HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   RDS Duo for Habs Games (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=278687)

habs_pat 08-08-2006 12:36 AM

RDS Duo for Habs Games
 
Just for informations i just want to make sure that i'm not high on anything... is it me or the RDS duo for the description is lame... I know we're in summer and the season isn't even started, but i got a flash today about Houde and Pednault. I remembered how i was always correcting Houde when he made errors about the game or how i would yell at him to shut up bout with his stories in the middle of the game like he was in an intermission...

So my question is beside those two, who would you like on the table?

I know my question is primarly intended to french speaking fans, i'm sorry guys, but RDS are the only one to present the 82 games... i just want to make sure that nobody sees me as a RDS talkbacks exile who loves every french canadian players on earth and would like to see them wears a Habs jersey...

habs_pat 08-08-2006 12:37 AM

i'll begin with myself, personnaly from what i heard of him on the radio i'd love to see Dany Dube on RDS but i don't know he's still under contract with TVA the morning...

HabuseMoi 08-08-2006 02:36 AM

yes, the commentators are lame, alway joking about inside stuff between them.

also the broadcast on rds is horrible, it's so amateurish, they always have problem with sound, like mics that doesn't work, and they foten play the wrong clip.

Pednault is probably half blind too, like saying the puck hit the goalies pad when it deflected off a stick.

they really pisses me off

Seriously, they're bade, and they get to do 82 games, it's a real shame. I just wish Jim Hughson would speak french.

Edit: Oh yhea, The radio guys on CKAC are really good, if you can synchronise your tv with your radio and get a good reception (wich we cant get here) you should really do that, even if it's wierd during commercial and replays, it makes you less likely to beat the cat with a broom.

Cyrrus147 08-08-2006 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habs_pat (Post 6233512)
Just for informations i just want to make sure that i'm not high on anything... is it me or the RDS duo for the description is lame... I know we're in summer and the season isn't even started, but i got a flash today about Houde and Pednault. I remembered how i was always correcting Houde when he made errors about the game or how i would yell at him to shut up bout with his stories in the middle of the game like he was in an intermission...

So my question is beside those two, who would you like on the table?

I know my question is primarly intended to french speaking fans, i'm sorry guys, but RDS are the only one to present the 82 games... i just want to make sure that nobody sees me as a RDS talkbacks exile who loves every french canadian players on earth and would like to see them wears a Habs jersey...

CKAC guys are doing a great job, they should hire them at RDS

Stefan 08-08-2006 03:38 AM

Wow you guys so need to buy Center Ice... Houle and Pednault are easily in the top 5 in the NHL. Some of those American teams have extremely bad broadcasters... be careful what you wish for.

CaptainSak 08-08-2006 06:10 AM

Description: André Côté - He was the Nordiques voice in the 90's at TQS and for the Habs before RDS get the exclusivity.

Analyst: Dany Dubé - Nice guy with lot of experience and knowledge.

CaptCrunch 08-08-2006 06:27 AM

The CKAC guys are really my favorite. For the life of me I cannot listen to the RDS description anymore.

Dany Dubé is gold on the analysis. Always to the point, very informative, very respectfull. He actually makes my watching the game a better experience, which is quite a feat if you ask me.

While Houde and Pednault talk about the player's grandmothers, Dubé will talk about player positions, small things to look for, small mistakes that aren't obvious.

Once, talking about Ribeiro, he mentionned that the diminutive center got often rocked with big hits because his skates were perpendicular to the boards and not parallel. If they were parallel, Ribs would have an easier time "rolling" with the hits.

I mean, things like that don't often leap to me.

Kimota 08-08-2006 06:50 AM

I didn`t know Dubé was on CKAC, I see him as a energetic Maguire-type but less crazy. He would be a good choice on RDS.

Houde and Pednault were probably the best TV broadcasting team in hockey bar none...5 years ago. Monder, energetic guys who could describe the action as much as having a conversation. Now Houde seems to be tired and repeating the same things and Pednault has gotten so annoying and negative that it`s not funny. Plus between the periods Ped-since he`s well connected- used to have interesting scoops but these days he`s got void.

I think the damaging blow to that show was having Jacques Demers and Alain Crête replaced this veteran journalist(wich i`m forgetting the name right now), that had been there since RDS existed. Crête is cold as a fish and never react to what others are saying and Demers is confused and bat-**** mad. Everytime he talks it`s like he strugggle to not have a heart attack, last year in particular he was embarassing all year. The guy I`m talking about however was all alone, not only for between-period analysis but was always the calming presence when Ped and Houde were "reporting to central" and were talking about the game, the nhl and the habs in general. He was great at interecting with them just on the level that he was a veteran, respected at his job but more than anything else he was constantly joking with them so it kept the athmosphere light. These past years though, there`s always been this tension because Houde and Yvon look embarassed when Demers talks.

mcphee 08-08-2006 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptCrunch (Post 6234178)
The CKAC guys are really my favorite. For the life of me I cannot listen to the RDS description anymore.

Dany Dubé is gold on the analysis. Always to the point, very informative, very respectfull. He actually makes my watching the game a better experience, which is quite a feat if you ask me.

While Houde and Pednault talk about the player's grandmothers, Dubé will talk about player positions, small things to look for, small mistakes that aren't obvious.

Once, talking about Ribeiro, he mentionned that the diminutive center got often rocked with big hits because his skates were perpendicular to the boards and not parallel. If they were parallel, Ribs would have an easier time "rolling" with the hits.

I mean, things like that don't often leap to me.

I seldon have the game on radio so I wasn't aware that Dube was that good. I love when a broadcaster points out things I don't have an eye for.

I don't have an issue with Houde and Pednault. Doing 82 games is a long haul, they become like baseball broadcasters wherein a comfort zone is important. Houde esp., comes across as a real good guy, and easy to listen to.

That being said, if Dube is that good, he'd be an interesting addition.

Anyone who has ever spoken to me knows my French isn't that good,but I'll switch off CBC to RDS quite often if they carry the same game.

habs_pat 08-08-2006 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimota (Post 6234226)
I didn`t know Dubé was on CKAC, I see him as a energetic Maguire-type but less crazy. He would be a good choice on RDS.

Houde and Pednault were probably the best TV broadcasting team in hockey bar none...5 years ago. Monder, energetic guys who could describe the action as much as having a conversation. Now Houde seems to be tired and repeating the same things and Pednault has gotten so annoying and negative that it`s not funny. Plus between the periods Ped-since he`s well connected- used to have interesting scoops but these days he`s got void.

I think the damaging blow to that show was having Jacques Demers and Alain Crête replaced this veteran journalist(wich i`m forgetting the name right now), that had been there since RDS existed. Crête is cold as a fish and never react to what others are saying and Demers is confused and bat-**** mad. Everytime he talks it`s like he strugggle to not have a heart attack, last year in particular he was embarassing all year. The guy I`m talking about however was all alone, not only for between-period analysis but was always the calming presence when Ped and Houde were "reporting to central" and were talking about the game, the nhl and the habs in general. He was great at interecting with them just on the level that he was a veteran, respected at his job but more than anything else he was constantly joking with them so it kept the athmosphere light. These past years though, there`s always been this tension because Houde and Yvon look embarassed when Demers talks.

the guy you're lookin for is Claude Mailhot, he was recruited by Jean Charest to go to the Sports and Cities Minister in Quebec

Ludo 08-08-2006 07:06 AM

I like Houde and Pedneault. Never had a problem with their commentating. :dunno:

Freaky Habs Fan 08-08-2006 07:07 AM

I don't mind them...they made mistakes, they are not always talking about hockey related stuff, but they still get the job done and they are not THAT bad...

And for the technical stuff, well when you're not at the Bell Centre, it's not that easy...

And for the mistakes, like the pad/stick stuff, well they are not always viewing the same thing as us, on the TV screen...they can see the replay, but that's it.

Anyways, I like them and I would be sad if they were leaving. After all, it could be worse...

And quick question, during the olympics, the Quenneville/Potvin duo was bad...that was Bad...not the Pednault/Houde duo...

Hawerchuk9 08-08-2006 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan (Post 6234264)
I don't mind them...they made mistakes, they are not always talking about hockey related stuff, but they still get the job done and they are not THAT bad...

And for the technical stuff, well when you're not at the Bell Centre, it's not that easy...

And for the mistakes, like the pad/stick stuff, well they are not always viewing the same thing as us, on the TV screen...they can see the replay, but that's it.

Anyways, I like them and I would be sad if they were leaving. After all, it could be worse...

And quick question, during the olympics, the Quenneville/Potvin duo was bad...that was Bad...not the Pednault/Houde duo...

You are right. That was worst. But then what about Denis Potvin....He was awful!!!:banghead:

Kimota 08-08-2006 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habs_pat (Post 6234249)
the guy you're lookin for is Claude Mailhot, he was recruited by Jean Charest to go to the Sports and Cities Minister in Quebec

He`s doing what, again?! :amazed:

IcE ColD 08-08-2006 07:55 AM

IMO, Pierre Houde is good at description. The guy that suck big time by saying exactly what we've just saw, that keeps on rambling about his weekend or stuff like that, it's Pedneault. I can't stand that guy.

Houde - Dubé would be the best duo we could have, IMO

HH 08-08-2006 12:47 PM

Houde and Pednault are good, compare them to some american broadcasters and you will see the difference, some of the american broadcasters don't even know the sport well.

F. Duchemin 08-08-2006 01:00 PM

I think Dany Dube is a really good analyst. His comments are always interesting.

Duff88 08-08-2006 01:06 PM

I think they are very good actually by comparing them to other duos all-over the league; they are probably in the top 5!

But I agree that Dany Dubé would be a very good choice if they had to find replacements.

Whitesnake 08-08-2006 01:09 PM

I actually WON'T go with the family in this subject and say that I like both guys. Sure, they try to be funny, sure they sometimes talk about a lot of other subjects than the actual game, but for me it's part of the game actually, a little bit of fun in a deadly serious subject like hockey.....;)

I know that I've also been shouting at my TV sometimes 'cause they do miss crucial plays, or even funnier, most of the time when there's a replay about a goal being good or not, they have to watch the replay at least 3 times before giving the good explanation, something that is usually obvious the first time.

But for the old guys like me.....who hated Quenneville so much, 'cause his fun was to listen to himself, I also liked Alain Crête when he was doing the Nords' game and props also for doing most of the games in the RDS studio without being actually there. This must be the toughest thing to do ever as far as commentating is concerned......Alain Côté, in the TQS area, was not so bad either. But Pierre Houde for me is actually up there and Pedneault, well he's not that bad either....

As far as Dube is concerned, true that most of the times he gives good explanations, something you don't hear most of the time elsewhere with our other ''experts''.....But again, I hate when people loves the sound of their voice, and to have be close to him in a couple of occasions, in another life...., I can say that he just loves to hear himself talk......Obviously, I'm biased, always the same when you actually know a little bit somebody, your opinion of those people change radically.......

ChemiseBleuHonnete 08-08-2006 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IcE ColD (Post 6234436)
IMO, Pierre Houde is good at description. The guy that suck big time by saying exactly what we've just saw, that keeps on rambling about his weekend or stuff like that, it's Pedneault. I can't stand that guy.

Houde - Dubé would be the best duo we could have, IMO

That's exactly what I think. A Houde - Dubé duo would really be the best. And they should replace Demers too, he coughs too much and can't pronounce the player's names. Besides, he's funny but it's unintentional.

ChemiseBleuHonnete 08-08-2006 01:23 PM

I just got an idea. How about we keep Pednault and Houde, even if it could be better, people still like them. Ok Pednault is always stating the obvious and he doesn't go far in his commentaries, but he's sounds like a good guy and he's the kind of commentator that's very easy to like for everyone, from the fans' wives, to the casual fans and hardcore fans. Dubé could replace Demers and give more in-depth analysis with less coughing and smarter thoughts. That would really be the best trio, with Alain Crete as the fourth guy like always.

Shatmat* 08-08-2006 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ludo (Post 6234260)
I like Houde and Pedneault. Never had a problem with their commentating. :dunno:

Same for me

mcphee 08-08-2006 01:25 PM

[QUOTE=Whitesnake;6236573]I actually WON'T go with the family in this subject and say that I like both guys. Sure, they try to be funny, sure they sometimes talk about a lot of other subjects than the actual game, but for me it's part of the game actually, a little bit of fun in a deadly serious subject like hockey.....;)

QUOTE] You know, that's exactly it. They do the game, every now and then they'll talk about something unrelated to the game [much like an ot thread] and I find it adds to the broadcast. Like you say, they keep the perspective that it is after all, a game.

VanNistelrooy 08-08-2006 01:26 PM

I find the guy who's doing Junior stuff with Stephane Leroux (cant remember his name tho) pretty interesting. He could replace Pedneault very well.

tritone 08-08-2006 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ludo (Post 6234260)
I like Houde and Pedneault. Never had a problem with their commentating. :dunno:

Me too. I think they're as good as it gets really.
My only beef is the way they cream over Briere and Bergeron but I suppose it's understandable.

All in all I think any change would probably be worse. They do a great job overall.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:43 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.