HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Penguins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Hit Somebody!!! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=27924)

Ausburgh 11-13-2003 11:37 AM

Hit Somebody!!!

I'm so frustrated especially after last nights game.

I woke up in the middle of the night saying - "Hit Somebody!" over and over again.

Did you guys see Holik slash Fleury?

In fact it's still ringing in my head ...

HIT SOMEBODY!!!!!!! :mad:
HIT SOMETHING!!!!! :cry: :mad:

You guys ease my pain!!! Please!!!!!!!!!!!

Unholy Diver 11-13-2003 11:46 AM

that was a great Warren Zevon song

Darth Vitale 11-13-2003 01:34 PM

Hitting someone requires a defensman who can skate and throw his weight around a little. On our roster there are two, perhaps three people who can do that. Orpik, Focht and occasionally Melichar (I still think he's afraid to re-injure himself, and who can blame him really?). The rest are either complete stiffs or offensive-natured (like Tarnstrom).

The Tang 11-13-2003 01:36 PM

this is why i would like a bunch of webb like players on the team. did he play last night? does he ever play?

JDB3939 11-13-2003 02:20 PM

Brooks is our best fighter, best hitter, best defenseman, best breakout passer so far. Damn, what hasn't he done this year?

I knew this team was going to be bad...... but not this bad.

Speed Kills 11-13-2003 03:03 PM

I think our best checker is Koltsov. He has a nasty side and finishes his checks. His motor never stops either. As far as the slash on Fleury, I am upset no one stood up to protect him. He is our start and you don't want anyone taking free shots. Someone did need to drop the gloves and send a message, but no one did. This was even a blowout........

JDB3939 11-13-2003 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed Kills
I think our best checker is Koltsov. He has a nasty side and finishes his checks. His motor never stops either. As far as the slash on Fleury, I am upset no one stood up to protect him. He is our start and you don't want anyone taking free shots. Someone did need to drop the gloves and send a message, but no one did. This was even a blowout........

No offense, but you can't be serious.

Yes Koltsov can check. But he doesn't have the timing or size Orpik does. Koltsov can hit along the boards I'm sure, but in open ice I don't think he comes close to Brooks.

Speed Kills 11-13-2003 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDB3939
No offense, but you can't be serious.

Yes Koltsov can check. But he doesn't have the timing or size Orpik does. Koltsov can hit along the boards I'm sure, but in open ice I don't think he comes close to Brooks.

I am not talking about open ice. I am talking along the boards. Even though he doesnt have Brooks size, he does have strength and a nastier disposition. This kid has a mean streak that I love. I thought the hit in Tampa that was called a boarding was the best check I have seen this year by anyone in a Pens uniform.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina 11-13-2003 03:46 PM

Has Koltsov been playing nasty at the end of blowouts? I saw part of the third period vs. Tampa on NHL On The Fly, and he seemed to be looking to start something.

JDB3939 11-13-2003 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed Kills
I am not talking about open ice. I am talking along the boards. Even though he doesnt have Brooks size, he does have strength and a nastier disposition. This kid has a mean streak that I love. I thought the hit in Tampa that was called a boarding was the best check I have seen this year by anyone in a Pens uniform.

Mean streak? Brooks start his NHL career with over 40 PIM in his first 2 games.

Jacob 11-13-2003 07:59 PM

It doesn't take a mean streak to throw knee-on-knee hits.

tom_servo 11-13-2003 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacobv2
It doesn't take a mean streak to throw knee-on-knee hits.

That's an evil streak. Which is sometimes even better!

But seriously, Brooks is our best hitter, but Koltsov is probably our best and most consistent physical forward. Which is great. You always ask guys who aren't scoring to at least do something else, and KK is doing that.

Der Schweinehund 11-14-2003 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom_servo
But seriously, Brooks is our best hitter, but Koltsov is probably our best and most consistent physical forward.

Which, however, is indicative of a sad state of affairs when you have noted physical energy players like Webb, Buchberger, and Bradley on your team and Koltsov is the top gun in that respect.

No disrespect intended to Koltsov of course - who, quite frankly, has been the biggest and most wonderful surprise to me this year in seeing how complete his game is. This guy isn't perimeter - he is an out and out warrior.

The Tang 11-14-2003 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeofWindsor
You would like more than one coward that turtles and never touches the puck on your team?

Domi
Tucker
Roberts
Marchment
Nolan

dont ever complain about anyone elses players ever. you have the biggest cheap shotters in the league. your players end careers, they dont deserve to be in this league. what they do isnt a whole lot better than what McSoreley did.

besides, Webb is an agitator, like Barnaby. he gets under peoples skin and raws penalties, thats his game. he admits he isnt a fighter, but he also doesnt do flying knees or elbows like aboved mentioned.

btw, how is it Nolan ended Beukabooms career? thats right! he was too afraid to get hit, so he put his elbow up! how many times does he do that hmm...?

The Tang 11-14-2003 10:06 AM

Quote:

Tucker, Roberts, Marchment and Nolan throw their weight around, and they will drop the gloves to, unlike Webb. They also have possesion of the puck occasionally, also unlike Webb. Tucker Roberts and Nolan score goals and Marchment is a decent defencemen. All around solid players, unlike Webb. How can you compare those four to Steve Webb? And yes Webb did stick his knee out on Nolan, which is why he went to work on him behind the net.

Also, Matt Johnson ended Jeff Beukeboom's career , not Owen Nolan smart guy.

they injure people on purpose, unlike webb. they throw flying elbows unliek webb. they are known as cheap shot artists aroud the league unlike webb. they get suspended time and time again unlike webb. Webb is a 4th liner, THIS IS WHAT THEY DO! you dont like it, too ba, dbut according to your throery of people not always taking the puck, no 4th liner and a lot of 4th liners arent solid players. the majority of webbs hits are clean, whihc none of those guys can say.

but hey, i like webb. not only does he get under opposing players skin, but he gets under their fans skin too. nothing is going to change, so live with it.

Plan 9 11-14-2003 10:11 AM

Quote:

Tucker Roberts , Nolan and Domi score goals.

So what? Anyone who scores goals can't be a dirty player?

JDB3939 11-14-2003 10:20 AM

The Leafs have the dirtiest players in the league. What do you expect from a coach that is partially responsible for ending Orr's career?

Plan 9 11-14-2003 10:21 AM

Quote:

but they also play hockey, Webb does not.

Blame it on the NHL. If there were fewer teams, maybe we wouldn't see guys like McKenna and Webb in the league. I sure wouldn't miss them.

Fata19 11-14-2003 10:23 AM

If my memory is right, i believe that Webb beat the crap out of Tucker two years ago in the playoffs.
Plus, the only player out of that whole list there worth talking about is Roberts. Nolan is washed up and Toronto wants him out and Domi and Tucker just plain suck

Steve Latin* 11-14-2003 10:38 AM

Quote:

Roberts is not a dirty player

Domi's elbow on Scott Niedermayer was wrong.

Tucker's playoff ending hit on Peca was clean, and looked just like some hits Peca has thrown.

Marchment has purposely injured people in the past, but he seems to have grown out of it.

Nolan is a mean guy, but he does not spend the game ignoring the puck while looking for someone to hurt.

none of the above mentioned start each game with the intention of injuring someone, Webb does.

Honestly I would not mind Webb if he actually played some hockey between his hits.

You're calling Webb dirty and not Tucker? What ****ing planet are you on? Go back to your own board and start planning the usual first to second round exit in the playoffs.

No wonder everybody hates Leafs fans.

S L

Pinto 11-14-2003 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Latin
You're calling Webb dirty and not Tucker? What ****ing planet are you on? Go back to your own board and start planning the usual first to second round exit in the playoffs.

S L

anyone who says webb isnt dirty, is a troll

JDB3939 11-14-2003 10:58 AM

Quote:

Tucker's playoff ending hit on Peca was clean, and looked just like some hits Peca has thrown.

Marchment has purposely injured people in the past, but he seems to have grown out of it.

Tucker went low on him. Not exactly illegal, but when he says several times in the paper or to Peca that he was going to come after him. Makes you think.

Marchment just can't hit right. He sticks his legs and knees out everytime he hits it seems like. It isn't a maturity thing, it's a pure stupidity thing.

Epoch 11-14-2003 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Latin

S L

The Leafs at least make the playoffs. The same can't be said about the Penguins.The Pens pretty much play every game on the road,no one cheers them on;)

The Tang 11-14-2003 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOR-TOWN
The Leafs at least make the playoffs. The same can't be said about the Penguins.The Pens pretty much play every game on the road,no one cheers them on;)

we have two players that will draw fans from any city compared to your 0, so dont go acting holier than thou

The Tang 11-14-2003 11:12 AM

in all honesty, how many times has this conversation been had? Toronto fans webb is dirty, everyone else on the boards say their players are dirty. end result: not a damn thing changes. we end up getting tired of talking about it and just go our seperate ways leaving the same as when we started. Pens fans wont convince toronto fans and vice versa, so might as well just let it go.