HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Kilger is definitely not top 6 material (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=28036)

tinyzombies 11-13-2003 09:15 PM

Kilger is definitely not top 6 material

He does not crash the net, admires his passes and does not work hard on the boards, he floats in the high slot even though he is covered and skates by the net when there is a shot, he doesn't stop and plant ever.

Julien responded by putting him on the checking line with Sundstrom and Juneau and promoting Bulis.

Anyone else have an opinion on what to do with this guy? God this is frustrating.

8b 11-13-2003 09:18 PM

He never was, but maybe will become. Some players are long to develop, it could be the case for him (hopefuly). However, there is no real first line material in the team right now (exept for Koivu) so trying him is not much better or nastier to try anyone else (like Dackell!)...

gunnerdom 11-14-2003 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plekanec
Kilger will never be a top 9 player.... For the only one reason that he does'nt have the skills to be!

This guy has no hands, no creativity and no agility... A waste of space that we can thank Gainey for! 1 600 000$ to garbage!

Congratulation Gainey, you are the man!!! :handclap:

16000000 for two years... so that below average pay, 800 000 a year. That's not bad at all.

Freaky Habs Fan 11-14-2003 10:13 AM

Quote:

Kilger will never be a top 9 player.... For the only one reason that he does'nt have the skills to be!

Yeah, he don't have the skills to be a top 9 foward. This is why he was draft 4th overall.

C'mon, seriously, Kilger can be a top 6 foward but only if he work hard every night and play more consistent. This is his major problem.

Vasculio 11-14-2003 10:26 AM

[QUOTE=Freaky Habs Fan]Yeah, he don't have the skills to be a top 9 foward. This is why he was draft 4th overall.

Alexandre Daigle was a 1st overall too. Where is he? Sometimes draft order isn't significant.

But the problem of Kilger is, I think, a severe lack of confidence in his abilities, and he seems to think too much when playing. When he play with confidence, he drives to the net and is a beauty to watch. Perhaps that's why he's one of my favorite players. When Ward will be back, I hope they will form a trio with Koivu. Kilger seems to have developped a good chemistry with Ward, and he always play good with Koivu.

He *could* be a 1st liner... if he want it badly enough. Now does he want? Who knows beside him...

DJyellow 11-14-2003 11:24 AM

Kilger was great when he first came to Montreal...he was playing like Erik Cole... but haven't seen that same player since...

KILLger 11-14-2003 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurCHAOS
Alexandre Daigle was a 1st overall too. Where is he? Sometimes draft order isn't significant.

http://forecaster.ca/thestar/hockey/player.cgi?0449

8 points... wouldn't that be one of our top producer? :cry:

tinyzombies 11-14-2003 04:08 PM

[QUOTE=PurCHAOS]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
Yeah, he don't have the skills to be a top 9 foward. This is why he was draft 4th overall.

But the problem of Kilger is, I think, a severe lack of confidence in his abilities, and he seems to think too much when playing. When he play with confidence, he drives to the net and is a beauty to watch. Perhaps that's why he's one of my favorite players. When Ward will be back, I hope they will form a trio with Koivu. Kilger seems to have developped a good chemistry with Ward, and he always play good with Koivu.

He *could* be a 1st liner... if he want it badly enough. Now does he want? Who knows beside him...

I have the exact opposite opinion. He DOESN"T think out there. And he doesn't hustle or go to the tough areas. He doesn't want to pay the price. He might be a bit shy right now, which is understandable, but he better pick it up.

danboulie 11-14-2003 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raketheleaves
. He doesn't want to pay the price. He might be a bit shy right now, which is understandable, but he better pick it up.

It's a bit understandable that he's a little shy at the moment, since he took a high stick and got some bones broken in his head. It'll likely take another week or two, but hopefully Kilger will eb able to put that fear behind him and start playing a physical game.

goalchenyuk 11-14-2003 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raketheleaves
He does not crash the net, admires his passes and does not work hard on the boards, he floats in the high slot even though he is covered and skates by the net when there is a shot, he doesn't stop and plant ever.

Julien responded by putting him on the checking line with Sundstrom and Juneau and promoting Bulis.

Anyone else have an opinion on what to do with this guy? God this is frustrating.

happy to see that few people think like you ....there are a lot of fans , here .that are really high on him because he's fast and big .since the start of the season , i read comments about all the things he could add to the first line....

since how much season this player have around 10 goals ?

KILLger 11-15-2003 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark0v
happy to see that few people think like you ....there are a lot of fans , here .that are really high on him because he's fast and big .since the start of the season , i read comments about all the things he could add to the first line....

since how much season this player have around 10 goals ?

10 goals playing mostly on third and fourth lines... He wouldn't be in no means the "threat" on the first line. He's more of a complement, IMO. He plays well defensively and makes up for a guy that doesn't come back to play defense (Audette?).

(Plekanec): As for him being a waste of space for a kid, he's only 26, huge and versatile. By no means is he redundant (when he actually seems to care) and he's just back from a serious injury, leave him some time!...

Kirk Muller* 11-15-2003 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLger
(Plekanec): As for him being a waste of space for a kid, he's only 26, huge and versatile. By no means is he redundant (when he actually seems to care) and he's just back from a serious injury, leave him some time!...

The problem is that most of the time, he doesn't seem to care. And all those nights, he's taking up a spot while delivering nothing.