HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   ot- parking and food near bell center?? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=280101)

gerrythegreat 08-12-2006 08:03 AM

ot- parking and food near bell center??

I am hoping some of you can help me out. I am bringing my wife to see the Dixie Chicks at the bell center tonight and was wondering where is the best place to park. Last time I was there I made the mistake of parking in the parking in front of the bell center and was stuck behind some cars for 45 min after the show.

Would also love to hear about your favorite place to eat around the bell center ( give or take 10 min walk or drive, depending on if I park before we eat or not). Queue de cheval is 2 expensive and St hubert is 2 ordinary for tonight. open to suggestions

thank you very much

beowulf 08-12-2006 08:13 AM

Baton Rouge accross the street is great. As for parking I usually try and find something on the street if not I park under one of the hotels close by.

Nova_Scotia_Vees 08-12-2006 08:15 AM

yeah the hotels are the way to go a little pricey but safe.

gerrythegreat 08-12-2006 08:16 AM

thanx, what hotel and how much is it about?

DCL72 08-12-2006 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gerrythegreat (Post 6268224)
I am hoping some of you can help me out. I am bringing my wife to see the Dixie Chicks at the bell center tonight and was wondering where is the best place to park. Last time I was there I made the mistake of parking in the parking in front of the bell center and was stuck behind some cars for 45 min after the show.

Would also love to hear about your favorite place to eat around the bell center ( give or take 10 min walk or drive, depending on if I park before we eat or not). Queue de cheval is 2 expensive and St hubert is 2 ordinary for tonight. open to suggestions

Hi, When do you plan on eating. Before or after the show? If after, getting out of downtown shouldn't be a problem, no matter where you park.

If before, it might take longer, but the Dixie chicks are a "B" level attraction, so I don't imagine there will be massive lines out of downtown. Under no circumstances would I ever recommend the parking lot immediately in front of the Bell Centre.

two spots where I usually park. These are only valid if your heading west after the concert.

#1, on the southwest corner of Rene Levesque and Crescent. There's an access road to the Ville Marie expressway on Crescent, so this parking lot empties right into it. The problem is, there also tends to be a bottleneck in the parking lot and on the merge to the expressway.

#2, IDEAL parking lot, immediately south of the Bay & Burger King on St. catherines Street, and about a block east of University. (sorry, not sure of the cross street). Its about 10 minutes from the bell centre, and they only charge $5, even on event nights. You'll still run into traffic though trying to leave the downtown area. (RECOMMENDATION: head east a block or two, then go north to De Maisonneuve and then south on Fort street, where there's an access to the Ville Marie)

As for restaurants, there are plenty in the downtown area, so take a stroll and see what piques your fancy. I like rotisserie excellente on St. Marc & St. Catherines (Italian), but I believe its closed for the summer.

My recommendation is perhaps take the wife out for a drink after the concert, and give traffic a half hour or so to disappear, and I think you'll be much happier.

DCL72 08-12-2006 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beowulf (Post 6268247)
Baton Rouge accross the street is great. As for parking I usually try and find something on the street if not I park under one of the hotels close by.

Problem with the Baton Rouge is you have to go very early, or else you could be waiting in line for half an hour just for a seat, then wait for service, and your food, and your bill.....

gerrythegreat 08-12-2006 08:30 AM

wow thanx alot, didnt think i would get that many responses so soon.

We are gonna eat before ( we have 1 7 month old baby at home and we need to drive 1.5 hours home after)

baton rouge we have been before so it is an option but not my first choice.

I should of mentioned that we will want to get on the 20 west after.

thanx again

Moester 08-12-2006 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gerrythegreat (Post 6268301)
wow thanx alot, didnt think i would get that many responses so soon.

We are gonna eat before ( we have 1 7 month old baby at home and we need to drive 1.5 hours home after)

baton rouge we have been before so it is an option but not my first choice.

I should of mentioned that we will want to get on the 20 west after.

thanx again

My suggestion is that if you're up for a walk, to head up to Park and St-Catherine's you'll be right near the highway, there's usually some good parking around there, there's quite a few restaurants around. If you're a Habs fan and not in town much you can go see the old forum, there's a Guido's and Angelina's there which serves good food for not too much, if you're really on a budgjet and you like chinese food, you can head to one of the local noodle places for a relatively cheap and good meal.

I hope that you have a good concert man!

Cheers!

gerrythegreat 08-12-2006 11:34 AM

thanx man

not on a tight budget but dont want to spend more than lets say 125 or so for dinner including tax and a decent bottle of red.

Kirk Muller* 08-12-2006 02:01 PM

I usually park way down south near st-jacques and walk up to the bell centre. it's a few minutes walk but i don't have to pay anything.

as for resutarnts, i really don't know. baton rouge, guide & angelina, etc. are all kind of crappy imo.

bayrider 08-12-2006 02:38 PM

I usually park in an underground parking lot on Peel and Dorchester, across the street from the CIBC building, right at the north end of Dorchester park. The parking is cheap ($8) for Habs games and in winter, your car will stay warm!! Its about a 2-3min walk to the Bell center.