HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sharks in pursuit of Comrie (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=27873)

Buffaloed 11-13-2003 10:09 AM

Sharks in pursuit of Comrie
 
That's the San Jose Sharks, not the loan sharks.
Sharks express interest in Comrie

Sharks GM Doug Wilson comfirms there's been talks.

H-Bear 11-13-2003 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buffaloed
That's the San Jose Sharks, not the loan sharks.
Sharks express interest in Comrie

Sharks GM Doug Wilson comfirms there's been talks.

My pessimistic alarm went off when he said he is interested in Comrie, just like he was interested in Drury during the summer, whom of course, they did not get. This could just be more of the same. Too bad, because there are some very nice players on SJ that would be great for EDM.

Oilers Ent 11-13-2003 10:31 AM

How about?

Patrick Marleau

for

Mike Comrie

Jeffrey 11-13-2003 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikeisevil
How about?

Patrick Marleau

for

Mike Comrie

:eek: :cry: useless for SJ IMO

H-Bear 11-13-2003 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikeisevil
How about?

Patrick Marleau

for

Mike Comrie

I very much like a trade centering around these two. His $2.35 million kinda scares me though.

deathbear 11-13-2003 10:41 AM

seriously, it just goes to show you that edmonton has no chance of winning in this league if a 2.35 million dollar contract for marleau scares their fans.

i mean, something has to happen. calgary and edmonton cant survive if this is whats going to happen every time one of their prospects becomes a good player three years into their careers.

LawnDemon 11-13-2003 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikeisevil
How about?

Patrick Marleau

for

Mike Comrie

the oilers would do that in a heartbeat but the sharks would not.

what if the oilers were to toss in a mid-tier prospect?
or a 3rd/4th pick?
or horcoff (pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease)?

H-Bear 11-13-2003 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LawnDemon
the oilers would do that in a heartbeat but the sharks would not.

what if the oilers were to toss in a mid-tier prospect?
or a 3rd/4th pick?
or horcoff (pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease)?

You want Horcoff? You will have to pay BIG TIME ;)!!

How about Comrie, Horcoff for Marleau, Parker, $$ (or late pick - 5th or 6th ish).

LawnDemon 11-13-2003 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comrie
You want Horcoff? You will have to pay BIG TIME ;)!!

How about Comrie, Horcoff for Marleau, Parker, $$ (or late pick - 5th or 6th ish).

i'm an oiler fan trying to get rid of horcoff. :shakehead

the guy is terrible - but don't tell the sharks fans. ;)

H-Bear 11-13-2003 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LawnDemon
i'm an oiler fan trying to get rid of horcoff. :shakehead

the guy is terrible - but don't tell the sharks fans. ;)

I'm well aware of that ... hence why I offered Horcoff for Parker.

LawnDemon 11-13-2003 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comrie
I'm well aware of that ... hence why I offered Horcoff for Parker.

well call me mister stupid pants. :p

i'd be happy with ANYTHING for cleary... er... i mean horcoff.

seriously.

old practise jerseys.

ice shavings.

theo fleury.

ANYTHING!

Peter 11-13-2003 11:03 AM

How about injury-prone "I haven't quite lived up to my advanced billing" Brad Stuart for Comrie?

Wingboy2999 11-13-2003 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter
How about injury-prone "I haven't quite lived up to my advanced billing" Brad Stuart for Comrie?

That might work. Give the Oilers two young stud d-men (Brewer and Stuart). Not too sure of the needs of the Oilers though so I will let the Oilers fans tackle this one but it seems like it is close. Maybe a little more from SJ.

Sammy* 11-13-2003 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wingboy2999
That might work. Give the Oilers two young stud d-men (Brewer and Stuart). Not too sure of the needs of the Oilers though so I will let the Oilers fans tackle this one but it seems like it is close. Maybe a little more from SJ.

As an Oiler fan, I agree. Would Ehrhoff be way too much?

Wingboy2999 11-13-2003 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sammy
As an Oiler fan, I agree. Would Ehrhoff be way too much?

I am guessing yes. Not gonna give up 2 d-men they are using.

Slats432 11-13-2003 12:35 PM

Come on...maybe Lowe can fleece the rookie GM into giving him Marleau and Ehrhoff for Comrie and change. ;)

Jamie 11-13-2003 12:36 PM

As an Oiler fan the guy I'd really like to see coming over is Hannon. Marleau would be nice as well, but I feel like Hannon would fill a bigger void for the Oilers. After all, the Oilers could always go and sign Oates for the remainder of the year while they wait for the rest of the kids to develop. Looking post CBA, I think Hannon would be a much better option for the Oilers as Niinimakii, Pouliet, Mihknov, Stoll and Sarno could all be pushing for center jobs by then, while only a couple of dmen I think could make the team(Lynch) and Smith could be on the way out if the UFA age is lowered. And as far as getting 2 players in that class for Mike and a pick, I highly doubt it. I'd think a one for one deal is much more plausible in this situation.

Just my 2 cents on a Comrie to San Jose deal.

Sammy* 11-13-2003 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wingboy2999
I am guessing yes. Not gonna give up 2 d-men they are using.

Ehrhoff is in the minors.

Shark Attack 11-13-2003 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sammy
As an Oiler fan, I agree. Would Ehrhoff be way too much?

You may get Ehrhoff in a deal for Comrie but not Stuart or Marleau.

CHomp, CHomp

Sammy* 11-13-2003 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie
As an Oiler fan the guy I'd really like to see coming over is Hannon. Marleau would be nice as well, but I feel like Hannon would fill a bigger void for the Oilers. After all, the Oilers could always go and sign Oates for the remainder of the year while they wait for the rest of the kids to develop. Looking post CBA, I think Hannon would be a much better option for the Oilers as Niinimakii, Pouliet, Mihknov, Stoll and Sarno could all be pushing for center jobs by then, while only a couple of dmen I think could make the team(Lynch) and Smith could be on the way out if the UFA age is lowered. And as far as getting 2 players in that class for Mike and a pick, I highly doubt it. I'd think a one for one deal is much more plausible in this situation.

Just my 2 cents on a Comrie to San Jose deal.

As much as I like Hannan, in my view the Oilers have got to get offence in the form of an alleged offensive defenseman like Stuart, or an offensive forward.
Guys like Hannan , as good as they are , are a heck of alot easier to find or develop than what a guy like Stuart may turn out to be, or what a Marleau (or Comrie for that matter) already is.
The wild card in all this unfortunatly is Salo has now been so bad for so long, he is probably untradeable. The Oilers therefore seem to maybe need a goalie, & from my perspective, I didnt/dont want the Oilers utilizing an asset (Comrie) to get a goalie if the dont have to.

speeds 11-13-2003 01:08 PM

Personally the guy I'd be interested in is Michalek, but he's probably not available and he's an injury risk until proven recovered from his injury anyways.

EDM was apparantely interested in Goc back at the 01 draft, not sure how high SJ is on him. Erhoff would help, not as much as Hannan or Stuart maybe, but perhaps more available.

items perhaps of interest from an EDM standpoint:

Marleau
Boyes
Stuart
Hannan
Goc
Michalek
Sturm
Erhoff
Fahey
04 picks?

FacelessButcher 11-13-2003 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sammy
As much as I like Hannan, in my view the Oilers have got to get offence in the form of an alleged offensive defenseman like Stuart, or an offensive forward.
Guys like Hannan , as good as they are , are a heck of alot easier to find or develop than what a guy like Stuart may turn out to be, or what a Marleau (or Comrie for that matter) already is.
The wild card in all this unfortunatly is Salo has now been so bad for so long, he is probably untradeable. The Oilers therefore seem to maybe need a goalie, & from my perspective, I didnt/dont want the Oilers utilizing an asset (Comrie) to get a goalie if the dont have to.

Are you an Oiler fan we are one of the top 5 in goals scored, offense is by no means a problem(GA is) and I would love to acquire Hannan.

Sammy* 11-13-2003 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
Are you an Oiler fan we are one of the top 5 in goals scored, offense is by no means a problem(GA is) and I would love to acquire Hannan.

Yes I am & if you think that that will remain for tommorrow & in the future , I respectivly disagree.

Peter 11-13-2003 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
Are you an Oiler fan we are one of the top 5 in goals scored, offense is by no means a problem(GA is) and I would love to acquire Hannan.

As a non-Oiler fan I agree with you: scoring is not your major concern. Adding another top 4 d-man certainly is.

While Hannan would be a great addition I don't see SJ giving him up - not in the least. A guy like Stuart though, who has potential but has struggled to meet expectations, is a tradeable guy. And, IMO, a guy the Oilers would want and could use.

A straight Stuart for Comrie deal would be fair in my estimation.

thome_26 11-13-2003 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sammy
Yes I am & if you think that that will remain for tommorrow & in the future , I respectivly disagree.

The might not remain in the top five, but they sures hell will remain in the top ten with out a doubt. They could also get better, as the only player they have who is over-achieving offensively is Torres. Even if he cools off - Smyth, Dvorak, Isbister and Hemsky should all MORE then make up for that.

I wouldn't mind Stuart, but defensively he isn't exactly an upgrade on anybody we currently have in the lineup so I don't think that'll fly.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.