HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Sweet new injury..... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=278836)

Cappy76 08-08-2006 02:56 PM

Sweet new injury.....

ok so maybe its not that sweet but i can now say hey i got this playing ice hockey.

In my game sunday night a guy was dumping the puck into the zone and followed through to far and got me right in my lip sliced it in 2 my upper lip serioulsy looked like drapes spread out blood everywhere. The guys on the ice kinda looked at me weird when i jumped up quick mouth full of blood and just skated to the bench rinsed out my mouth and spit the blood out....then i went to line up again and the ref made me get off the ice. Got to ride in an Ambulance and got 5 stitches in my upper lip. Chicks dig scars right?;) looking at the pics someone took at my lip i have no idea how i stayed so calm. Imagine a 3/4'' cut from the top of your lip to just under your nose all the way through your upper lip. so basically i could pull my upper lip apart to the sides and see my teeth....only thing that sucks CAN ONLY EAT FOOD THROUGH A DAMN STRAW IM SO HUNGRY. any advice on some filling things i can eat soup and smoothies are just not cutting it:banghead:

Hugh Madbrough 08-08-2006 03:01 PM

I had my front teeth knocked out last year and was told to only eat soup/smoothies etc. Like you I was always hungry so I just started getting normal food and cutting it up into very small pieces.

stick9 08-08-2006 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cappy76 (Post 6237678)
Chicks dig scars right?;) :

I caught a stick in the face during a pile up in front of the net. The result was a cut above the eye. As I am walking to the rink office looking for something to hold it closed so I can go get stitched I pass by these two kids (about 15 or so) and say "chicks dig scars". Here I am calm as can be, blood all over the front of my jersey holding a bloody towel to my head. I hear them "woa did you see that guy". It was pretty funny.

Now you can use the line "I'd like to make out babe but my lip is all messed up". :D

Put a meal in the blender so you can drink it thru the straw. Comes out looking like baby food.

TBLfan 08-08-2006 04:16 PM

I took a puck to my forehead and it opened up a 3/4" gash on my forehead. Literally three days later at the mall I had 3 different girls randomly flirt with me in about 45 mins. At that point I realized it was true, chicks really do dig scars.

Toonces 08-08-2006 04:51 PM

Quote:

Chicks dig scars right?;)

Yeah, but they also like teeth :D

Sounds nasty, glad it wasn't worse.

arcticwinter 08-08-2006 06:49 PM

i lost a bunch of teeth and they just jammed them back in.

Magnus Fulgur 08-08-2006 09:48 PM

I blocked a wrist shot from a kid half my age who's playing for the Jr. Bluejackets next year. A month later and it's still sore (thankfully it's no longer BROWN).

Grave77digger 08-08-2006 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JM47 (Post 6237714)
I had my front teeth knocked out last year and was told to only eat soup/smoothies etc. Like you I was always hungry so I just started getting normal food and cutting it up into very small pieces.

Ditto, just had mine knocked out 2 weeks ago...:toothless

Cappy76 08-09-2006 03:11 PM

All the Docs at the ER were saying how lucky I was for not messing my teeth up. the cut was pretty deep so they said and there was a bunch of blood on the ice I heard the other day that some chick in the stands was flipping out haha....Adrenalin works in mysterious ways cause I hurt more now then I did when it happend. I was walking around the rink still in my gear trying to find a locker room key and everyone saw it was ooo'in and aaahhh'in about it so that was cool. Wish I had some hockey friends around here cause ill im around is my mom at work and customers who are saying why do you play?
I had a customer today ask how long I would be out for and I looked at her and said well we have a Playoff game next sunday and thats are 1st game since. She looked at me like I just told her i was gonna try to play on a broken leg. Haha oh well the stitches are lookin cooler and cooler everyday to all the people I see and to everyone that doesnt play hockey I seem like a tough guy for taking it and just kinda skating away like it was nothing:biglaugh:

Hugh Madbrough 08-09-2006 03:25 PM

I used to actually like sporting a black eye. It's an instant convo starter and the ladies seemed to like it.

TBLfan 08-09-2006 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cappy76 (Post 6247073)
All the Docs at the ER were saying how lucky I was for not messing my teeth up. the cut was pretty deep so they said and there was a bunch of blood on the ice I heard the other day that some chick in the stands was flipping out haha....Adrenalin works in mysterious ways cause I hurt more now then I did when it happend. I was walking around the rink still in my gear trying to find a locker room key and everyone saw it was ooo'in and aaahhh'in about it so that was cool. Wish I had some hockey friends around here cause ill im around is my mom at work and customers who are saying why do you play?
I had a customer today ask how long I would be out for and I looked at her and said well we have a Playoff game next sunday and thats are 1st game since. She looked at me like I just told her i was gonna try to play on a broken leg. Haha oh well the stitches are lookin cooler and cooler everyday to all the people I see and to everyone that doesnt play hockey I seem like a tough guy for taking it and just kinda skating away like it was nothing:biglaugh:

Lol, yeah when i got my injury i kept playing after it stopped bleeding(which lasted all of 3-4 mins). When I casually mentioned it in conversations with members of the opposite sex they were in awe... it was awesome, i kinda want to get "injured" again, lol :D

Mr Jiggyfly 08-10-2006 08:12 AM

Quote:

ok so maybe its not that sweet but i can now say hey i got this playing ice hockey.

In my game sunday night a guy was dumping the puck into the zone and followed through to far and got me right in my lip sliced it in 2 my upper lip serioulsy looked like drapes spread out blood everywhere. The guys on the ice kinda looked at me weird when i jumped up quick mouth full of blood and just skated to the bench rinsed out my mouth and spit the blood out....then i went to line up again and the ref made me get off the ice. Got to ride in an Ambulance and got 5 stitches in my upper lip. Chicks dig scars right?;) looking at the pics someone took at my lip i have no idea how i stayed so calm. Imagine a 3/4'' cut from the top of your lip to just under your nose all the way through your upper lip. so basically i could pull my upper lip apart to the sides and see my teeth....only thing that sucks CAN ONLY EAT FOOD THROUGH A DAMN STRAW IM SO HUNGRY. any advice on some filling things i can eat soup and smoothies are just not cutting it:banghead:

I had the same thing happen to me about 8 years ago.

I was backchecking and I caught this guy from behind...and he was in the middle of winding up for a slapshot..so I put my stick down parallel to his.

The puck jumped backwards and hit me in the bottom lip. My lip was split wide open and when I put my tongue over it, I could feel this huge gap.

At the ER I got some new intern, and he shot me up wrong. So I had novocaine flooding into my mouth. Then the intern forgot to tie the end of the stitches...and he had to do it all over again. I told him not to shoot me up again, and just toughed it out.

This woman was in the other room screaming the whole time about her earache...

The icing on the cake was that I had to give a speech the next day in my business ethics class. I looked like the Toxic Avenger and I was up there in front of 100 people trying to talk about "Snapple's Community Outreach Programs"

Grave77digger 08-10-2006 09:54 PM

Toxic Avenger FTW!

FutureConsiderations 08-10-2006 10:13 PM

I know it sounds weird, but protein shakes actually fill you up pretty well.

Cappy76 08-11-2006 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LURinkRat (Post 6259221)
I know it sounds weird, but protein shakes actually fill you up pretty well.

I've noticed! Monday after it happend i was in bed all day and didnt eat much on tues when i came into work i was dead cause i had nothing in my system i went out and got a Smoothie that had a **** load of protein in it and it perked me up and filled me up for the day! But I got to eat McDonnalds today so yay for solid food again!:yo: