HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   OT:coming to montreal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=277221)

RudeRogo 08-02-2006 09:05 AM

OT:coming to montreal

i posted the same thing on my homeboard. id appreciate any help anyone can give me.
I know theres about 4,000 of these topics, but me an a few fellow 18 year old buddies of mine are going to montreal in a week or two. will i need a passport, or can i just use a birth cirtificate and my drivers liscense to get into and more importantly out of the country? i dont think ill have enough time to get a passport if i need one, so im just wondering. also, what are some good bars* not clubs to go to. none of us are into that whole club/rap/techno atmosphere. looking for a place with a worldy selection of beer, because we're on a goal its the last time we'll all be together before we all leave for college in the fall, so im hoping everything goes smoothly. Also, can anyone reccomend some good record stores in montreal to buy some vinyl? i listen to mostly ska and reggae music, but i also listen to soul and jazz, im not looking for chain record stores that stock tons of new cds and the like, but mom and pop stlye new and used record stores. thanks everyone!

RedArmyMontreal* 08-02-2006 10:05 AM

I don't live in montreal so I would be of little help, but as far as passport is concerned, I have a couple friends who pass the line without a passport, and they didn't ever have trouble.

It isn't mandatory *yet* and I think it would just be a lot of help if you have a criminal record. Aside from that, it would be very surprising if you have any problems crossing the line.

Russeltown 08-02-2006 10:09 AM

On St-Laurent and St-Denis there's a restaurant called Bières & Compagnie ... they have around 150 different kind of beers.

Also, about vinyls... I think Atom Heart and Archambault (corner Berri/St-Catherine) have some

La Grosse Tendresse 08-02-2006 11:09 AM

The best place for vinyl is Beatnick on St-Denis street, just passed Des Pins.

beowulf 08-02-2006 11:12 AM

As a customs officer I can tell you that you need two pieces of id. One has to havea photo like a drivers license and the other can be a birth certificate or voters registration card. As for leaving you will need the same as far as I know but that you would have to check with American customs.

RudeRogo 08-02-2006 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WEEB (Post 6192116)
The best place for vinyl is Beatnick on St-Denis street, just passed Des Pins.

thats what ive heard from a few people. so it looks like i'll be going there. i hear they have a lot of soul and jazz music. il lbe sure to check it out

thanks for the help everyone.

oh and btw..im a bruins fan:biglaugh:

NBHABSFAN 08-02-2006 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RudeRogo (Post 6192246)

We all can't be perfect ;)

CareyClutch 08-02-2006 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RudeRogo (Post 6192246)
thats what ive heard from a few people. so it looks like i'll be going there. i hear they have a lot of soul and jazz music. il lbe sure to check it out

thanks for the help everyone.

oh..then u can stay where u from:sarcasm: :D

The n00b King * 08-02-2006 12:03 PM

seriously, when will a mod sticky this type of thread. so that all the information can be found in one thread instead of trying to find the 30 previous ones that talked about it...

check out this site:

www.madeinmtl.com

RudeRogo 08-02-2006 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason allison'fans (Post 6192531)
oh..then u can stay where u from:sarcasm: :D

ooh i plan on leaving a part of me in montreal, in the toilete, and on the streets. if you know what i mean :biglaugh:

thanks for the website, its very helpful

RudeRogo 08-04-2006 09:37 AM

one more question. whats the policy on smoking in public?

habfan4 08-04-2006 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RudeRogo (Post 6209469)

I believe you cannot smoke in "public" places i.e. bars, restaurants, shopping centres etc...

RedArmyMontreal* 08-04-2006 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RudeRogo (Post 6209469)

you can't smoke in any building, no exception, it's as simple as that.

bayrider 08-04-2006 11:20 AM

Smoke outside, anywhere you want. You can smoke in restaraunts as long as its outside on a terrace, balcony or somewhere open.

RudeRogo 08-04-2006 01:14 PM

gotcha. thanks again everyone

Habs Man 08-04-2006 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RudeRogo (Post 6211001)
gotcha. thanks again everyone

Hey Dude. i mentionned this to one of the other guys. i bartend at Club La Boom montreal, on Stanley right above Chez Pare. If you need guestlist feel free to call me. 514-808-0153.

Peter