HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   would we have any interest in... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=27872)

barrytrotzsneck 11-13-2003 10:01 AM

would we have any interest in...
 
...jim dowd?

he and hendrickson seem to be the odd men out in minnesota with the acquisition of jason wiemer. if we're going to lose a defenseman for nothing anyway, why not get SOMETHING for it...and send whichever to minnesota for former predator jim dowd. not great..but decent enough.

triggrman 11-13-2003 10:02 AM

So now we're looking to the wild for scraps, god we suck.

barrytrotzsneck 11-13-2003 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
So now we're looking to the wild for scraps, god we suck.

i didn't think of it that way. i thought of it more as "get something rather than nothing." i don't see how having fights for roster battles is indicative of "sucking"

triggrman 11-13-2003 10:12 AM

I think at this point we should be beyond having roster spots available to playes with thier talent level.

Radulov for Czar* 11-13-2003 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
I think at this point we should be beyond having roster spots available to playes with thier talent level.

Agreed. If we are gonna lose Kloucek, let's package him with Arkhipov and something for Comrie and bring a goal scorer in here.

Jarnberg 11-13-2003 10:30 AM

Yes I agree, if we have to lose Kloucek, why not package him with someone to get a scorer. Satan anyone?

barrytrotzsneck 11-13-2003 10:31 AM

that would be adding salary, which i don't see happening. arkhipov, like it or not, isn't going anywhere. it's time for us to come to terms with this. kloucek or brookbank will either be waived or traded for a VERY low draft pick, and we'll end up with lint(ner?) in our pockets.

Enoch 11-13-2003 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by csstranger
Yes I agree, if we have to lose Kloucek, why not package him with someone to get a scorer. Satan anyone?

Too expen$isve. Comrie, IMO, would be the ideal player for this situation.

barrytrotzsneck 11-13-2003 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by csstranger
Yes I agree, if we have to lose Kloucek, why not package him with someone to get a scorer. Satan anyone?

package him with who? arkhipov? johnson? no one is going to say, "well, they want to give me garbage for a good player..but...at least they're giving me LOTS of garbage!" you guys talk about trading for a scorer, but you jump on me for suggesting upshall as trade bait. you have to give to get.

triggrman 11-13-2003 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
package him with who? arkhipov? johnson? no one is going to say, "well, they want to give me garbage for a good player..but...at least they're giving me LOTS of garbage!" you guys talk about trading for a scorer, but you jump on me for suggesting upshall as trade bait. you have to give to get.

I agree and I think packaging Upshall and Kloucek is a great idea.

Radulov for Czar* 11-13-2003 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
package him with who? arkhipov? johnson? no one is going to say, "well, they want to give me garbage for a good player..but...at least they're giving me LOTS of garbage!" you guys talk about trading for a scorer, but you jump on me for suggesting upshall as trade bait. you have to give to get.

As much as I would hate to see Scottie go, I am behind ya 100% when you say you have to give to get. We need scoring, and we need it now, since we don't know if we will have a team after this season.

Jarnberg 11-13-2003 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
package him with who? arkhipov? johnson? no one is going to say, "well, they want to give me garbage for a good player..but...at least they're giving me LOTS of garbage!" you guys talk about trading for a scorer, but you jump on me for suggesting upshall as trade bait. you have to give to get.


I hadn't made a suggestion yet, but who said I was going to give them garbage?

Kloucek
Upshall
2nd Rounder for Satan.

Buffalo gets two young, inexpensive players while dumping salary while Nashville gets an expensive scorer. This deal has PR written all over it, showing to the casual fans of Nashville that they are trying.

Radulov for Czar* 11-13-2003 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by csstranger
I hadn't made a suggestion yet, but who said I was going to give them garbage?

Kloucek
Upshall
2nd Rounder for Satan.

Buffalo gets two young, inexpensive players while dumping salary while Nashville gets an expensive scorer. This deal has PR written all over it, showing to the casual fans of Nashville that they are trying.

I'd do it in a heartbeat, but I'd also add Arkhipov for Connolly (providing Connolly can get over his concussion that has kept him out all season)

gopreds98 11-13-2003 12:13 PM

I don't know.....do you think Poile could get away with adding a player named Satan in this town? We'd never be able to have another "Share Your Faith" night again.
:lol:

barrytrotzsneck 11-13-2003 12:33 PM

sadly, all joking aside, i could see people in nashville refusing to see the team play because there's a player named "Satan" on the team.

PredsFan77* 11-13-2003 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopreds98
I don't know.....do you think Poile could get away with adding a player named Satan in this town? We'd never be able to have another "Share Your Faith" night again.
:lol:

:lol: :joker:

Basher 11-13-2003 09:03 PM

We'll just change his nameplate to Manning. Then he would be hailed as King, and we'd pack the house.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.