HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   D Rating: (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=27847)

p.l.f. 11-13-2003 07:30 AM

D Rating:

So who do you prefer ?

Joey24 11-13-2003 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p.l.f.
So who do you prefer ?

huh??

p.l.f. 11-13-2003 07:43 AM

berg is big - we need his size
there will be enough skill guys coming up the next few yrs

Joey24 11-13-2003 07:44 AM

Quote:

hrmm I think my browser messed up because It wasn't displaying a poll when I posted the huh??? comment.

Joey24 11-13-2003 07:46 AM

I'll Go with Jackman even though he's not playing the best now he has shown he can post up some points and play a steady mean game. Though my faith in his game is starting to slip .

CaputMortuum 11-13-2003 07:49 AM

Berg plays in just about every game.

wasting time 11-13-2003 08:19 AM

I voted for Berg but I bet Jackman is more fun to party with.

think-blue- 11-13-2003 08:25 AM

Quote:

They're all big and they're all physical.

That said, I chose berg. He's been very good for us this season and has improved his physical play from last season quite a bit. Jackman has a better skillset than Berg but he's just very poor positionally and looks lost out there - a good teaching coach would do wonders for him. Marchment's mobility and offensive game doesnt compare to Berg's.

Leaf Army 11-13-2003 09:07 AM

Richard Crapman and Crapi Berg? Very clever. :shakehead

How about Tomas Craperle and Bryan McCrap?

Anyway, Berg has been the best guy so far of the guys you mentioned. I think he's quietly on his way to a breakout year.

Just watch how much his stock rises by the end of the year.

Epoch 11-13-2003 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaf Army

Anyway, Berg has been the best guy so far of the guys you mentioned. I think he's quietly on his way to a breakout year.

:lol:

Rand 11-13-2003 11:42 AM

I don't recognize any of the players in your poll, so far as I'm aware not are under contract with the Leafs or any other NHL team.

That said, Marchment > Berg > Jackman
That is unless Marchment decides to go back to his old habits and go insane on the ice, in which condition I'd go with Berg.

Interesting to see how opinions change, before the season a large number had Jackman labeled a #4 D-Man or very near.
Then again, he's underperformed my own less then optimistic projections also.

think-blue- 11-13-2003 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOR-TOWN
:lol:

What was funny about that?

Are you not watching the games?

Epoch 11-13-2003 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThinkBlue
What was funny about that?

Are you not watching the games?

I like when people say he is improved or "ready for a break-out season".

He's the same old useless hockey player. Nearly as bad as Lumme.

How many goals has he been responsible for this year?

Douggy 11-13-2003 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey24
hrmm I think my browser messed up because It wasn't displaying a poll when I posted the huh??? comment.

No, it does that. It posts the post when he posts it. :) Then the post becomes a poll when he finishes filling out all of the choices

Anyways, I like Marchment. He's really turned it up lately.

p.l.f. 11-13-2003 02:10 PM

its aki's last yr on his contract i beleive
i wonder if that has something to do with his improved play :eek:

Boomhower 11-13-2003 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeofWindsor
One, the same as Kaberle, yet no one is calling Tomas useless.

I am not a huge Aki fan, but he has been looking better out there compared to seasons past.

I'm sure he was refering to how many goals scored AGAINST the leafs has Berg been responsible for. ;) Just a hunch being as how your talking about defencemen and all.

wasting time 11-13-2003 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rand
I don't recognize any of the players in your poll, so far as I'm aware not are under contract with the Leafs or any other NHL team.

That said, Marchment > Berg > Jackman
That is unless Marchment decides to go back to his old habits and go insane on the ice, in which condition I'd go with Berg.

Interesting to see how opinions change, before the season a large number had Jackman labeled a #4 D-Man or very near.
Then again, he's underperformed my own less then optimistic projections also.

No one was more a proponent of Jackman than I have been. And my tune has not changed. I think his game has slid in the last 10 games for sure. But I still believe he is a keeper. I just voted based on who I felt has been playing the best so far. That first goal against anaheim was brutal on Jackman's behalf - he needs to be sat down to think hard about he needs to play better in his own end.

No chance do I give up on the guy though. No chance. I want to see him play another 2 years for Toronto. Then make the call.

From what I see Jackman has only 1 major flaw in his game right now - defenseive position - the hardest aspect of the game to grasp at full speed. He rarely makes a bonehead play or pass like Berg or Cross or Gill or McCoun etc. used to at their worst. He shows good offensive upside and toughness.

He just needs reps and coaching.

ULF_55 11-13-2003 03:15 PM

Crapi Berg no contest.

How could anyone go with last legs Marchment or Clueless Jackman.

wasting time 11-13-2003 04:21 PM

Guys this is getting a bit much. enough of the stupid nicknames. What is it with people needing scape goats?

p.l.f. 11-13-2003 07:13 PM

all the defensemen look bad now
i think it has something to do with the forwards goal sucking :teach:

Rand 11-13-2003 07:35 PM

Quote:

all the defensemen look bad now
i think it has something to do with the forwards goal sucking :teach:

I think I'm missing something, our defence is bad because our forwards aren't scoring? :dunno:

p.l.f. 11-14-2003 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rand
I think I'm missing something, our defence is bad because our forwards aren't scoring? :dunno:

by not backchecking
they like to just stand around waiting for an outlet pass