HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Moore and Healey down- Ortmeyer up (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=27884)

Fire Sather 11-13-2003 09:39 AM

Moore and Healey down- Ortmeyer up
 
http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressb...es.asp?id=1045

FU Sather. At least he called up another young player though.

#37-#93-#27* 11-13-2003 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nYr LunDmArK 21
http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressb...es.asp?id=1045

FU Sather. At least he called up another young player though.

What's the point of sending down Moore only to bring up Ortmeyer. It's not like Moore did bad here.

Larry Melnyk 11-13-2003 10:07 AM

I think they want to show Ortmeyer what it's like to ride the bench and fetch hot dogs in the NHL and watch Messier skate (sometimes) 18-20 mins a night ....

Or with Lindros injury, they were gonna play one of Moore or Lundmark at 4th C while the other gets hosed, so they might as well send him back down for minutes in Hartforfd and bring up a guy that also maybe deserved a recall (Ortmeirer) and, of course, a vet in Healy to be wing fill-ins rather then Moore who they see as a C???

barnaby63 11-13-2003 10:12 AM

if i am not mistaken, the wolfpack play a game tomorrow night and moore could just be playing for them that one game then come back up for saturdays game against the devils, sorta like what happened this week.

John Flyers Fan 11-13-2003 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
I think they want to show Ortmeyer what it's like to ride the bench and fetch hot dogs in the NHL and watch Messier skate (sometimes) 18-20 mins a night ....

Or with Lindros injury, they were gonna play one of Moore or Lundmark at 4th C while the other gets hosed,


:lol: :lol: Classic Larry ... for some reason when I read your posts I think of Richard Belzer, with the dry voice just ripping one-liners off about Sather

i'm sure people at work think i'm a whack job for laughing out loud for no particular reason ...

Fletch 11-13-2003 10:23 AM

Perhaps Barnaby is correct...
 
but I somehow doubt it...Sather's thinking that the top three lines will play 18-20 minutes each and Moore would only get 2-3 minutes, so for once Sather's saying this makes no sense to have this kid here not playing. Unfortunately, Sather's an idiot for not rolling four lines. It hasn't bit him in the arse just yet (Mess has not yet run out of steam), but a nice road trip will put an end to that.

Larry Melnyk 11-13-2003 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
:lol: :lol: Classic Larry ... for some reason when I read your posts I think of Richard Belzer, with the dry voice just ripping one-liners off about Sather

i'm sure people at work think i'm a whack job for laughing out loud for no particular reason ...

Belzer--I love him, but Am I that sarcastic and cynical? Nah.....:)

Bird Law 11-13-2003 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
Belzer--I love him, but Am I that sarcastic and cynical? Nah.....:)

No way! I always likened you to the tender and sweetness of Mr. Rogers... :)

n8 11-13-2003 11:19 AM

i say it's abot time! moore should be playing 20 min. a night. i'd prefer healy or rheaume riding pine or bird watching rather than moore or even ortmeyer who btw is the one who won those defensive and 2-way awards in college. i just hope they use him more than 10 min a game.

Melrose_Jr. 11-13-2003 11:21 AM

In the words of Irene Ryan, "Jeeeeeeeeeeeed!!!!!"

Can't wait to get a look at the kid. Let's hope we get the chance! :mad:

Melrose_Jr. 11-13-2003 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n8
ortmeyer who btw is the one who won those defensive and 2-way awards in college. .

Wolverine Captain and 2 time team MVP. 2003 CCHA's best defensive forward and CCHA playoff MVP. That's a pretty stout resume'.

Larry Melnyk 11-13-2003 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
In the words of Irene Ryan, "Jeeeeeeeeeeeed!!!!!"

Can't wait to get a look at the kid. Let's hope we get the chance! :mad:

Better then the usually more applicable "Pitiful, Pitiful, Pitiful....."...I too am looking forward to seeingOrtmeyer---I like everything I hear about the guy (at 25, not really a kid) as a nuts and bolts player..

Larry Melnyk 11-13-2003 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
Wolverine Captain and 2 time team MVP. 2003 CCHA's best defensive forward and CCHA playoff MVP. That's a pretty stout resume'.

This guy has heart and character in spades as typified by his playing for months on a screwed up ACL or MCL that was killing him but really couldn't get worse...Berenson said he was the best captain he ever had at UM..

SingnBluesOnBroadway 11-13-2003 11:51 AM

Maybe getting a look at Ortmeyer to decide which one, Moore or Ortmeyer, to deal? Seems like they might be similar players...

n8 11-13-2003 11:59 AM

wow! best captain? coming from Berenson? :eek: <eye popping sound effect> at 25, i would love to see him stick and given some quality ice time. at least 10, but more like 14-15 a game. 2-8-10 in 14, +8, 2nd to Wiseman and Tyutin respectively. stats have him at RW but i think he plays all forward positions. looks like he'll play with D-lac and lundy and get little ice time. :rant:

Kodiak 11-13-2003 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Maybe getting a look at Ortmeyer to decide which one, Moore or Ortmeyer, to deal? Seems like they might be similar players...

I think it's that Ortmeyer is more a defensive forward and Moore is more of a 2-way player. Ortmeyer probably just fits better in a 4th line role. Whether or not he'll actually play is another story.

n8 11-13-2003 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Maybe getting a look at Ortmeyer to decide which one, Moore or Ortmeyer, to deal? Seems like they might be similar players...

curse you because it might be true!
these guys should be how we build post CBA so i hope Sather has brains to keep them.

n8 11-13-2003 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodiak
I think it's that Ortmeyer is more a defensive forward and Moore is more of a 2-way player. Ortmeyer probably just fits better in a 4th line role. Whether or not he'll actually play is another story.

i agree. i could see ortmeyer and murray as future 3rd liners. imagine them flanking holik as a checking line. :rolly: and hopefully moore and lundmark turn out to be 2nd liners.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 11-13-2003 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n8
curse you because it might be true!
these guys should be how we build post CBA so i hope Sather has brains to keep them.


Hey, I agree. Just speculatin' over here.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:08 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.