HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Next NYR captain (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=277140)

Fattal 08-01-2006 10:13 PM

Next NYR captain

Sorry if there is allready a thread on this, I didn't find it. Who is going to be the next Captain for the NYR next year? Personnaly, I have no idea :dunno:

Doyle 08-01-2006 10:15 PM

Jags... pretty much his team and if hes offered it again he will not say no this time.

Brooklyn Ranger 08-01-2006 10:41 PM

There was a poll not that long ago--Jagr won. Check back 4-5 pages.

CM Lundqvist 08-02-2006 12:36 AM

Shanahan should be the guy, and whoever the captain is, if Leetch comes back, he should get an A, not the C.

FLYLine24 08-02-2006 12:46 AM

Jagr wants it, Jagr shall get it.

EventHorizon 08-02-2006 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 (Post 6190037)
Shanahan should be the guy

The more I think about this, the more I agree. Shanahan shouldn't get it right away but if he steps in and shows he is a leader on and off the ice, I think he absolutely should get the 'C'.

NYR1724 08-02-2006 02:09 AM

Jaromir Jagr was refered to as the defacto leader of the New York Rangers last year - Shanahan regardless should not be given the "C" even if he proves he deserves it. This is Jagr's team and he must be kept happy or we will struggle as a whole. Shanahan will prosper regardless, but we go as far as Jaromir can take us - thats my story and I stick to it.

Give Jagr the "C" because he's gained the experience of playing in NY and has developed a relationship with the fans and media. Any fears Jagr had about being Captain are pretty much gone after this year and I mean he did something amazing in simply leading the Rangers to the playoffs.

NYRchick 08-02-2006 03:42 AM

Even if Jagr hasn't been the rah,rah type of leader,he's led by example with his play on the ice,last season especially.Even though Shanny comes with the rep of being a leader,the C shouldn't be automatically handed to him.Jagr has the longer tenure,thus,he should get it

Kostik 08-02-2006 05:01 AM

Jagr, no question.
After one year in NYR organization he is ready to officialy take the leader role.
But it's good to have Shanny and Kaspar as A.

XploD 08-02-2006 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fattal (Post 6188994)
Sorry if there is allready a thread on this, I didn't find it. Who is going to be the next Captain for the NYR next year? Personnaly, I have no idea :dunno:

Just search for "captain", it can't be too hard?

Continue here instead:
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=271369

I Am Chariot 08-02-2006 09:26 AM

It will be Jagr with the C

He deserves it and although the team has changed over the summer this is still Jagrs team going into next season

Must keep that SO stick legal though. Captain can't be pulling that business.

shoothepuck 08-02-2006 10:50 AM

Jagr if he wants it, with A's to Shanny and Kasper.

TheRedressor 08-02-2006 11:00 AM

C- Jaromir Jagr

A- Darius Kasperitius

A- Brendan Shanahan

rickyrod 08-02-2006 01:12 PM

I'd like to go back to home/road alternates as well, personally. Give one of the younger guys (just Ortmeyer, I guess) one of the A's while not disappointing the vets who are expecting an A. (so, basically the same as laste year and just have Shanny and Orts A's on the road.)

TheRedressor 08-02-2006 01:23 PM

Ortmeyer is the most overated person on this board, it makes me sick.

broadwayblue 08-02-2006 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheChief (Post 6193202)
Ortmeyer is the most overated person on this board, it makes me sick.

well, he can do pretty much everything except score. too bad he has no hands. he's the kind of guy teammates and fans alike love to root for. gives 100% every shift. unfortunately he's quite replaceable.

TheRedressor 08-02-2006 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broadwayblue (Post 6193702)
well, he can do pretty much everything except score. too bad he has no hands. he's the kind of guy teammates and fans alike love to root for. gives 100% every shift. unfortunately he's quite replaceable.

Exactly, he is replaceable. People on this board speak of him as if he is the next Adam Graves.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 08-02-2006 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheChief (Post 6193852)
Exactly, he is replaceable. People on this board speak of him as if he is the next Adam Graves.

Not me. I don't think that Ortmeyer is even a lock to make the team.

Inferno 08-02-2006 02:50 PM

jagr-captain
shanny and kaspar as A's

True Blue 08-02-2006 02:53 PM

I think that the most likely scenario is that Jagr, Shanny & Kasper will have the 3 A's this year. Jagr is not the Capitain-type and has already refused it once, claiming that it better suited a North American player.

BrooklynRangersFan 08-02-2006 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Blue (Post 6194310)
I think that the most likely scenario is that Jagr, Shanny & Kasper will have the 3 A's this year. Jagr is not the Capitain-type and has already refused it once, claiming that it better suited a North American player.

But was quoted (it's somewhere in at least one previous thread) as saying he would have no problems accepting it this year.

Completely agree about Ortmeyer, Singin.

TheRedressor 08-02-2006 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway (Post 6193990)
Not me. I don't think that Ortmeyer is even a lock to make the team.

Thats exactly what I was thinking. I would love to see someone like Greg Moore beat him for the spot. This way we would be able to roll 4 lines that can produce offense.

Brooklyn Ranger 08-02-2006 04:39 PM

Goaltenders are not allowed to be captain. They can't cross the red line. And in any case, it would take away from the mental aspect of a goaltenders game. Once they get in the zone, you don't want them arguing with the ref over some stupid call.

Fletch 08-02-2006 04:47 PM

I'm having deja vu...

weren't we talking last season, around this time, about Ortmeyer not being a lock for the team? Poor kid. I do agree though, although the question will be, does this team have enough quality PKers without him (since the PK was partly responsible for success), and anything a fourth liner winger in Ortmeyer's place does may not make up for that (realistically, how many more goals can the Rangers get from a fourth line winger?). I think ideally you'd want three quality pairs - Cullen/Hall (not necessarily together), Ward/Betts, someone not named Jagr, Nylander, Prucha, Shanny, Straka, Immonen or even Hollweg. Who's left - there are only two forwards left for the final pair? Ortmeyer I guess. Perhaps Hossa too.

HockeyBasedNYC 08-02-2006 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger (Post 6195563)
Goaltenders are not allowed to be captain. They can't cross the red line. And in any case, it would take away from the mental aspect of a goaltenders game. Once they get in the zone, you don't want them arguing with the ref over some stupid call.

dont i feel stupid now. I was talking about the honorary captaincy...:razz: