and will only end up hurting himself. Either that or he'll hurt the team by deflating them; no one gets a lift when one of their players has to be scraped off the ice.

Jovo can take care of himself. He's not a fighter by any means but if pushed he'll retaliate pretty good. I think you're referring to the Primeau (?) incident last season when Jovo received a single punch that dropped him and sent him for stitches; that rarely happens with Jovo.

Doesn't matter anyway b/c he probably won't be playing and that's not a bad thing b/c we need him to heal so he'll be back on the blueline asap. Hopefully he'll be okay for the Bruins' game but something tells me he won't make the trip just for that game b/c air travel is not good for those who have injured legs.

Edler Von Gud 11-12-2003 11:35 AM

I don't why but I have a feeling the Canucks will win this one and snap the Flyers home streak.

I'll go with 3-2 in a tight game with the Canucks special teams being key in the victory.

Canucks goals: Cooke, Bertuzzi, Arvedsson
Flyer goals: Gange, Amonte

Castor Troy 11-12-2003 12:07 PM

Here's some good news... apparently Jovo joined the team and is a game-time decision...

Sportsnet Report

We always get up for big games, and the Flyers are one of the hotter teams in the league right now. Let's hope playing against a fast, offensive-minded team like us brings the Flyers out of their defensive game and into a barn-burner. Lookin forward to this one.

Thalia 11-12-2003 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Castor Troy
Here's some good news... apparently Jovo joined the team and is a game-time decision...

Sportsnet Report

We always get up for big games, and the Flyers are one of the hotter teams in the league right now. Let's hope playing against a fast, offensive-minded team like us brings the Flyers out of their defensive game and into a barn-burner. Lookin forward to this one.

That IS good news! My guess is, is that if he was well enough to make the long trip, he'll be well enough to play.

Then again, I'm not a doctor so who knows.

MaDTaZ 11-12-2003 12:45 PM

Ok my last post was with Jov not being there

Flyer 4
Canucks 3

Jov will get a goal

heheheh

Same result thou Flyers WIN!!

Sorry canucks fan

Regards

MaDTaZ :dunno:

Reign Nateo 11-12-2003 01:41 PM

I'll say the Flyers will pull this one out at home that incredibly stacked line-up in Philadelphia has come around and they are hot, Vancouver has played mediovre recently. The Flyers will take this one handily.

quat 11-12-2003 01:45 PM

If the Canucks play as well defensively as they have at times this season, this will be a close and interesting game. It will be interesting to see how tough the Nucks are when facing the Flyers size and speed. The Canucks are capable of beating the Flyers, but I don't think they'll take this one.

Flyers fans have a lot to be happy about with their team this season, but can anyone really be that impressed with how Primeau has played? For such a big guy, he seems to have always come up a little short (heh), with his game.

Like the rookie on D, and Esche is putting up some great stats. The biggest thing for this team? They are following the coach as a team. Hitch's defensive blanket is very successful, and he's got lot's of talent to work with.

Win or lose, it should be a fantastic game for fans of hockey.

The Produce Man 11-12-2003 02:04 PM

Such negativity. Have faith people ;)

Personally, I think it'll be a little more open then the game against the Wild, and we'll capitalize on a few mistakes.

Canucks 3
Flyers 2

Canuck goals by Malik, Bertuzzi and Linden.

Flyer goals by Leclair and Primeau.