HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Atlanta/NYR (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=27867)

The Sneak 11-13-2003 08:30 AM

Proposal: Atlanta/NYR

To New York

Patrik Stefan
Frank Kaberle
Zdenek Blatny

To Atlanta

Anson Carter
Tom Poti

Rangers get rid of some salary and alleged doghouse residents in favor of players that should fit what Sather is trying to install in NYC. Defensively sound players with speed and ability to move the puck. While the New York market may not be the best place for Stefan to have his renaissance, considering he's answering coach Bob Hartley's gut check well, the NY media and fans may just be the motivation this kid needs to play consistently. Biggest drawback is the short term hole at center for Atlanta. Dropping Stefan makes the Thrashers very thin up the middle until Savard returns.

#37-#93-#27* 11-13-2003 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhodes Rage
To New York

Patrik Stefan
Frank Kaberle
Zdenek Blatny

To Atlanta

Anson Carter
Tom Poti

Rangers get rid of some salary and alleged doghouse residents in favor of players that should fit what Sather is trying to install in NYC. Defensively sound players with speed and ability to move the puck. While the New York market may not be the best place for Stefan to have his renaissance, considering he's answering coach Bob Hartley's gut check well, the NY media and fans may just be the motivation this kid needs to play consistently. Biggest drawback is the short term hole at center for Atlanta. Dropping Stefan makes the Thrashers very thin up the middle until Savard returns.

Why would we need to get rid of salary?

Yes both are in the dog house, it makes no sense that they would be traded for a couple of players that have much less value and would probably be in the dog house faster then these two were.

btn 11-13-2003 08:51 AM

NYC is a BAD place for Stefan.

The Thrashers would have to add more, as Blatny is not even near the call up list for the Thrashers. And I think having both Poti and Tremblay on the same blue line would be disaster.

Voynich 11-13-2003 09:14 AM

While I would love to bring Carter to Atlanta I don't think this deal works at all(value wise or needs based).

Not to mention putting Kaberle in there, he has been one of our best blueliners all season long.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhodes Rage
the NY media and fans may just be the motivation this kid needs to play consistently

Or it could be just the people to destroy what little confidence he has left in himself.

#37-#93-#27* 11-13-2003 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voynich
Or it could be just the people to destroy what little confidence he has left in himself.

That is more likely the case, specially with our coach and the little to no opportunities to succeed he'll give him. Media will be all over him if he doesn't get off to a good start.

Bacchus 11-13-2003 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btn
And I think having both Poti and Tremblay on the same blue line would be disaster.

Alone having Poti on the blue line is a disaster. :shakehead

HughJass* 11-14-2003 03:03 AM

Quote:

Not to mention putting Kaberle in there, he has been one of our best blueliners all season long.

I thought so, too, but why did Hartley scratch him for 2 games last week? I never saw anyone explain that.

Outside looking in, Hartley seems to be an abrasive, arrogant, SOB. I'm sure Thrashers fans & players love him, but I'm getting tired of some of his antics.

Voynich 11-14-2003 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WHurricane16
I thought so, too, but why did Hartley scratch him for 2 games last week? I never saw anyone explain that.

Outside looking in, Hartley seems to be an abrasive, arrogant, SOB. I'm sure Thrashers fans & players love him, but I'm getting tired of some of his antics.

He has been rotating the guys on D somewhat. If they make a mistake then they sit a few games and give the guy in the pressbox a chance. Right now it is Sutton's turn in the doghouse. It seems to work well though because when those guys get back in the lineup they tend to play much, much better(see Daniel Tjarnqvist for example).

Yeah, we love Hartley. He is everything that Curt Fraser wasn't. He knows how to win, he wants to win, and when he feels weak calls are going against his team (like last night) he tends to show his ass a little. I'm sure he does look arrogant and abrasive to other teams fans (I'd say that there are few coaches who don't), but I have a lot of respect for him, damn fine coach in my book.

HughJass* 11-14-2003 04:59 AM

Quote:

He has been rotating the guys on D somewhat. If they make a mistake then they sit a few games and give the guy in the pressbox a chance. Right now it is Sutton's turn in the doghouse. It seems to work well though because when those guys get back in the lineup they tend to play much, much better(see Daniel Tjarnqvist for example).

That's a good idea. I wish Maurice would rotate Ward, Wallin, & St. Jacques.