HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Penguins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Just GREAT.....:( (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=28022)

stardog 11-13-2003 08:50 PM

Just GREAT.....:(

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/03318/239737.stm

Dear Lord if thats the answer we are in BIG trouble.

Seriously are Molinari and Edzo watching the same Holzinger as we are?
Is Holzinger watching the same Holzinger we are? :dunno:

"Since I've come back in the lineup, I've played a lot better, a lot more like what was expected of me"-Holzie

tom_servo 11-13-2003 11:23 PM

Well, since Holzinger is logging minutes on this team, he has to be part of the answer. Asking him to perform better is nothing but logical. I don't know if you've looked at the roster this season, but the Pens need every ounce of production from all areas.

stardog 11-13-2003 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom_servo
Well, since Holzinger is logging minutes on this team, he has to be part of the answer. Asking him to perform better is nothing but logical. I don't know if you've looked at the roster this season, but the Pens need every ounce of production from all areas.

Of course they do....but like stated, if this is what we're counting on then we're in trouble cuz he is unable of providing it.

GoRyanMalone 11-14-2003 01:03 AM

Quote:

Sounds like you'd make an excellent GM.

kutdacheez 11-14-2003 03:38 AM

Quote:

There are rumors that some of the posters on these boards are actual NHL hockey players . . . this post will lead to rumors that some could be General Managers! :D
Just kidding, T_S . . . really. But you do sound a little like CP here, don't you think?

SaintRon 11-14-2003 03:41 AM

Quote:

Um, what exactly is Holzinger doing to earn his 1 mil + salary?

Player GP G A PTS +/- PIM ATOI PPG PPA SHG SHA SOG SPCT
B. Holzinger, C 12 0 2 2 -5 6 15:45 0 2 0 0 11 0.0

Impressive. Asking Holzy to step up his play is like asking Mario to burst up the ice, split the D and beat the netminder like a rented mule. Didn't BH's leg explode way back when? If Holzy pulls this team outta the funk they are in, I'm playing the lottery. ;-)

tom_servo 11-14-2003 03:43 AM

You guys are misinterpreting my post. All I said, in a nutshell, without any spin whatsoever, was that Holzinger is on the roster, so he'd better start producing.

Personally, I think the guy sucks, and have always said so.

It should be noted that Tampa Bay is paying half his salary, however.

Der Schweinehund 11-14-2003 04:41 AM

Quote:

You guys are misinterpreting my post. All I said, in a nutshell, without any spin whatsoever, was that Holzinger is on the roster, so he'd better start producing.

A very fair statement indeed. I don't think many people feel he should be getting the icetime, but as he is, he must produce (as opposed to he is produce).

Given the fact he is getting icetime (and probably increasing amounts) and is not producing, I certainly don't put the blame on him.

The Tang 11-14-2003 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaintRon
Um, what exactly is Holzinger doing to earn his 1 mil + salary?

we're only paying 650k of it. TB pays the other half. i still want that 9th rounder back...

Plan 9 11-14-2003 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider Zero
we're only paying 650k of it. TB pays the other half. i still want that 9th rounder back...

I think the 9th rounder was the Bergevin deal.

SaintRon 11-14-2003 06:42 AM

Quote:

I'll buy that.

Quote:

Personally, I think the guy sucks, and have always said so.

How true. I'll second this as well.

Quote:

It should be noted that Tampa Bay is paying half his salary, however.

Bonus!!

SaintRon

john g 11-14-2003 06:58 AM

taping up my stick, had skates sharpened this week.....the fact that there is Holzinger media means I still have chance:) -- put me in coach, I'm ready

Plan 9 11-14-2003 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aki Fan
taping up my stick, had skates sharpened this week.....the fact that there is Holzinger media means I still have chance:) -- put me in coach, I'm ready

I'm thinking alone those lines as well.

I can't skate very well. I don't have great hands. I can fight, but I'll probably lose most of the time. But I do have a good sense of humor. And oh yeah, my head is shaved as well. Thinking that I could fill in for McKenna quite nicely. And they'd only have to pay me in nachos and Mountain Dew.

The Tang 11-14-2003 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koltsov71
I think the 9th rounder was the Bergevin deal.

yeah, but the tarde essetnially ended up being a 9th for holzinger and his salary paid since we got bergevin right back. i'd rather have the 9th.

JDB3939 11-14-2003 11:22 AM

Fata out means Surovy should be in.

Big McLargehuge 11-14-2003 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider Zero
yeah, but the tarde essetnially ended up being a 9th for holzinger and his salary paid since we got bergevin right back. i'd rather have the 9th.

we got ripped off

GoPenguins 11-14-2003 03:21 PM

With regards to Holzinger, its ironic that Tampa have had a better return for their money they shelled out on Holzinger this season than we have.

He's got a +/- of 0 for them, and only has 11 fewer shots. All this and they get to play a different player and not have to watch him for over 15 mins a game. :shakehead