HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Nathan Martz tidbit (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=27929)

Bluenote13 11-13-2003 01:06 PM

Nathan Martz tidbit

Nate scored the game tying goal with under 2 minutes left as he helped #2 New Hampshire tie #3 Boston College last night.

KING 11-13-2003 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluenote13
Nate scored the game tying goal with under 2 minutes left as he helped #2 New Hampshire tie #3 Boston College last night.

Thanks for the info

E-Train 11-14-2003 05:56 AM

I noticed he has 10 points in 6 games, good size, looks like another prospect to provide depth in Hartford next year.

barnaby63 11-14-2003 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E-Train
I noticed he has 10 points in 6 games, good size, looks like another prospect to provide depth in Hartford next year.

prospect?depth?rangers? never!*

*or at least according to some posters.

Fletch 11-14-2003 07:03 AM

Prospect? Depth? Rangers?

one would hope it would happen. But what good is the depth/prospects if they're not used when they should be used? A centerman goes down and instead of calling someone up to play, minutes of others are increased. Instead of having competition for spots, they're shut-out from the get-go. It gets tougher and tougher being a prospect in New York as the team continues to not make the playoffs.

True Blue 11-14-2003 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barnaby63

Where is this depth? Does not depth mean that if an injury occurs, that you have players who can step in? Who is stepping in? All I am seeing is when an injury occurs, the top 3 lines play more minutes. I do not see the depth in order to properly judge it. There is no depth obvioulsy that Sather feels is capable of playing in the NHL, other wise why would Sather's first choice to replace Lindros be a retread? And if the preceived "depth" is not capable of playing in the NHL, then how is it "depth"?

E-Train 11-14-2003 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Blue
Where is this depth? Does not depth mean that if an injury occurs, that you have players who can step in? Who is stepping in? All I am seeing is when an injury occurs, the top 3 lines play more minutes. I do not see the depth in order to properly judge it. There is no depth obvioulsy that Sather feels is capable of playing in the NHL, other wise why would Sather's first choice to replace Lindros be a retread? And if the preceived "depth" is not capable of playing in the NHL, then how is it "depth"?

The problem is the "preceived depth" is only not capable of playing in the NHL for the Rangers. On at least 25 of the 30 teams most of our AHL depth would have seen some time in the bigs.

Even the Fishsticks are working in young AHL players and giving them a shot. Guys like Hunter, Mapletoft, Bergenheim are not much better than Moore, Murray and Wiseman but with Jackass at the helm the young players are blocked.

This team has young players but they will not get a shot because of Sather not because they can't play in the NHL

#37-#93-#27* 11-14-2003 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barnaby63

You are ridiculous. Martz hasn't proven to be a legit prospect yet. He's just another fringe one for now. Similar to where Moore was two years ago.

True Blue 11-14-2003 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E-Train
This team has young players but they will not get a shot because of Sather not because they can't play in the NHL

The fact remains, then, that there is no depth. Does not matter the reason for them not playing, the depth is not here. Therefore, there is no depth.

Fletch 11-14-2003 07:59 AM

I think...

a point+ per game UNH senior is a legit prospect.

#37-#93-#27* 11-14-2003 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch
a point+ per game UNH senior is a legit prospect.

Let him finish the season first. I'm not saying he can't be, just saying he isn't now. To me he's in the same boat as Jonasen.

E-Train 11-14-2003 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Blue
The fact remains, then, that there is no depth. Does not matter the reason for them not playing, the depth is not here. Therefore, there is no depth.

Then with Jackass in charge we will never have depth. I know what you are saying and it is exactly why the Rangers are and will continue to be the laughing stock of the NHL.

Looking forward to seeing 19 minutes for Jurassic Mark tomorrow :mad:

Bluenote13 11-14-2003 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
Let him finish the season first. I'm not saying he can't be, just saying he isn't now. To me he's in the same boat as Jonasen.

I agree with you to a certain extent. Martz & Jonasen are two players who have progressed annually & who both have NHL size. You can't overlook those two facts. Of course, even the highly touted players have to produce at the highest levels(at least at the AHL level) to really be considered depth prospects, but that doesn't mean you can't get excited about prospects that have shown they can develop from one year to the next.

Fletch 11-14-2003 08:53 AM

so what's a prospect?

do you have to be in the AHL to be a prospect? Or can you be in any league and be a top pick to be a prospect?

#37-#93-#27* 11-14-2003 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch
do you have to be in the AHL to be a prospect? Or can you be in any league and be a top pick to be a prospect?

Well he's trying to use Martz to back up his Rangers have prospect depth claim. If the criteria was just to be a young player drafted by the team then every single team would have good prospect depth.

Barnaby 11-14-2003 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
Well he's trying to use Martz to back up his Rangers have prospect depth claim. If the criteria was just to be a young player drafted by the team then every single team would have good prospect depth.

He's a decent prospect.... Hopefully if you get a few of these guys then one of them can turn into a solid NHLer. It wouldn't get me ecstatic, but why not get a little excited that one of our prospects is having success?