HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Are the Kings capable to get him? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=278020)

riseandfall9 08-05-2006 01:04 AM

Are the Kings capable to get him?

Do you guys think that the Kings could put together a package to get Bergeron from the Bruins? I really havent herd a single thing about him all summer and Im curious if maybe we could get him!

I would even overpay a little bit for a guy I think hes the next big thing D: Anyone else agree?

Legionnaire 08-05-2006 01:07 AM

Sure. Every player is attainable. The question is, is he worth what we'd have to give up.

Puck U 08-05-2006 01:12 AM

make it stop ... my head hurts :banghead:

riseandfall9 08-05-2006 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck U (Post 6215829)

Make what stop?

riseandfall9 08-05-2006 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legionnaire (Post 6215804)
Sure. Every player is attainable. The question is, is he worth what we'd have to give up.

Lets say a little bit of overpayment on our behalf, but one that wont break out whole roster...What do you think that price is?

AnThGrt 08-05-2006 01:30 AM

If we trading Frolov good starting point

Fingolfin 08-05-2006 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riseandfall9 (Post 6215879)
Lets say a little bit of overpayment on our behalf, but one that wont break out whole roster...What do you think that price is?

Kopitar and Cammalleri.

OR

O'Sullivan and Frolov.

Still interested?

- Fin

riseandfall9 08-05-2006 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fingolfin (Post 6215920)
Kopitar and Cammalleri.

OR

O'Sullivan and Frolov.

Still interested?

- Fin

Nope!

Thats not a little bit of overpayment....thats ALOT of overpayment. I was thinking Frolov and somthen else ... Not including Visnovski , O`Sullivan , Kopitar , Brown , Cammy. So I guess my question to you Fin is:

Without giving up the core of our up and coming players(ex..Kopitar,O`Sullivan, Petiot , Hersley, Brown,Cammy, Tukonen, Boyle) and maybe Visnovski can the Kings put together a nice little package of overpayment for Bergeron?

Falloooooon 08-05-2006 02:15 AM

The current Bruins GM probably isn't in a big hurry to take several warm bodies that could constitute "overpayment" for his franchise player.

Legionnaire 08-05-2006 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riseandfall9 (Post 6215975)
Nope!

Thats not a little bit of overpayment....thats ALOT of overpayment. I was thinking Frolov and somthen else ... Not including Visnovski , O`Sullivan , Kopitar , Brown , Cammy. So I guess my question to you Fin is:

Without giving up the core of our up and coming players(ex..Kopitar,O`Sullivan, Petiot , Hersley, Brown,Cammy, Tukonen, Boyle) and maybe Visnovski can the Kings put together a nice little package of overpayment for Bergeron?

Like Pat said above, I'm sure the B's would not want to part with him for anything less than an overpayment. So basically, if you don't want to trade any of those players it's going to take 4 to 5 first rounders. For example, remember what Yashin fetched even after holding out a year. Spezza and Chara. Of course, no one really knew Chara was going to turn out that good, but still. If you're a GM who's trading a franchise player, you're going to want one in return. Not just spare parts.

riseandfall9 08-05-2006 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legionnaire (Post 6216046)
Like Pat said above, I'm sure the B's would not want to part with him for anything less than an overpayment. So basically, if you don't want to trade any of those players it's going to take 4 to 5 first rounders. For example, remember what Yashin fetched even after holding out a year. Spezza and Chara. Of course, no one really knew Chara was going to turn out that good, but still. If you're a GM who's trading a franchise player, you're going to want one in return. Not just spare parts.

I would be down to trade Boyle and Frolov for Bergeron. Boyle is a BC Boy anyways. Even though you give up a good prospect you get a future Franchise player in return. And hes not injury prone atleast not yet lol. Plus we would still have Kopitar , O`Sullivan , Tukonen . Its a huge long shot lol.

Human Blender 08-05-2006 05:11 AM

Let me get something straight: isn't Bergeron a center? I was thinking the Kings were set up the middle (apart perhaps from taking a shot at Gomez while moving at least one nominal center [Belanger? Armstrong?] in the process) and if anything, were looking for wing help.

Legionnaire 08-05-2006 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nieszpory (Post 6216279)
Let me get something straight: isn't Bergeron a center? I was thinking the Kings were set up the middle (apart perhaps from taking a shot at Gomez while moving at least one nominal center [Belanger? Armstrong?] in the process) and if anything, were looking for wing help.

Planning your team from season to season is the blueprint for failure.

NFITO 08-05-2006 05:59 AM

I'm guessing that Bergeron made Thornton a lot easier to trade... I don't think that Boston would even consider moving him at this point.

Sure any player can be had - but Bergeron is a piece they are building around... the Kings would have to give up a pkg to replace that... and the overpayment it would take would likely not interest most other teams.

He's young, on a controllable contract, and already producing like a veteran, with more upside still to realize... pieces like that rarely get moved.

BINGO 08-05-2006 06:34 AM

If you really want to know what it would take to land Bergeron, ask over on the BRUINS board and see what they say....;)

bruins_hockey* 08-05-2006 06:40 AM

i am a boston fan , and there is a dam player on the kings that i would trade bergeron for

kingbrath 08-05-2006 06:41 AM

God I would love to see this guy in a Kings jersey...but it will never happen..Brown, Pushkarev and a 1st.."might" get it done but...like I said..it would never happen

Jaded-Fan 08-05-2006 08:56 AM

You guys are wasting your time. There have been a couple of long threads where B fans have said that the Pens would have to add something significant to Malkin to pry Bergeron from them. As a side note, Pens' fans reacted as expected, but that is neither here nor there. It gives you some idea where this is heading.

savemefromtears 08-05-2006 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruins_hockey (Post 6216352)
i am a boston fan , and there is a dam player on the kings that i would trade bergeron for

in Boston do they leave out key letters in their sentences? :D

Matt13 08-05-2006 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruins_hockey (Post 6216352)

well tell us who he is! I hate secrets.

"a dam player".......it's gotta be Avery.

Avery for Bergeron? Well, ok. But it will be hard letting him go. You should include a first rounder to soften the blow for us.

TubbyTerrion* 08-05-2006 11:05 AM

Why on Earth would you even come up with the concept? The Bruins are about as likely to move Bergeron as the Kings are to win the Stanley Cup this season. Ain't gonna happen. Check back in about 8 years...

Tadite 08-05-2006 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osprey (Post 6218689)
This is the proper response to the original post. This isn't even worth discussing.

Yup. These wanabe trade threads are geting old...

Osprey 08-05-2006 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadite (Post 6218701)
Yup. These wanabe trade threads are geting old...

Maybe, after they get Bergeron, the Kings could get Ovechkin, Crosby and Phaneuf! Now I'm all excited!

Puck U 08-05-2006 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck U (Post 6215829)

Is it over yet ? is it safe to come back out ? :banghead:

GKJ 08-05-2006 04:27 PM

No shot at Bergeron being traded