HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Rangers National TV Schedule (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=279477)

HockeyBasedNYC 08-10-2006 09:52 AM

Rangers National TV Schedule

The national TV slate was released today.
http://www.nhl.com/news/2006/08/278602.html
As usual, MSG network will lose close to ten home games.

VERSUS - a.k.a: OLN

Tues - Oct 10 - Flyers - 7pm
Tues - Nov 14 - Devils - 7pm
Tues - Nov 21 - Hurricanes - 7pm
Mon - Jan 29 - @ Bruins - 7pm
Mon - Feb 5 - Red Wings - 7pm
Mon - Mar 5 - Islanders - 7pm
Mon - Mar 19 - Penguins - 7pm

NBC

Sat - Jan 13 - Bruins - 2:00 Pm
Sun - Feb 18 - Blackhawks - 3:30 pm
Sun - Mar 11 - Hurricanes - 12:30 pm
Sun - Mar 25 - @ Islanders - 12:30 pm

BigCanada77 08-10-2006 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC (Post 6252613)

NBC

These are the only games I'll get to see When up at college in Rochester. Stupid Sabres rule the airwaves there. I've expressed my angst and disgust about this topic here before, so I wont go into it.;) But Rangers v Bruins??? Rangers v Blackhawks???? Hmm, not exactly marquee matchups. Thought NBC would want a Flyer game or a Devil Game.... or something like a rivalry.

NYR1724 08-10-2006 11:37 AM

I goto school in Buffalo and live in Buffalo too, but anyways you coutn the 4 games against the Sabres - you'll see 15 games. For me atleast - I have center ice at my house, so during breaks at school - I'll be seeing at least 50 percent of the Rangers games this year.

Pugs35 08-10-2006 11:51 AM

Quote:

I go to school in Pittsburgh, so I'll get those national games and the 7 other Penguins games

I really wish NHL.com offered the same thing that MLB has

J-Dawg 08-10-2006 12:14 PM

Quote:

NBC

Don't get OLN down here in Southern NY (unless they've added it since last season). Occationally we'd get OLN on the "overflow" channel until Sportsnet NY replaced it. Effn Cablevision! :madfire:

Choice 08-10-2006 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pugs35 (Post 6253551)

I really wish NHL.com offered the same thing that MLB has

Yeah it's so stupid that they don't, especially when so few people get OLN. Even the AHL does it! :shakehead

Finest 08-10-2006 12:44 PM

^ If you get IO digital cable, you get OLN its channel 409. My GF just got IO so now I can watch those games that I couldnt previously see. Yeah shes really excited about watching 82 reg season games.:D

kasparaitis666 08-10-2006 01:06 PM

Does anyone know what kind of cable the baltimore area gets, Ill be down there for college this year, and Its going to suck if I miss a lot of Ranger games. On the other hand I would imagine ill get the broadcast for Caps games, because washington isnt that far away..

Stevedude530 08-10-2006 01:12 PM

I think OLN is Channel 2 on Comcast in the Baltimore area. Are you near Towson?

kasparaitis666 08-10-2006 01:44 PM

Thats where im going to school Towson U.

Bluenote13 08-10-2006 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kasparaitis666 (Post 6254532)
Thats where im going to school Towson U.

Nice ! Is Casa Mia's still around? ;)

kasparaitis666 08-10-2006 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevedude530 (Post 6254236)
I think OLN is Channel 2 on Comcast in the Baltimore area. Are you near Towson?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluenote13 (Post 6254564)
Nice ! Is Casa Mia's still around? ;)

Well im not exactly sure what that is because im going to be a freshmen this year, but once I find out ill be sure to let you know :yo:

Draft Guru 08-10-2006 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kasparaitis666 (Post 6254608)
Well im not exactly sure what that is because im going to be a freshmen this year, but once I find out ill be sure to let you know :yo:

Towson is a pretty fun school, went there twice last year to visit on the weekends. I have a handful of friends that go there. BTW the girls are gorgeous. ;)

As for the TV schedule, the less national broadcasts the better IMO. The Rangers dont seem to fair particularly well on national broadcasts, at least from what I recall.

The Amity Affliction 08-10-2006 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draft Guru (Post 6255941)
Towson is a pretty fun school, went there twice last year to visit on the weekends. I have a handful of friends that go there. BTW the girls are gorgeous. ;)

As for the TV schedule, the less national broadcasts the better IMO. The Rangers dont seem to fair particularly well on national broadcasts, at least from what I recall.

Yeah, that was one of the great parts of ESPN's national coverage... they always got big games with the Rangers because fair-weather fans will watch a big-market team play, and the Rangers would end up losing 95% of the time.

It pretty much defeated it's purpose. Who wonders what would have happened if the Rangers were to actually win games on National Hockey Night Telecasts.

NYR94 08-11-2006 12:22 AM

Wow, OLN really likes the Rangers. Lets hope they're past their technical difficulties. Didn't the first period of the Rangers first game have no sound on OLN?

Speaking of televising hockey games, does anyone know if NHL Center Ice is a good deal? I got it on my IO Digital Cable from Cablevision for a free week at the beginning of last season and I really liked it because I got to see all the West Coast games.

I have MSG, FSNY, OLN (soon to be Versus), so I have no problem catching Rangers, Islanders and Devils games plus the teams that OLN likes to show (Pittsburgh, Detroit). I'll watch Islanders and Devils games because I'm a sucker for hockey but I don't like those teams and it gets boring fast. And I hate not getting a chance to really see the teams out west like Calgary, Los Angeles, Anaheim, San Jose, Colorado, etc. So I'm wondering if Center Ice is a good thing to get.

The Amity Affliction 08-11-2006 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR94 (Post 6259714)
Wow, OLN really likes the Rangers. Lets hope they're past their technical difficulties. Didn't the first period of the Rangers first game have no sound on OLN?

You'd be correct with that, as I ordered it right on opening night, and when I first got it, I called them back and was yapping off at them on the phone when I found that there was no sound. But then we proceeded to beat the Flyers like redheaded stepchildren, so I was happy.

Quote:

Speaking of televising hockey games, does anyone know if NHL Center Ice is a good deal? I got it on my IO Digital Cable from Cablevision for a free week at the beginning of last season and I really liked it because I got to see all the West Coast games.
I'll tell you from my experience, there's nothing like falling asleep right after the late game, especially watching Vancouver, San Jose, Edmonton, and Calgary. I've had center ice for the past few seasons. If you get it in the preseason or early on in the year, it's just under $110, so figure about $110 for about 99% of all out of market games, plus world juniors coverage... one hell of a deal if you ask me.

Quote:

I have MSG, FSNY, OLN (soon to be Versus), so I have no problem catching Rangers, Islanders and Devils games plus the teams that OLN likes to show (Pittsburgh, Detroit). I'll watch Islanders and Devils games because I'm a sucker for hockey but I don't like those teams and it gets boring fast. And I hate not getting a chance to really see the teams out west like Calgary, Los Angeles, Anaheim, San Jose, Colorado, etc. So I'm wondering if Center Ice is a good thing to get.
Like I said, you'll love it. Worth every penny. Colorado's usually fun to watch too. I love watching LA, and hearing Randy Newman's "I Love LA" after they score is great. When Warren Zevon died a few years ago, Phoenix used "Werewolves Of London" as their goal song in tribute to Zevon, and I thought that was AWESOME. Anaheim was great to watch last year. Vancouver's always fun to watch. I liked watching Boston. I love watching St. Louis and Chicago, even though lately they haven't been great. I absolutely love watching Edmonton.

I could go on and on, but I won't... so yeah, definitely get it.

shoothepuck 08-11-2006 09:00 AM

Good to see that the scedule is out. I wish NBC would just stop with hockey because I hate to listen to Bill Clemente during those games.

RegalRangers 08-11-2006 02:11 PM

I struggled with not being able to see Ranger games up here in Boston for four years (technically three cause of the lockout) and now that I'm a college grad I'm finally moving back to the new york area! I missed MSG so much. Bruins games were boring and the NESN coverage was always terrible.

Be thankful for MSG they really do an amazing job compared to a lot of teams' local coverage.

BrooklynRangersFan 08-11-2006 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingHendrik35 (Post 6254008)
^ If you get IO digital cable, you get OLN its channel 409. My GF just got IO so now I can watch those games that I couldnt previously see. Yeah shes really excited about watching 82 reg season games.:D

I thought it was 406? Whatever - search the low 400s if you have iO - it's there. Just look for the channel showing bow-hunting clinics in the offseason.:shakehead

By the way, be aware that they're going to (or have they already?) rebrand as Versus. (In case you didn't read the original post closely.)

BrooklynRangersFan 08-11-2006 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan (Post 6264412)
I thought it was 406? Whatever - search the low 400s if you have iO - it's there. Just look for the channel showing bow-hunting clinics in the offseason.:shakehead

By the way, be aware that they're going to (or have they already?) rebrand as Versus. (In case you didn't read the original post closely.)

I was worried that I had given bad advice so I just checked and OLN (at least that's what the channel info window still calls it) is in fact 408.

And the current viewing classic is... drumroll, please... Fly Fishing Masters.

Ooh! "Bubba tosses the li'l feller back 'cause them ain't good eatin', nuh-uh" - my favorite episode!

NYRchick 08-13-2006 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR94 (Post 6259714)

OLN had it's share of Avs games this past season.I can recall seeing at least 4 AVS games televized on OLN

nyrmessier011 08-13-2006 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RegalRangers (Post 6263302)
I struggled with not being able to see Ranger games up here in Boston for four years (technically three cause of the lockout) and now that I'm a college grad I'm finally moving back to the new york area! I missed MSG so much. Bruins games were boring and the NESN coverage was always terrible.

Be thankful for MSG they really do an amazing job compared to a lot of teams' local coverage.

I agree. MSG is wayyyyy better than most other networks covering hockey. Watching other games on center ice is brutal sometimes. I hate when I turn on a TB-Ottawa game to find out the brutal guys in Tampa Bay are calling the game and talking like you don't know what a hockey puck is.

By the way, I was on the fence deciding whether to go to Bentley (Boston suburbs) or Fordham in NY and I can honestly say a large portion of my decision centered around the rangers and yankees because I was equal about the rest of the decisions. What a great decision.

The Amity Affliction 08-13-2006 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan (Post 6266263)
And the current viewing classic is... drumroll, please... Fly Fishing Masters.

Ooh! "Bubba tosses the li'l feller back 'cause them ain't good eatin', nuh-uh" - my favorite episode!

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

The sad part is that ranks up there with Bullriding as OLN's top non-hockey programming.