HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Which hfboards member would you like to see join the media? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=276889)

tinyzombies 08-01-2006 01:11 AM

Which hfboards member would you like to see join the media?

If you had a choice, which hfboards member would you like to see join the media, either to get their own opinion column, or to go on 110% and slug it out with Michel or Marc?

Jeffrey 08-01-2006 01:17 AM

417 to montreal seems like a nice choice ..
i know i would like to shut them up.

RaTcine 08-01-2006 06:33 AM

montreal
he deserves it more than anyone here...

Le Tricolore 08-01-2006 06:36 AM

wildone.

I just think it'd be funny.

mcphee 08-01-2006 06:58 AM

I'd love to see Montreal [Dan] find an outlet for prospect updates. The English media does a terrible job of this. Hickey devotes some space,but basically only offers info we've seen here weeks before. He does the work,puts in the time, I'd love to see it payoff.

Freaky Habs Fan 08-01-2006 07:14 AM

Well, I will join the media in a couple of years...don't know where, don't know which one, but I'm studying for it...

And if somebody had to steel my job, I wish it would be Dan...

Rise from the Ashes 08-01-2006 07:20 AM

Dan

VirginiaMtlExpat 08-01-2006 07:22 AM

I'd like to see a Great White North (from SCTV) type of show with McPhee and Gros Bill, mulling over the last game or the draft, while grilling some back bacon.
http://sctvguide.ca/programs/mckenzie.htm

toshiro 08-01-2006 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raketheleaves (Post 6180909)
If you had a choice, which hfboards member would you like to see join the media, either to get their own opinion column, or to go on 110% and slug it out with Michel or Marc?

Montreal Whitesnake McPhee Guardien are a few.

habscout 08-01-2006 07:28 AM

Blind Gardien would get my vote.

mcphee 08-01-2006 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GermanyMontrealExpat (Post 6181655)
I'd like to see a Great White North (from SCTV) type of show with McPhee and Gros Bill, mulling over the last game or the draft, while grilling some back bacon.
http://sctvguide.ca/programs/mckenzie.htm

I think I'd enjoy that, even if it wasn't on camera.

habfan4 08-01-2006 08:17 AM

Montreal should be on everyones list, his prospect reports are fantastic and very much appreciated.

I find that Mike8, Marc the Habs Fan & 417 to MTL's posts are spot on. To give the show a global flavour, I think you'd have to include Qui Gon Dave. For the Quebecois angle Beatnik gets my vote. Then add a little levity from mcphee and Gros Bill (occassional guest appearance by Brisebois).

Darz 08-01-2006 08:22 AM

I've always liked Dan's article's and would rank alot of his stuff higher than alot of the professional writers I read now, so....

I would also vote for Gros Bill, because......um, well I vote Gros Bill for everything, so....

I also think Mcphee should have a weekly column is a major newspaper. I don't even know if it would be a hockey column, just a 'my thoughts' type thing.

deandebean 08-01-2006 08:22 AM

McPhee by a mile. He'd be, like, the Camil DesRoches of 110%.

mcphee 08-01-2006 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habfan4 (Post 6181885)
Montreal should be on everyones list, his prospect reports are fantastic and very much appreciated.

I find that Mike8, Marc the Habs Fan & 417 to MTL's posts are spot on. To give the show a global flavour, I think you'd have to include Qui Gon Dave. For the Quebecois angle Beatnik gets my vote. Then add a little levity from mcphee and Gros Bill (occassional guest appearance by Brisebois).

Agreed, a lot of the young guys who talk prospects, the guys you mention,thief50,whitesnake, know the prospect world very well. Mike 8 and Blind G always have a fresh perspective on player values. Again, I find the English side doesn't provide much in depth coverage. It's why I eneded up here in the 1st place.

mcphee 08-01-2006 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz (Post 6181902)
I've always liked Dan's article's and would rank alot of his stuff higher than alot of the professional writers I read now, so....

I would also vote for Gros Bill, because......um, well I vote Gros Bill for everything, so....

I also think Mcphee should have a weekly column is a major newspaper. I don't even know if it would be a hockey column, just a 'my thoughts' type thing.

Couldn't do it Darz, I'd choke under the pressure of the deadline. I'd research Dave Barry's old columns and plagiarize them. Then I'd have to suffer the public humiliation.

Darz 08-01-2006 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcphee (Post 6181921)
Couldn't do it Darz, I'd choke under the pressure of the deadline. I'd research Dave Barry's old columns and plagiarize them. Then I'd have to suffer the public humiliation.

Ya, but 99% of your audience wouldn't even know who Dave Barry was, so it wouldn't matter.

Plus I think with the Sacred Pretzel and goats stories, you must have enough material for your first dozens or so columns anyways, and if you throw in a couple stories about Gros Bill, Guy Lafleur in Brisebois basement, poutine & Matthew Barnaby, heck I think you could breeze through the first year or so, and then with the help of a few 'best of' columns and some reruns, you wouldn't really need to come up with anything new for quite a long time, so.....

goalchenyuk 08-01-2006 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcphee (Post 6181921)

i am sure that a tv show would be better suited for you . I imagine a show looking as the old '' ligue du vieux pole '' , but in a modern version ; Outside with the BBQ or beside a fire , with an horse and a goat not to far , with some flowers in your hair ( if you still have hairs ! ) and with Doors music in background ...couple of beers around , for sure !

mcphee 08-01-2006 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# (Post 6181976)
i am sure that a tv show would be better suited for you . I imagine a show looking as the old '' ligue du vieux pole '' , but in a modern version ; Outside with the BBQ or beside a fire , with an horse and a goat not to far , with some flowers in your hair ( if you still have hairs ! ) and with Doors music in background ...couple of beers around , for sure !

Gives me an idea. I could be great on 110%. I'd speak my flat accented French, every few minutes, I'd say, 'Excusez moi,mon cher Michel, mais je ne comprends pas'. or I'd start to giggle whenever Perron face got contorted.

Blind Gardien 08-01-2006 09:17 AM

I think about 90% of the posters on this board could start off by running a blog like certain-you-know-whos. And then, probability says some percentage of them would actually get a few "rumours" or wild-*** predictions right, after which they would quickly be assimilated by Sportsnet or ESPN or somesuch other media outlet. :dunno:

The remaining 10% of the posters here should form a special tactical strike team which hits back hard anytime a media member crosses any line. Diss the captain? You wake up in the morning with goat droppings on your car. (I'm assuming the more traditional goat decapitation is not (or at least extremely rarely) an option). Or maybe you get locked in a basement for a while. Or a couple of english hooligans drive up and smack you around a bit. Or we really go all out and do like the US Army, blare Manowar or Rhapsody OF FIRE outside your window all night long. Being a member of the Anti-Media Strike Force would probably be more fun.

Talent Analyst 08-01-2006 09:20 AM

It will be nice to see Montreal at 110% .. :bow:

gars59 08-01-2006 09:24 AM

Lemaddy , he is like people at 110%

habs suck , gainey suck , our prospect suck :shakehead

Le Petit Viking 08-01-2006 09:26 AM

The real question is which media join hfboards members ?

My guest: The guy who made the main question for RDS today :shakehead

loadie 08-01-2006 09:29 AM

I think the usual list of suspects who we all think pretty highly of...mcphee...417..Montreal...Darz..Blind Gardien...Mooch...Mike8...and Qui Gon Dave...and a few others.

waffledave 08-01-2006 09:36 AM

Gimme 10 minutes on 110%. That's all I need.